Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 332

Thread: Dozens held after Islamists attack Algerian gas field!!!![W:280]

  1. #281
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Dozens held after Islamists attack Algerian gas field!!!![W:280]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    No the point is... is it's about putting things into context.

    Now I know that's hard for you because it requires critical thinking (yes I know you're going to cry ad hominem and play the victim).

    One might have thought looking at Japanese atrocities during WW2 and their occupations of various Asian nations before that, that they were nothing but blood thirsty, sick rapists that didn't have an ounce of humanity in them...

    Far more Japanese soldiers committed severe crimes against humanity than any Muslim terrorists today.

    Now one of the most peaceful nations on Earth with a constitution that forbids armed aggression against another country.

    The point is... and this will hopefully be my final word with you on this subject because you are extremely obtuse and talking to hateful people like you about Muslims and Islam is like smashing my head against the wall over and over again.

    Is that you're extremely slimy on this subject, you spread fear, hatred, misinformation and when you're called on this you either deny it, play the victim or just continue like nothing happened.

    I know that the Muslim world has issues, I oppose some of their nations treatment of women and I hope that it changes... but not all muslim nations are like this and it's actually in many cases more to do with longstanding cultural traditions in the region than it is the religion itself.

    You go to Jordan and you won't find such oppression of Women as you might find in rural Iran or Pakistan.

    Bah who am I kidding, I'm tired of typing because nothing is ever going to get through the shield of ignorance surrounding your brain.

    You will continue to spread fear and lies.

    You will continue to use dubious sources to make your points (often times it seems like you've googled for about 30 seconds before posting links).

    And you will continue to be wrong.

    We know who our enemy is... it's all peoples in this world who's intent is to use violence against the innocent, they come from all religions, all nations and they act of their own accord and they will be stopped... and we will not let people like you try to paint large numbers of people who happen to share the same faith with a broad brush because you don't have the critical thinking skills to see reality.

    Who is "we"? And could you put that into a scary skype version of electronically altered voice over please, it would have more effect.....heheheh
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dozens held after Islamists attack Algerian gas field!!!![W:280]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    No the point is... is it's about putting things into context.
    Where is the context that applies today? The fact is that radical Islam has nothing to do with Christianity any more than it has to do with any other religion, or atheism or agnosticism for that matter. It stands alone.

    One might have thought looking at Japanese atrocities during WW2 and their occupations of various Asian nations before that, that they were nothing but blood thirsty, sick rapists that didn't have an ounce of humanity in them...
    Yes, that thought was certainly there at the time.

    Far more Japanese soldiers committed severe crimes against humanity than any Muslim terrorists today.
    And Communism killed even more. But what does that have to do with Christianity?

    Now one of the most peaceful nations on Earth with a constitution that forbids armed aggression against another country.
    Yes, after a huge bomb was dropped on them. Are you advocating the same for Islamic countries?

    The point is... and this will hopefully be my final word with you on this subject because you are extremely obtuse and talking to hateful people like you about Muslims and Islam is like smashing my head against the wall over and over again.
    It seems you've done a lot of smashing.

    Is that you're extremely slimy on this subject, you spread fear, hatred, misinformation and when you're called on this you either deny it, play the victim or just continue like nothing happened.
    Haven't you heard of the new rule? Leftists must now use quotes.

    I know that the Muslim world has issues,
    Issues? Yes, I suppose it has a few issues.

    I oppose some of their nations treatment of women and I hope that it changes
    You oppose some of their treatment of women. Which would those be? And which treatments of women do you approve of? Anyway I think that is quite liberal of you to oppose some of those treatments.....
    but not all muslim nations are like this and it's actually in many cases more to do with longstanding cultural traditions in the region than it is the religion itself.
    So not all Muslims are the same? That's an amazing insight.But some have cultural traditions that the modern world might find offensive but, in any case, it's not the fault of Islam. Understood.

    You go to Jordan and you won't find such oppression of Women as you might find in rural Iran or Pakistan.
    How liberal of those Jordanians not to have as much oppression.. Why don't they lighten up a little in Iran and Pakistan so they can me more like the less oppressive Muslims?
    Bah who am I kidding, I'm tired of typing because nothing is ever going to get through the shield of ignorance surrounding your brain.
    Not at all! You're convinced me that not all Muslims are terrorists and more of them should behave like Jordanians. Those are excellent points!

    You will continue to spread fear and lies.
    Gee, Jetbogieman, I hope I haven't made you fearful or led you astray. Such was not my intention.

    You will continue to use dubious sources to make your points (often times it seems like you've googled for about 30 seconds before posting links).
    If I ever use dubious sources you be sure to point them out to me, okay? As well as any untruths. You can always point to your undubious sources for clarification.

    And you will continue to be wrong.
    Well, perhaps.

    We know who our enemy is... it's all peoples in this world who's intent is to use violence against the innocent, they come from all religions, all nations and they act of their own accord and they will be stopped... and we will not let people like you try to paint large numbers of people who happen to share the same faith with a broad brush because you don't have the critical thinking skills to see reality
    .

    Yes, you get out there and spread the word. People must learn the truth!

    A friend of mine sells sandwich boards for people who have a message to tell. Perhaps I can get you a discount.

  3. #283
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Dozens held after Islamists attack Algerian gas field!!!![W:280]

    So much apologism. Let's just take 3 from the first few pages:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Terrorist attacks are committed by people of all faiths, and by people who lack faith. (although I would suggest any terrorist's "faith" is superficial at best, seeing as how there is no holy book that condones terrorism)

    In America we have "Christianists," I.E. Christians who want to impose their religious doctrine onto everyone through social or political means. Even violent means on occasion. I'm sure Islamists are in America too, but they wield no political power.

    Are you ok with one but not the other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    To be fair, not every Muslim is an extremist jihadi just like not every Christian is Eric Rudolph.
    Hideously apologetic, well into ignorance or PC whitewashing.

    Muslim terror attacks, those committed in the Name of Islam, (not ordinary crime), are daily acts and Overwhelm in number those by any other religion, in fact ALL other religions combined.
    Just the last 30 days:
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

    and just what was reported in the West/found by one website.
    Anyone wanna try such for ANY other religion?

    You can add up all your Christian abortion clinic bombers for 30 years and that's Not One average week of Islam.
    The "we all have a few bad apples" is such an inappropriate attempt at Moral Equivalence it amounts to a Lie


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Over the years this has been the crux.

    Guys like Marsden and Grant won't openly say it but it's pretty obvious they have an intense dislike for muslims, they say things that pretty much spell out that they believe that even if most muslims aren't actively violent, most of them passively support the violence.
    When you confront them on this though they will deny it.

    So they think there's a muslim problem...
    Then you ask "What's your solution"
    and they freeze up
    .
    Never... not once... even from the hardest of the hardcore muslim haters that used to be at DP NEVER have they answered that question...

    Actually that's not true, one person did.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/religi...post1058829959
    Another person who can't deal with the truth and has rarely participated in our intense Islam discussions here.. yet claims 'no one answers the question'.
    I have Regularly in my many strings/posts on the topic.
    ie, http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle...post1059214500
    in fact, generally when I mention Manji, I'm talking about the solution: Reform Islam/Secular or Reformated Islam.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=mbig...w=1280&bih=675
    and when I Mention her, a practising Muslim reformer, it is oft to point out the General but pervasive literalist/violence problem using one quote as well as reform.

    So does 'no one answer the question' or do we have someone Unqualified/Inexperienced in the matter, Mischaractering many previous discussions on DP, Most of which he was Never even in. (!)

    Of course 'Secular Islam' would be considered apostasy, a death offense, by many Muslims.
    So that reformers or critics live under the threat of death.
    The most idiotic strawman in the debate is the profer "not all Muslims are terrorists". No kidding.
    But a Majority to significant Minority of Muslims worldwide are literalists (islamists) who want ie, Sharia Law; including Death for Apostates, Amputation for Theft, punishmen for 'insulting Islam', etc.
    See the Pew polls many of us who DO debate it regularly post. (Dr Chuckles, Gardener, me, etc)
    Or check out who 'Moderate' Egypt (etc) elected when they were free to do so. (70% went for the Islamist Muslim brotherhood or even worse, Salafis in total)

    The Problem with Islam is they are Much more literal as a percent of their religion than others, and literal to a book that is less compatible with Western values, and a book whose enemies, Christians and Jews, are still extant.
    Islam IS Inordinately Literal, Intolerant, and Violent.
    Last edited by mbig; 01-20-13 at 08:36 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  4. #284
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,636

    Re: Dozens held after Islamists attack Algerian gas field!!!![W:280]

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    To be fair, not every Muslim is an extremist jihadi just like not every Christian is Eric Rudolph.
    Hideously apologetic, well into ignorance or PC whitewashing.

    Muslim terror attacks, those committed in the Name of Islam, (not ordinary crime), are daily acts and Overwhelm in number those by any other religion, in fact ALL other religions combined.
    Just the last 30 days:
    Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time
    I hesitated before posting this because...well....I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but as near as I can tell you are just plain out of your gourd on this.

    20% of the world population is Muslim...1.5 billion or so. If they were all radicals who would rather strap a bomb to themselves and blow themselves up in the middle of the town square we'd have probably noticed by now. But that doesn't happen and the reason it doesn't happen is, like I said, because hardly any Muslims are suicidal jihadi's. The ones that are make a lot of noise but to condemn all the practitioners of a given theology because some miniscule number of screwballs have latched on to the faith as a justification for their homicidal desires is ridiculously twisted.

  5. #285
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Dozens held after Islamists attack Algerian gas field!!!![W:280]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    I hesitated before posting this because...well....I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but as near as I can tell you are just plain out of your gourd on this.

    20% of the world population is Muslim...1.5 billion or so. If they were all radicals who would rather strap a bomb to themselves and blow themselves up in the middle of the town square we'd have probably noticed by now. But that doesn't happen and the reason it doesn't happen is, like I said, because hardly any Muslims are suicidal jihadi's. The ones that are make a lot of noise but to condemn all the practitioners of a given theology because some miniscule number of screwballs have latched on to the faith as a justification for their homicidal desires is ridiculously twisted.
    If you quoted me in Full instead of with a Dishonest short quote/Strawman you would see this WAS COVERED.

    'Radical' is a nebulous term, that's why I used Literalist/Islamist.
    You went on to use new word 'radical' as 'terrorist'.
    Very few Muslims are 'terrorists', while AGAIN, a significant Minority to Majority are Literalists/Islamists who want Sharia Law, including Death for Apostates, Amputation for theft, Stoning for Adultery, etc.
    Islam/Muslims are Inordinately Literalist, (fundamentalist), Intolerant, and Violent. No, Not 'all' nor are even most/many 'terrorists.'
    Though the Overwhelming number of terrorism acts are committed By Muslims.
    No answer I see to even the part/list you did quote.

    I specifically parsed these words carefully and elaborated what they meant while you, specifically, and nonetheless spouted the Goofy Strawman, 'not all Muslims are terrorists', I dealt with in my last.

    Your post was a travesty in of not reading, nor quoting, nor addressing, what was posted.
    Even worse/more laughable, Jetboogieman couldn't even answer the part directed at his piece of Disingenuity, just 'liked' your post. Jetboogieman who Claimed 'no one could answer', when in fact I have many times, while he rarely even participated in many long-running Islam discussions here. What a Joke.
    Last edited by mbig; 01-20-13 at 09:07 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  6. #286
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Dozens held after Islamists attack Algerian gas field!!!![W:280]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman to Grant
    No the point is... is it's about putting things into context.
    Now I know that's hard for you because it requires critical thinking (yes I know you're going to cry ad hominem and play the victim).
    One might have thought looking at Japanese atrocities during WW2 and their occupations of various Asian nations before that, that they were nothing but blood thirsty, sick rapists that didn't have an ounce of humanity in them...
    Far more Japanese soldiers committed severe crimes against humanity than any Muslim terrorists today.
    We could also go back to the Crusades or Inquisition but we are talking about Today; and we are talking about in general, peacetime. Not non-analogous war.

    Nonetheless, Link or coherent analysis for that claim?
    For openers, I suggest you might want to look at the two modern Genocides in Sudan. East Timor, conflicts from Mauritania to Mindinao, ... Or that people are dying/being persecuted every day worldwide of Islam. Christians have been, in fact, are being Cleansed from the Middle East and other areas NOW.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman
    The point is... and this will hopefully be my final word with you on this subject because you are extremely obtuse and talking to hateful people like you about Muslims and Islam is like smashing my head against the wall over and over again.
    Is that you're extremely slimy on this subject, you spread fear, hatred, misinformation and when you're called on this you either deny it, play the victim or just continue like nothing happened.
    I would like if you could fairly and quantatively discuss Islam, it's scripture and acts, of today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogierman
    I know that the Muslim world has issues, I oppose some of their nations treatment of women and I hope that it changes... but not all muslim nations are like this and it's actually in many cases more to do with longstanding cultural traditions in the region than it is the religion itself.
    You go to Jordan and you won't find such oppression of Women as you might find in rural Iran or Pakistan.
    Bah who am I kidding, I'm tired of typing because nothing is ever going to get through the shield of ignorance surrounding your brain.
    You will continue to spread fear and lies.
    Issues? The understatement of the last 50 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogeyman
    You will continue to use dubious sources to make your points (often timsuote it seems like you've googled for about 30 seconds before posting links).
    And you will continue to be wrong.
    Pew poll is dubious?
    Gallup? ie, missed you in this long-runner on Islam: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...fer-500-a.html
    Many other strings as well.
    The 'Arab Spring' hasn't elected Islamists?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogeyman
    We know who our enemy is... it's all peoples in this world who's intent is to use violence against the innocent, they come from all religions, all nations and they act of their own accord and they will be stopped... and we will not let people like you try to paint large numbers of people who happen to share the same faith with a broad brush because you don't have the critical thinking skills to see reality.
    Islam is Inordinately Literalist, Intolerant (persecutes religious minorities, women, gays, other sects, and neighbors), and Violent. Many examples posted and scores more for I have posted for Years previously.
    Last edited by mbig; 01-20-13 at 09:44 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  7. #287
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: Dozens held after Islamists attack Algerian gas field!!!![W:280]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Not yet but when they, or those in the middle, start lying then perhaps the rules may change.


    Right, Cons never lie...


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #288
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: Dozens held after Islamists attack Algerian gas field!!!![W:280]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Oh damn, I didn't realize that by saying that a few radical muslims doesn't make all muslims radical, I became a leftist. That's all I've said in this thread, and I've been attacked for it every step of the way.

    You dared disagree. So he lashed out with the worst insult he could think of.

    Partisan tools are so much fun to poke.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #289
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Dozens held after Islamists attack Algerian gas field!!!![W:280]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    You dared disagree. So he lashed out with the worst insult he could think of.

    Partisan tools are so much fun to poke.
    I really fail to see how the post he quoted from me, or any post I have made in this thread, is attacking him. Also, I sourced my argument with data that actually supports my assertions, as opposed to empty accusations of bigotry.

    I am also very comfortable with you disagreeing with me and telling me why I am wrong. But so far the only response I have seen is people simply ignoring the data and accusing people of bigotry

  10. #290
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Dozens held after Islamists attack Algerian gas field!!!![W:280]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    20% of the world population is Muslim...1.5 billion or so. If they were all radicals who would rather strap a bomb to themselves and blow themselves up in the middle of the town square we'd have probably noticed by now. But that doesn't happen and the reason it doesn't happen is, like I said, because hardly any Muslims are suicidal jihadi's. The ones that are make a lot of noise but to condemn all the practitioners of a given theology because some miniscule number of screwballs have latched on to the faith as a justification for their homicidal desires is ridiculously twisted.
    I use radical/extremest to describe someone like the taliban who rides around happy beheading random strangers. I agree this guy represents a minority, but I've seen figures indicating that such individuals can make up 20+ % of the individuals in places like Pakistan. So they are hardly insignificant

    I use fundamentalist to describe someone who advocates actual laws, and their enforcement, of things like executing people for infidelity, rape, and apostasy. So while it's a rather a perverted form of law and order, it doesn't have the revolution zeal and ordered chaos of groups like the Taliban.

    And as you can see from the poll I posted earlier, the later is in no way insignificant and might even represent a majority in the islamic world. Though it is clear that in places like Egypt and Pakistan, they represent almost the entirety of the Islamic population

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •