Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    You dont seem to have the ability to respond intelligently to what other people say do you.
    Psst: I just did. The allegation was the Obama was increasing the income gap because his policies have helped the market take off. I pointed out that he raised taxes on the top bracket, reducing the income gap.

    Try to keep up.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Why don't we just get all the rich to leave the country with their money? That'll decrease the income gap. Just ask France.
    Hey, kids a nonsequitur, the inevitable result of a conservative losing another argument.

    Obama raised taxes on the top bracket, which will help restore a balance in the income gap cause by Bush's unwise tax cuts for the wealthy. The result has been economic growth and a thriving stock market.

    Discuss!

  3. #43
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Psst: I just did. The allegation was the Obama was increasing the income gap because his policies have helped the market take off. I pointed out that he raised taxes on the top bracket, reducing the income gap.

    Try to keep up.
    I didnt make that allegation, so your comment to me was non responsive. But your argument here is silly anyway. If you think that a 3 percentage point rise in the top bracket is going to offset the gains those people have made in the market, and thus, reduce the income gap, you cant add.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Hey, kids a nonsequitur, the inevitable result of a conservative losing another argument.

    Obama raised taxes on the top bracket, which will help restore a balance in the income gap cause by Bush's unwise tax cuts for the wealthy. The result has been economic growth and a thriving stock market.

    Discuss!
    That is like saying that peeing in the ocean has helped raise sea levels. Discuss. The tax revenue that will come in is about $60 billion per year. That will not make a dent in the income gap. All it has accomplished is to apply a temporary bandage on the open wound that is liberal envy.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Hey, kids a nonsequitur, the inevitable result of a conservative losing another argument.

    Obama raised taxes on the top bracket, which will help restore a balance in the income gap cause by Bush's unwise tax cuts for the wealthy. The result has been economic growth and a thriving stock market.

    Discuss!
    Haha! Except the stock market just made the rich richer! So the gap increased! Keep clapping anyways!

    By the way, the stock market was on an uptrend before the fiscal cliff, in a way that is typical of a recovery following a deep contraction. Perhaps if you followed the stock market, you would've known that.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,258

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Hey, congratulations. We've been limping
    along since the recession, with last year me and my partner talking less in draws than some of my employees. But this year, it's already turned around.
    The hoysing numbers were revised downwards.

    I mean no amount of your empty claims will undo the damage your party has inflicted in the last 4 years.

    How retarded, "yay the economy's coming back" when the banks are holding on to trillions...and getting payed to do it, your idiot President is spending away any chance of REAL recovery and unemployment numbers are posted by parrots like you with out any mention of the massive drop in the labor participation rate.

    I can see you by your self with a pathetic little cupcake with a candle sticking out of it having a celebration....alone.

    The economy's coming back.....Right

  7. #47
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,733

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Why don't we just get all the rich to leave the country with their money? That'll decrease the income gap. Just ask France.
    I did ask France that question. Guess what happened? France surrendered to me as soon as I asked it. Anybody interested in buying the Eiffel Tower? I'll sell it to you at a good price.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •