Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 286

Thread: Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting

  1. #241
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamPaul View Post
    Why do you think there are lobbyists in DC? It's all about taxes...
    I disagree. It's all about laws, some of which are tax laws.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  2. #242
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,382

    Re: Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I am glad there is about 80% public support for ending the gun show loophole!

    "A recent survey found that over 80% of gun owners and 74% of NRA members support requiring background checks on all gun sales."
    Gun Show Loophole-- Brady Campaign Blog
    They just closed the loophole...Got this in an email from the ATF today.

    http://www.atf.gov/publications/down...-p-5300-21.pdf

    At least they closed the "loophole" as best they could within their power. Why do stupid laws always have to get in the way of an agenda.....
    Last edited by BretJ; 01-24-13 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Corrected link
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  3. #243
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I disagree. It's all about laws, some of which are tax laws.
    It's all about the money. Taxation is the power in DC...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #244
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting

    Good night all. Play safe...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #245
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    They just closed the loophole...Got this in an email from the ATF today.

    http://www.atf.gov/publications/down...-p-5300-21.pdf

    At least they closed the "loophole" as best they could within their power. Why do stupid laws always have to get in the way of an agenda.....
    page not found is what I got from that link



  6. #246
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,382

    Re: Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    page not found is what I got from that link
    Wow! That was fast. I wonder what prompted them to pull it. Let me do some quick Google Fu....
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  7. #247
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,382

    Re: Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting

    My Android Nexus cut and paste skills are weak.....corrected the link. Thanks for pointing it out.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  8. #248
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Your stupid comments continue to be spewed. You haven't read your mistress Feinswein's dictates. That asshole wants the government to confiscate guns I own when I die and that asshole wants us to have to pay 200 dollars each for guns we already own. Hopefully lots of dems up for election in 2014 support that.

    How did you plan to continue owning your AR-15 after your death before Feinstein's bill was proposed?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #249
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    How did you plan to continue owning your AR-15 after your death before Feinstein's bill was proposed?
    I plan on leaving them to my son and my nieces. You see one of the weapons I was left by my grandfather was his colt 1911 he had in the service. It is promised to my son's first child just as I was my grandfather's first grandchild. I also have the MI carbine that your matriarch claims is an "assault weapon" that my father had in the service that he left to me. I plan on leaving that to my son.

    why should my estate and heirs be deprived of property just because people like you are hateful?



  10. #250
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Private sales at gun show on hold after three hurt in accidental shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I plan on leaving them to my son and my nieces. You see one of the weapons I was left by my grandfather was his colt 1911 he had in the service. It is promised to my son's first child just as I was my grandfather's first grandchild. I also have the MI carbine that your matriarch claims is an "assault weapon" that my father had in the service that he left to me. I plan on leaving that to my son.

    why should my estate and heirs be deprived of property just because people like you are hateful?

    LOL! You must really think I have a lot of power! How's this, unless you are your sons do something stupid with your guns, you can keep them. Does that make you feel better!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •