Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 252

Thread: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

  1. #91
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,578

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The question is: Can a woman live in the mud on a mountaintop for weeks and weeks without having feminine hygiene issues? As of now the Army policy says no for hygiene reasons. So we already are seeing a difference in standards.
    It'll leave male soldiers in a bind, when most of their female comrades have to go on sick call with rotten snatches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #92
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I hate this failed point you're delivering. Do you know my cycle and how much of a 'mess' it is? Do you know if I even have one? When is it - how heavy - how messy? Do you need details? When was the last time you **** down your leg in a watery mess? Hmm?

    A lot of women have it entirely under control - for many it's never a problem. No cramps. Infections tend to come from sexual activity. Men even get infections - heavens knows guys ask for diaper wipes in their care packages and care products for pubic lice and have to take trips to get treated for the clap.

    So quit with the ick-factor argument. It shows your ignorance on the issue seeing as how you boil us down to the issues of your few partners in life and the stereotypical product of a few maxi pad commercials.

    Leave that concern up to the woman who has to DEAL with it - it's not your concern and not your issue so don't pretend like you're some holy fount of knowledge when you know next to nothing.
    I can tell you are completely ignorant as to what I was talking about. It has nothing to do with "ick" or periods. It has to do with the current Army policy that women can NOT stay in a field environment longer than 3 days without a shower. The reason quoted is because of possible infections and hygiene issues.

    That is simply not possible in many environments, and I got so god damn dirty in that country I still feel dirty 5 years later. The skin on my back is still ****ed up from wearing body armor 24/7 for 2 straight months without a shower.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It'll leave male soldiers in a bind, when most of their female comrades have to go on sick call with rotten snatches.
    Platoon Leader: "Ok, we're heading out to man OPs and live in the dirt for 6 weeks. Sally and Rhonda get to stay behind so their crotches don't rot."

    I wonder what that would do to a platoon's cohesion.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #93
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    You say that now, but when the grizzley bears show up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I hate this failed point you're delivering. Do you know my cycle and how much of a 'mess' it is? Do you know if I even have one? When is it - how heavy - how messy? Do you need details? When was the last time you **** down your leg in a watery mess? Hmm?

    A lot of women have it entirely under control - for many it's never a problem. No cramps. Infections tend to come from sexual activity. Men even get infections - heavens knows guys ask for diaper wipes in their care packages and care products for pubic lice and have to take trips to get treated for the clap.

    So quit with the ick-factor argument. It shows your ignorance on the issue seeing as how you boil us down to the issues of your few partners in life and the stereotypical product of a few maxi pad commercials.

    Leave that concern up to the woman who has to DEAL with it - it's not your concern and not your issue so don't pretend like you're some holy fount of knowledge when you know next to nothing.

    Don't have access to a toilet? You pocket your pad or tampon - and hell - you bleed down your leg if you really have to. **** - who gives a **** . . . it's not much when you add it all up and any mess can eventually be wiped or washed away at some point - everyone has to use the bathroom along the way. No different than a guy jizzing in his shorts at night or whizzing down his jeans when he's prone in the bushes for 10 hours.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  4. #94
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I can tell you are completely ignorant as to what I was talking about. It has nothing to do with "ick" or periods. It has to do with the current Army policy that women can NOT stay in a field environment longer than 3 days without a shower. The reason quoted is because of possible infections and hygiene issues.

    That is simply not possible in many environments, and I got so god damn dirty in that country I still feel dirty 5 years later. The skin on my back is still ****ed up from wearing body armor 24/7 for 2 straight months without a shower.
    Well obviously that's going to end up changing now isn't it?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #95
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Well obviously that's going to end up changing now isn't it?
    We'll see. I'm not a doctor so I can't tell you the exact medical reasons behind it. If it was a substantiated rule, women's bodies haven't changed. So either they're going to remove the rule, or standards will be different.

    I can get along with the idea of women in combat roles, but they have to be COMPLETELY EQUAL in every single consideration. The days of women maxing their PT test with 15 pushups should be over.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #96
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,578

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Give me a company of PMS'ing lumberjack lesbians with their periods all synched up and I will deliver to you the world in a matter of months, My Lord.
    Until they're dehabilitated with yeast infections.

    "Sir! My battatlion is combat ineffective because they're all on the rag". And, yes, when women live together, their periods get in sync with each other, so it's not outrageous to expect them all to get on the rag during the same time frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Until they're dehabilitated with yeast infections.

    "Sir! My battatlion is combat ineffective because they're all on the rag". And, yes, when women live together, their periods get in sync with each other, so it's not outrageous to expect them all to get on the rag during the same time frame.
    "At least that is what I think they are saying--I can't quite make them out. For some reason, they all have come down with a case of carpel tunnel syndrome in their tongues, Sir. It is the damnedest thing I have ever seen. "

  8. #98
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,578

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I can tell you are completely ignorant as to what I was talking about. It has nothing to do with "ick" or periods. It has to do with the current Army policy that women can NOT stay in a field environment longer than 3 days without a shower. The reason quoted is because of possible infections and hygiene issues.
    And, when a female soldier is on the rag, she is required by regulations to be allowed to have a shower daily.

    That is simply not possible in many environments, and I got so god damn dirty in that country I still feel dirty 5 years later. The skin on my back is still ****ed up from wearing body armor 24/7 for 2 straight months without a shower.



    Platoon Leader: "Ok, we're heading out to man OPs and live in the dirt for 6 weeks. Sally and Rhonda get to stay behind so their crotches don't rot."

    I wonder what that would do to a platoon's cohesion.
    PL to his company commander: "The LP/OP didn't detect the eny infiltration because the two soliders manning the post were having sex, sir".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Caracals have only been in one minor firefight, where one of the female soldiers was guilty of cowardice under fire.
    And yet, to date, they seem to contradict your claim and support.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon to overturn ban on women in military combat roles

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The question is: Can a woman live in the mud on a mountaintop for weeks and weeks without having feminine hygiene issues? As of now the Army policy says no for hygiene reasons. So we already are seeing a difference in standards.
    men don't have hygiene issues? I'd love to see that study.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •