Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 448

Thread: Lone Star College Shooting Leaves 3 Injured, 'Person of Interest' in Custody[W: 150]

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Since you are arguing that correlation = causality, how do you explain the fact that crime has dropped while the rate of gun ownership has dropped?
    Your statement has a false premise. Please revise and redress.

  2. #322
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Your statement has a false premise. Please revise and redress.
    I see no false premise. Could you idenitify this premise and explain why it's false
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I see no false premise. Could you idenitify this premise and explain why it's false
    Certainly:
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Since you are arguing that correlation = causality, how do you explain the fact that crime has dropped while the rate of gun ownership has dropped?
    I don't make that argument.

    Please correct your error and redress your question.

  4. #324
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Certainly:

    I don't make that argument.

    Please correct your error and redress your question.
    You said
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That guns lower crime is as proven as gravity.
    There is no such proof, and the only "evidence" of this is based on the fallacy that correlation = causation

    However, if you have definitive proof that doesn't rely on the c=c fallacy, I'd like to see it
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You said


    There is no such proof, and the only "evidence" of this is based on the fallacy that correlation = causation

    However, if you have definitive proof that doesn't rely on the c=c fallacy, I'd like to see it
    Did you notice how you just excluded anything anyone could every post, just before you feigned open-mindedness?

    You betray yourself.

  6. #326
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Did you notice how you just excluded anything anyone could every post, just before you feigned open-mindedness?

    You betray yourself.
    I did not notice it because I did not do it

    Now, if you can post that proof that doesnt rely on the c=c fallacy, I would appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I did not notice it because I did not do it
    Yes you did, twice, right here:
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You said

    There is no such proof, and the only "evidence" of this is based on the fallacy that correlation = causation

    However, if you have definitive proof that doesn't rely on the c=c fallacy, I'd like to see it
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Now, if you can post that proof that doesnt rely on the c=c fallacy, I would appreciate it
    Why are you asking for what you claim doesn't exist?

  8. #328
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yes you did, twice, right here:



    Why are you asking for what you claim doesn't exist?
    So I see you are unable to post this non-c=c proof you claim exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So I see you are unable to post this non-c=c proof you claim exists.
    You're asking for what you claim doesn't exist, and that doesn't make any sense.

  10. #330
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Lone Star College Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You're asking for what you claim doesn't exist, and that doesn't make any sense.
    I'm asking for what you claim does exist.

    I am claiming that it doesn't exist, and your inability to post what you claim exists supports my argument that it doesn't exist
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •