Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 252

Thread: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

  1. #101
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    men don't have hygiene issues? I'd love to see that study.
    Well, they don't get yeast infections, which is the current reason why the Army won't let females in any situation where they won't have a shower for 3 days or longer. Which is simply the way it is for many of the required missions in Afghanistan.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  2. #102
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And yet, to date, they seem to contradict your claim and support.
    They haven't been tested under fire, so how can that be so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Well, they don't get yeast infections, which is the current reason why the Army won't let females in any situation where they won't have a shower for 3 days or longer. Which is simply the way it is for many of the required missions in Afghanistan.
    That's not true. Men can and do get yeast infections. Men also get other health issues due to poor hygiene.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They haven't been tested under fire, so how can that be so?
    I'll highlight from post 84:


    JERUSALEM -- A deadly shootout last week along Israel's border with Egypt has shined a spotlight on Israel's only mixed female and male combat unit, granting some recognition to a group that has faced much skepticism and often been the butt of jokes since its inception.

    The Caracal battalion's response to the militant attack on Friday – which left three gunmen dead, including one whom Israeli officials said was killed by a female soldier – marked a major test for the unit that typically handles tame operations. One Israeli soldier also was killed.

    (snip)

    "If the Caracal force wasn't there in those critical moments, it's clear to everyone that we could have faced a difficult attack," Col. Guy Biton, the commander of the Sagi Brigade that oversees the battalion, told the Maariv daily newspaper.

    Caracal Batallion, Israel's Only Co-Ed Combat Unit, Proves Its Worth

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #105
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's not true. Men can and do get yeast infections. Men also get other health issues due to poor hygiene.
    *shrugs* Until absolutely EVERY single standard is identical for men and women in combat positions, I will oppose it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Good, now lets work on the equal right to register for the Draft. And, while we are at it, women should be dieing on the battlefield at an equal rate as men. Women pushed their way into the workforce, demanding a 50% stake, many times backed by federal laws. So where are these laws when it comes to ensuring women take on the roles of firefighters, constructions workers, pavement workers, coal miners, loggers, truck drivers, garbage men... Some of the most dangerous jobs where the highest job related deaths occur are occupied by men. WHEN WILL WOMEN SHARE THE BURDEN!!! You want equality, but only when you want to have it. But you dont want to share the responsibility men have to maintain and build our countries infastructure or on the front lines protection our interests overseas. WHERE ARE YOU LADIES!!! Is this true equality when men still account for over 90% of the workplace deaths, die 7 years younger, commit suicide 6 times as much, represent 38% of college graduates. Did you know that single women that dont have kids make 117% of single men that never have kids. Did you know that women command over 70% of spending. Did you know that Women have 150% more net worth than men on average.

    Equal rights!!! Get serious. Equal rights is taking a slice of not just the good but the bad also. Taking on only the work you want to take on, and forcing employers to hire you in respect of gender equality is not equal rights, its entitlement. STEP IN LINE LADIES!!!! You have a lot to do before you are truely EQUAL to men.

    Pick up that 70+LB pack, grab that gun and face the enemy like we have been doing and dieing while doing it for over 400 years. Go demand that job at the construction site, coal mine, sanitation office, logging office...ect..ect.. demand your 50% of job related deaths!!!
    I agree with you. However I say give them the opportunity, if they want to be dudes they can be treated as a dude. Most wont be able to hack it...

    They cant be treated as a lady if they want to do mens work. They should get no exemptions.

  7. #107
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    11-20-17 @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    346

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles


  8. #108
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,563

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    men don't have hygiene issues? I'd love to see that study.
    Not the SAME hygene issues, study that.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #109
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    *shrugs* Until absolutely EVERY single standard is identical for men and women in combat positions, I will oppose it.
    The point is, you're creating a difference that isn't there. Both men and women carry Candida yeast, and both men and women get such infections for exactly the same reasons. So, what I'm questioning are your standards.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Not the SAME hygene issues, study that.
    I have. The differences are minor, and both have to worry about hygiene issues.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •