Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 448

Thread: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 150]

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But if you want a quite:

    Errors aside, the fundamental problem with Lott’s research can be summarized by the old social science adage “correlation is not causation.” Many variables may be related to one another yet not cause one another. For example, there is a significant association between a child’s shoe size and the child’s writing ability. But this correlation, of course, does not prove that large shoes improve writing ability.7



    Exactly what I laid out for you earlier
    That's wiki's say-so, that has no credibility or authority. It's hearsay at best.

    And we haven't touched on the fact that I haven't sourced Lott at all, so why you think it's appropriate to debunk Lott is beyond me. go ahead and trash the guy, it does nothing to anything I've ever said because I've never used Lott as a source.

  2. #352
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers.
    Luke, 6:44


    I'm putting out Harvard, FBI, CDC, quoting state laws and SCOTUS decisions...and all the anti-gunners are using is wiki and a couple kook blogs.

    #lowinformationvoters
    Your not really paying attention. Btw, the FBI and CDC, both of which I've quoted in these threads, support me here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #353
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That's wiki's say-so, that has no credibility or authority. It's hearsay at best.
    Not at all. As I linked, it has been prove every bit as reliable as any encyclopedia. You're operating on misinformation.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #354
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your not really paying attention. Btw, the FBI and CDC, both of which I've quoted in these threads, support me here.
    support what-that you don't like Lott's conclusions or that you can actually prove that the silly gun control schemes you support actually will make us safer

    that the lunatic fringe gun haters constantly start blogs to attack Lott prove that his scholarship is taken seriously by those who matter



  5. #355
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That's wiki's say-so, that has no credibility or authority. It's hearsay at best.

    And we haven't touched on the fact that I haven't sourced Lott at all, so why you think it's appropriate to debunk Lott is beyond me. go ahead and trash the guy, it does nothing to anything I've ever said because I've never used Lott as a source.
    Lott's where this thought is bred from.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That's wiki's say-so, that has no credibility or authority. It's hearsay at best.

    And we haven't touched on the fact that I haven't sourced Lott at all, so why you think it's appropriate to debunk Lott is beyond me. go ahead and trash the guy, it does nothing to anything I've ever said because I've never used Lott as a source.
    Scratch that: I used Lott once on this site, 4 years ago, got shot down. I haven't used Lott since.

    I certainly haven't used Lott recently or in this thread.

  7. #357
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    support what-that you don't like Lott's conclusions or that you can actually prove that the silly gun control schemes you support actually will make us safer

    that the lunatic fringe gun haters constantly start blogs to attack Lott prove that his scholarship is taken seriously by those who matter
    TD pay attention, I've never claimed gun control works entirely. I've stated clearly and directly both sides make false claims. You guys just deny yours more often when I say it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #358
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Scratch that: I used Lott once on this site, 4 years ago, got shot down. I haven't used Lott since.

    I certainly haven't used Lott recently or in this thread.
    But, the claim was born in his research. There really is nothing else, and what disputes him, disputes the claim.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #359
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    TD pay attention, I've never claimed gun control works entirely. I've stated clearly and directly both sides make false claims. You guys just deny yours more often when I say it.
    you are wrong. the anti gun side constantly lies. we don't.



  10. #360
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    support what-that you don't like Lott's conclusions or that you can actually prove that the silly gun control schemes you support actually will make us safer

    that the lunatic fringe gun haters constantly start blogs to attack Lott prove that his scholarship is taken seriously by those who matter
    All scholarship is taken seriously to some degree. Once published, it either gains support or is **** down. Lott was **** down.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •