Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 252

Thread: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

  1. #121
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    This all reminds me of GI Jane (the movie) It was politcal then, and is politcal now. There is no WAY in hell a general sends in women into direct line of fire if they can help it, and the first one that does, and has the result that is fairly predicatble will be relieved of command. All this, sure if they can handle the physicality of it, then let them nonesense is missing the obvious political chest puffing this all is. All this is is some powerful womens lobby group (over the years) not being able to see the forest through the trees. -Or-, if you like, as long as it ain't my daughter the message is more to further womens perceived lack of equality and is worth the sacrifice of a few daughters to get the recognition. Politicians, like elitests, have never in the history of mankind, ever had a problem letting someone else take it up the you know what, just so long as the bigger picture is realized, and or furthered.

    This will all be great until females start coming home in body bags at the same rate men do, then see how long this little social experiment lasts!

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,401

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    This all reminds me of GI Jane (the movie) It was politcal then, and is politcal now. There is no WAY in hell a general sends in women into direct line of fire if they can help it, and the first one that does, and has the result that is fairly predicatble will be relieved of command. All this, sure if they can handle the physicality of it, then let them nonesense is missing the obvious political chest puffing this all is. All this is is some powerful womens lobby group (over the years) not being able to see the forest through the trees. -Or-, if you like, as long as it ain't my daughter the message is more to further womens perceived lack of equality and is worth the sacrifice of a few daughters to get the recognition. Politicians, like elitests, have never in the history of mankind, ever had a problem letting someone else take it up the you know what, just so long as the bigger picture is realized, and or furthered.


    This will all be great until females start coming home in body bags at the same rate men do, then see how long this little social experiment lasts!

    Tim-
    This "experiment" has been going on since woman were allowed to join up. Women pilots have been shot down in combat. The only difference now is that they will be elegible for the medals they deserve.

  3. #123
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Women get combat decorations.
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    This "experiment" has been going on since woman were allowed to join up. Women pilots have been shot down in combat. The only difference now is that they will be elegible for the medals they deserve.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  4. #124
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    This "experiment" has been going on since woman were allowed to join up. Women pilots have been shot down in combat. The only difference now is that they will be elegible for the medals they deserve.
    Dude, Puleeeessseee... yeah sure, one female to every 5000 men isn't exactly pulling equal duty sparky. Stop with the usual liberal, and typical exception to the rule argument. You look like a fool. Yes women have died from enemy gunfire by happenstance, NOT by design. If you want to delude yourself into some ridiculous comparison then by all means. I live in the real world sugar.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #126
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles


  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,401

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Dude, Puleeeessseee... yeah sure, one female to every 5000 men isn't exactly pulling equal duty sparky. Stop with the usual liberal, and typical exception to the rule argument. You look like a fool. Yes women have died from enemy gunfire by happenstance, NOT by design. If you want to delude yourself into some ridiculous comparison then by all means. I live in the real world sugar.


    Tim-
    Who said anything about equal duty?
    In your world male soldiers are killed "by design"? What does that even mean?
    Women have died while participating in active combat if that is what you are saying.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    And rightly deserved, even if too late for most of them.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #129
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Who said anything about equal duty?
    In your world male soldiers are killed "by design"? What does that even mean?
    Women have died while participating in active combat if that is what you are saying.
    Design as in men fight against other men on both sides.. Why am i speaking to you?

    Oh and yeah women have died while eating ice cream on the south side of Chicago, and your point is what exactly?

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  10. #130
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    I'm more than okay with women fighting on the front lines. We ALL should have the opportunity to stand the wall if we wish, and to make the same cut. All men who enlist are not cut out for front line duty, same for all women. The ones who can make the grade should be allowed the position.

    Look, it took 60 years after black men got the vote for women in America to be granted the same. Our society, our world, has spent our history telling the people who raised, taught, nurtured and supported us that they are less than capable, incompetent by birth. It's been a long time coming but it's long since time we grew the hell up.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •