Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 682

Thread: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to cla

  1. #651
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,575

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Again, NOT innocent. She still lied to get the job and to keep it. She still did the choke porn. I know, YOU think it doesn't matter, shouldn't matter. But you're wrong, it does. Every state has a morals clause for teachers. Students who are becoming teachers know this. I know that for a fact. SHE knew it, it's why she lied and left it off her application.

    And no, this is not the time to bring up your debunked bit about lawn mowing.
    Why not? How is my lawn mowing scenario any different? I leave that off my applications, and it's not lying. Do you have evidence that she was asked if she was a pornstar or that the morals clause said she could have never been a pornstar in her life?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  2. #652
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I stated my opinion and I'll state it one more time (since you guys are BORDERLINE personally attacking me - why I have no idea) and then I'm out of this thread. But anyhow I don't think it is appropriate for former or current sex industry workers to work so closely with impressionable children. Whether or not the parents are good parents or bad parents is besides the point. If the parents are not there to supervise and the children are online watching their teacher's "performances" it is NOT the fault of the child. I believe that schools should ALWAYS put the best interests of the students (ALL students - even neglected ones) before the best interests of the teachers or any staff/faculty members. That is just my opinion. It is nothing personal. Of course, nobody has to like it, and there is nothing I can do about that.
    I'm not attacking you, I just kindly believe your concerns are misguided. My dissent is not an act of "hate" - I have a "logical" position on an issue and I'm posting here to articulate what I believe.

    I suppose we all have our opinions and that is great - It's what makes the United States a free country (unless Obama has his imperial say)

    Dissent and logical compromise built this nation of freedom.

  3. #653
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Why not? How is my lawn mowing scenario any different? I leave that off my applications, and it's not lying. Do you have evidence that she was asked if she was a pornstar or that the morals clause said she could have never been a pornstar in her life?
    As explained to you, your lawn mowing is not material to the position. The application asks for previous employment, and yes the morals clause for California has been posted. Whether her actions fit in it is entirely up to the school board, the courts and the community.

  4. #654
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,575

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    As explained to you, your lawn mowing is not material to the position. The application asks for previous employment, and yes the morals clause for California has been posted. Whether her actions fit in it is entirely up to the school board, the courts and the community.
    Considering she won't be ****ing on film in front of her students, I don't see how her experience as a porn star could be material either, just as I won't be mowing laws for an engineering firm. I don't remember seeing anything procluding used-to-be pornstars in the morals clause. Most of it actually seemed pretty ambiguous to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #655
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Considering she won't be ****ing on film in front of her students, I don't see how her experience as a porn star could be material either, just as I won't be mowing laws for an engineering firm. I don't remember seeing anything procluding used-to-be pornstars in the morals clause. Most of it actually seemed pretty ambiguous to me.
    Again, doesn't matter what you see or don't see. Her past as a porn star is material to her [then prospective] employment because, with teaching, there is a morals clause. She knew that going in, that's why she didn't put it in her application. And again, I'll repeat:

    Whether her actions fit in it [the morals clause] is entirely up to the school board, the courts and the community.

  6. #656
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,575

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Again, doesn't matter what you see or don't see. Her past as a porn star is material to her [then prospective] employment because, with teaching, there is a morals clause. She knew that going in, that's why she didn't put it in her application. And again, I'll repeat:

    Whether her actions fit in it [the morals clause] is entirely up to the school board, the courts and the community.
    The morals clause can essentially summed up as: "You can't do anything non-becoming of a teacher", which isn't retroactive. That's the entire basis of your "she's a liar" statement, and it's rather weak.

    If 10 years ago I had fallen on hard times and was sucking dick in alleyways for crack money, would I be a liar if I didn't put that on my resumee while applying to be a teacher or any other job?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #657
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The morals clause can essentially summed up as: "You can't do anything non-becoming of a teacher", which isn't retroactive. That's the entire basis of your "she's a liar" statement, and it's rather weak.

    If 10 years ago I had fallen on hard times and was sucking dick in alleyways for crack money, would I be a liar if I didn't put that on my resumee while applying to be a teacher or any other job?
    The answer in this context is yes (for teaching only, many other jobs don't have a morals clause). You'd be omitting a material fact, that if later discovered would in all liklihood mean you would be fired.

  8. #658
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,575

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The answer in this context is yes (for teaching only, many other jobs don't have a morals clause). You'd be omitting a material fact, that if later discovered would in all liklihood mean you would be fired.
    Can we see the teacher's morals clause again? I'd like to see the part about retroactivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #659
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,575

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The answer in this context is yes (for teaching only, many other jobs don't have a morals clause). You'd be omitting a material fact, that if later discovered would in all liklihood mean you would be fired.
    From what I can tell, this is it:

    CALIFORNIA: Permanent teachers may be dismissed for immoral or unprofessional conduct, dishonesty, incompetence, evident unfitness for service, a physical or mental condition unfitting for a teacher to instruct or associate with children, persistent violation of school laws or regulations, conviction of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude, or alcoholism or drug abuse rendering teacher unfit for service. Teacher's certificate may be revoked or suspended on the same grounds as those for dismissal or suspension.
    I don't see anything in there about retroactivity, so I don't see how she could've lied.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #660
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Can we see the teacher's morals clause again? I'd like to see the part about retroactivity.
    It's linked way back in the thread, already had to do OJ's homework for him, YOU look back for it. There's a whole deal about morals clauses in general and how they are applied legally as well as breakdown by state.

    I knew about the morals clause in California because I went to college there to become a teacher. This isn't some secret info they sprung on her. She knew going in this would be a problem. Again, that's why she hid the info (guilty mind).

    You know, you keep arguing as if her firing is still in question - it's not. She was fired and for this, just as others have been for similar stuff before her. You don't see the CTA running to her defense, because even the CTA is just fine with this firing.
    Last edited by clownboy; 01-21-13 at 03:23 PM.

Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •