Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

  1. #21
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,719

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Self-absorbed much?
    No, that's Sponge Bob Squarepants. But, seriously, the market crashed because of the market, and it is recovering because of the market. Say what you want about Mitt Romney, but he wasn't lying when he said 12 million jobs would be created under his administration. He only BS'd about it being because of him, just like Democrats are BS'ing that the 12 million jobs will be because of Obama. Actually, there WILL be 12 million jobs in the next few years, but Obama, Democrats, Republicans, and the Man in the Moon will have nothing to do with it........ Except to tell tall tales. The market corrected in 2007, and now the correction is over. It's as simple as that.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    It doesn't seem to be hurting medical stocks.

    In any way, Obama has raised taxes. The rightwing noise machine claimed it would result in economic armeggedon. It hasn't. Quite the contrary. Don't you think you guys should admit you were wrong?
    The tax isn't due until Jan 29th. The jury is still out, but indications are that medical device companies are laying off workers in response. Either way, this represents a high tech, high paying market that countries like China are fiercely competing for. I don't understand the logic behind a tax that might hinder one of our best exporting sectors.


    Your strawmans ever get stale? The taxes haven't even hit yet. The stock market is up, because they don't have to worry about a long drawn out political fight or the country plunging back into recession. (Perhaps if you knew anything about the stock market besides what you read in article headlines, you would know this.) That doesn't mean the tax increases were a good thing but it also doesn't mean its armeggedon either. Just a step in the wrong direction.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    No, that's Sponge Bob Squarepants. But, seriously, the market crashed because of the market, and it is recovering because of the market. Say what you want about Mitt Romney, but he wasn't lying when he said 12 million jobs would be created under his administration. He only BS'd about it being because of him, just like Democrats are BS'ing that the 12 million jobs will be because of Obama. Actually, there WILL be 12 million jobs in the next few years, but Obama, Democrats, Republicans, and the Man in the Moon will have nothing to do with it........ Except to tell tall tales. The market corrected in 2007, and now the correction is over. It's as simple as that.
    Exactly. Markets thrive on predictability. Predictability comes from politicians staying the hell out of the way of the markets.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    The tax isn't due until Jan 29th. .
    Psssst: stock prices take into consideration near future events that are certain, like a new tax.

    So I repeat: it hasn't hurt medical stock prices, which means that your concerns are ill-founded.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Exactly. Markets thrive on predictability. Predictability comes from politicians staying the hell out of the way of the markets.
    The tax is predictable. It's passed. Yet, medical stock prices are doing fine. Your analysis is therefore nonsense, a talking point.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    It's the highest in 5 years so your narrative doesn't make sense unless you claim they took the money out before Bush's Meltdown. Which of course they didn't. But nice little story.
    Which is barely higher then they were in September. Perhaps if you actually followed the stock market you would know this.

    The markets would be the exact same right now whether taxes went up, down, or stayed the same. All the markets cared about, is that the fiscal cliff deal didn't get drawn out and that a possible recession was avoided. The taxes however, will effect the markets down the road, although results may vary.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,266

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Pssst: this thread isn't about me, fascinating though I am. It's about Obama's policies. But I don't need to wonder why you don't want to discuss them. They're succeeding!
    What policies are those, exactly? The guy has gotten nothing through congress in two years. The truth of the matter is it is his inability to implement his policies that are aiding the recovery.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    The tax is predictable. It's passed. Yet, medical stock prices are doing fine. Your analysis is therefore nonsense, a talking point.
    18 Democratic Senators disagree with you.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-17 @ 02:13 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,127

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    It's the highest in 5 years so your narrative doesn't make sense unless you claim they took the money out before Bush's Meltdown. Which of course they didn't. But nice little story.

    how about you address my remarks.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: S&P 500 Hits New 5-Year High On Housing Boost, Jobless Claims

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Pssst: this thread isn't about me, fascinating though I am. It's about Obama's policies. But I don't need to wonder why you don't want to discuss them. They're succeeding!

    NEXT!
    You do realize that the S&P has not set a new high since 2007 don't you? I would hardly call that succeeding.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •