Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 448

Thread: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 150]

  1. #341
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    When you source a site, you're saying your claim is true because your source says so.

    Nothing is true because Wiki says so, because anyone can modify any wiki page to say anything they want. Wiki is not subject to the scientific method, most notably wiki is not subject to peer review or independent falsification.

    You source wiki, someone else sources Harvard, you could actually be correct but you would fail the debate because Harvard has a wealth of credibility while wiki has non.
    No, you should investigate use of sources more. Wiki and encyclopedias are used as an overview. They give an overview of all he aspects of the debate, citing other sources.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #342
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    And that's another thing: blogs are opinion, not fact, which is why DebatePolitics.com has one Breaking News forum for legitimate news outlet and another Braking News forum for blogs.

    When you say your opinion is true because someone else has the same opinion, that doesn't mean either of you are factually accurate, that only means the two of you share the same opinion. You could both be wrong.
    Again, it lays out the argument concisely, and cites where the more extensive work is. Linked above.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Here you're just throwing up a link without quoting the portion relevant to your point. In fact, you aren't even stating a point in that post at all.

    Apart and aside from debate and guns and what anyone's opinion is, that's just poor communication skills in general.

  4. #344
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    And that's another thing: blogs are opinion, not fact, which is why DebatePolitics.com has one Breaking News forum for legitimate news outlet and another Braking News forum for blogs.

    When you say your opinion is true because someone else has the same opinion, that doesn't mean either of you are factually accurate, that only means the two of you share the same opinion. You could both be wrong.

    Its funny but the gun haters cannot find any study that accurately demonstrates that gun restrictions make us safer. The ARC tried after the AWB and Brady bill was passed-a noted anti gun research organization could only find that the brady waiting period MAY Have decreased suicides in one age cohort (a five year span)



  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, it lays out the argument concisely, and cites where the more extensive work is. Linked above.
    And it does you no good here.

    Here is where you are supposed to lay out the argument concisely, not link to somewhere off DebatePolitics.com where the argument can be found. The point of this site is to have the argument here.

  6. #346
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    If they are old enough to go kill enemy's in the defense of the nation, they should be allowed the responsibility. I am of the opinion we don't give young people enough responsibility for there own lives and circumstance. Which is why people today have no concept of real responsibility. It is always someone else's fault is all we are teaching.

    So you are correct in the "stupid" being rampant in the late 20's. So we need to show them we can trust them to be responsible. And face the repercussion's if they are not.
    There's a reason why prisons are a growth industry in this country. But, I prefer others not pay for their lack of responsibility.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #347
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Here you're just throwing up a link without quoting the portion relevant to your point. In fact, you aren't even stating a point in that post at all.

    Apart and aside from debate and guns and what anyone's opinion is, that's just poor communication skills in general.
    It's covered in an earlier link. I assumed you wanted the enter work instead of then overview.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #348
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    And it does you no good here.

    Here is where you are supposed to lay out the argument concisely, not link to somewhere off DebatePolitics.com where the argument can be found. The point of this site is to have the argument here.
    I have laid it out concisely. There is much supporting it as well, which s what I was trying to show, the an overview.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #349
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Here you're just throwing up a link without quoting the portion relevant to your point. In fact, you aren't even stating a point in that post at all.

    Apart and aside from debate and guns and what anyone's opinion is, that's just poor communication skills in general.
    But if you want a quite:

    Errors aside, the fundamental problem with Lott’s research can be summarized by the old social science adage “correlation is not causation.” Many variables may be related to one another yet not cause one another. For example, there is a significant association between a child’s shoe size and the child’s writing ability. But this correlation, of course, does not prove that large shoes improve writing ability.7



    Exactly what I laid out for you earlier

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #350
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Its funny but the gun haters cannot find any study that accurately demonstrates that gun restrictions make us safer. The ARC tried after the AWB and Brady bill was passed-a noted anti gun research organization could only find that the brady waiting period MAY Have decreased suicides in one age cohort (a five year span)
    Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers.
    Luke, 6:44


    I'm putting out Harvard, FBI, CDC, quoting state laws and SCOTUS decisions...and all the anti-gunners are using is wiki and a couple kook blogs.

    #lowinformationvoters

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •