Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 682

Thread: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to cla

  1. #421
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So all the evidence you have that supports your position is speculation about how these kids will act? And that's why you're debating so passionately that this person should've been fired?
    Yes, speculation based on my extensive time in similar institutions. I use similar to predict that the sun will rise tomorrow, as well

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Do you think we should remove the kids being bullied because they're disrupting class by being bullied? You don't think we should discipline the bullies instead?
    you have this unflinching need to invent arguments and try to vilify and attack your opponent over them. To say it is tedious would be an understatement. But no, again, what I am saying is the bullying would be widespread and pervasive. Secondly, as I already said, the teacher doesn't have some legal right to be a teacher, so I fail to see why the school should need to go to great lengths to deal with the skeletons in her past

    None of that asserts that we shouldn't punish bullies




    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I didn't like them either, but the words I specifically used were I DID NOT RESPECT THEM. Don't try to reform my words to fit yours.
    how that makes any relevant difference here is beyond me, but ok ...





    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    If by explaining you mean by saying "it will". Still not seeing any evidence or case studies to back up your claims.
    I'm speaking from experience, which is a valid form of evidence.


    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yes, I got suspended from home school for not standing for the texas pledge. Jesus, I didn't think it was possible but your responses are getting worse.
    you made yourself a target by being the odd man out. See flash mobs for an extreme example of numbers overwhelming normal controls



    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Then I guess they shouldn't even try. We'll remove anyone who is bullied. If a gay teacher is harassed for being gay, we should fire his ass right? I mean, it's not like we can discipline the kids. It's his choice to be gay, and most of the parents find that offensive, so **** him right?
    gay=/= making commercial porn

  2. #422
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    1) Child molesters are criminals, so that was a ridiculous comparison. She has committed no crime.
    it wasn't a comparison, it was a demonstration to show that discrimination isn't automatically bad like you claimed


    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    2) Yes, you're arguing, using definite words like 'impossible', yet have provided nothing more than speculation about the actions of teenagers, with zero evidence or case studies.
    I'm not sure what your complaint is and doubt that we have access to much research on adolescent responses to teachers being porn stars. hence me citing my personal experience over an extended length of time






    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Your arguments have been entirely based on how the kids will harass the teacher. So how would the school disctrict stop harassment of a gay or muslim teacher? How is that any different at all? I would argue that for a long time, and possibly even today, being gay is even more controversial. Perhaps you haven't seen the massive battle over gay rights that has been going on.
    I'm not seeing how doing commercial porn, that is distributed to the public, is comparable to the sexual orientation someone expresses behind closed doors. the two are completely different in nature and your argument is based on the faulty assumption that all forms of discrimination are the same

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Being a christian, in porn, gay, a muslim, are all the same.
    no, they really are not

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    They are all people who are legally exercising their individual liberties. If a few of us decided to make our own religion, Pornology, where our god requires us to star in porn at some point during our lives, it then becomes our religion. At that point would you stop discriminating?
    Again, some guy can exercise his right to free speech and talk about how all the black babies need to be shipped to Antarctica. And even though he might maintain the proper demeanor in class, his public activity would still undermine his ability to teach (this exact case played out not too long ago)

  3. #423
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,572

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    it wasn't a comparison, it was a demonstration to show that discrimination isn't automatically bad like you claimed




    I'm not sure what your complaint is and doubt that we have access to much research on adolescent responses to teachers being porn stars. hence me citing my personal experience over an extended length of time








    I'm not seeing how doing commercial porn, that is distributed to the public, is comparable to the sexual orientation someone expresses behind closed doors. the two are completely different in nature and your argument is based on the faulty assumption that all forms of discrimination are the same



    no, they really are not



    Again, some guy can exercise his right to free speech and talk about how all the black babies need to be shipped to Antarctica. And even though he might maintain the proper demeanor in class, his public activity would still undermine his ability to teach (this exact case played out not too long ago)
    Good, then you've ignored the question yet again. The entirety of your argument can be summed up by "The learning environment will be destroyed because kids will make fun of the teacher and have no respect for her, and there's nothing we can do about it." Yet I presented you with a scenario where the same thing might come up, and you can't explain to me how it would be HANDLED differently. Forget for a second that you don't see gay, muslim, porn star, or whatever the same. The effects on the CLASS would be the same as you described.

    If it's really impossible to stop these things, then we should fire any gay or muslim teacher who is made fun of or not respected.

    I'll even bold it for you: How would this situation be handled if the teacher were gay or muslim, and the kids made fun of the teacher and didn't respect him.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #424
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Good, then you've ignored the question yet again.
    what question did I ignore?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The entirety of your argument can be summed up by "The learning environment will be destroyed because kids will make fun of the teacher and have no respect for her, and there's nothing we can do about it."
    Nope, I said that it would take large amounts of effort and resources to deal with it (see my comments about suspending the entire 8th grade)

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yet I presented you with a scenario where the same thing might come up, and you can't explain to me how it would be HANDLED differently.
    sure I did, I pointed to the things causing the controversy being different. It's like asking what is the difference between political speech and just some guy yelling at random people on the street corner

    [QUOTE=RabidAlpaca;1061365397]Forget for a second that you don't see gay, muslim, porn star, or whatever the same. The effects on the CLASS would be the same as you described. [QUOTE=RabidAlpaca;1061365397]

    you're making another straw man argument. My argument was that it would be widespread and pervasive, which would require many resources to address. I don't think those resources should be leveraged to coddle the guy that got an embarrassing tattoo on his face, or the pornstar turned teacher.

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    If it's really impossible to stop these things, then we should fire any gay or muslim teacher who is made fun of or not respected.

    I'll even bold it for you: How would this situation be handled if the teacher were gay or muslim, and the kids made fun of the teacher and didn't respect him.
    1) difficult is not the same as impossible. Unless students had access to footage of the gay teacher and muslim getting plowed I doubt the responce from students, teachers, and parents would be the same. But if it was, the nature of the thing causing the controversy is different

  5. #425
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,572

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    what question did I ignore?



    Nope, I said that it would take large amounts of effort and resources to deal with it (see my comments about suspending the entire 8th grade)



    sure I did, I pointed to the things causing the controversy being different. It's like asking what is the difference between political speech and just some guy yelling at random people on the street corner

    Forget for a second that you don't see gay, muslim, porn star, or whatever the same. The effects on the CLASS would be the same as you described.

    you're making another straw man argument. My argument was that it would be widespread and pervasive, which would require many resources to address. I don't think those resources should be leveraged to coddle the guy that got an embarrassing tattoo on his face, or the pornstar turned teacher.



    1) difficult is not the same as impossible. Unless students had access to footage of the gay teacher and muslim getting plowed I doubt the responce from students, teachers, and parents would be the same. But if it was, the nature of the thing causing the controversy is different
    Ok, so you have no solution for what to do if the kids were harassing the teacher for being gay or muslim. You've refused again to answer what would be done if the kids are harassing a teacher.

    I had a solution for both: discipline the kids and teach them that we live in a tolerant society.

    I can see we're not going to get any farther on this. I will continue to believe that discrimination is wrong, and you will continue to make up arguments, yet fail to back them up.

    So I guess we're done here.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #426
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,538

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    It's one thing to argue theoretical situations and completely something else to deal with reality.

    Taller people should not have advantages over shorter people.
    Thinner people should not have advantages over fatter people.
    Beautiful people should not have advantages over "not-so-beautiful" people.

    What should happen, and what does happen are two different things.

    From what I've seen of this lady's "work" on the internet I feel confident that the school made the correct decision.

    I'd rather error on the conservative side for the sake of the kids than error on the other side just for one woman.
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

    It's possible some other school, having seen all this commotion, will offer this lady a job. This might work out in her favor.
    At least now the truth is out there.

  7. #427
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,572

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    It's one thing to argue theoretical situations and completely something else to deal with reality.

    Taller people should not have advantages over shorter people.
    Thinner people should not have advantages over fatter people.
    Beautiful people should not have advantages over "not-so-beautiful" people.

    What should happen, and what does happen are two different things.

    From what I've seen of this lady's "work" on the internet I feel confident that the school made the correct decision.

    I'd rather error on the conservative side for the sake of the kids than error on the other side just for one woman.
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

    It's possible some other school, having seen all this commotion, will offer this lady a job. This might work out in her favor.
    At least now the truth is out there.
    So let's deal with the reality. A lot of people here have said that it would cause unrepairable damage to the classroom if kids were harassing the teacher. (not sure if you have) If you agree with that, how would it be any different if the teacher were being harassed for being gay or muslim? What solutions to the problem would change? They obviously wouldn't fire the person, so they'd have to actually deal with the disciplinary issues.

    Can you admit that the primary reason the school leadership did this was almost certainly so that they didn't have to deal with the flak from the parents?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #428
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Ok, so you have no solution for what to do if the kids were harassing the teacher for being gay or muslim. You've refused again to answer what would be done if the kids are harassing a teacher.
    I just addressed it.

    I had a solution for both: discipline the kids and teach them that we live in a tolerant society.
    You seem to think all discrimination is bad despite the fact that I keep demonstrating it isn't. In fact, I'm sure the next time you go out to dinner you will discriminate against bad chefs.

  9. #429
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,572

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I just addressed it.



    You seem to think all discrimination is bad despite the fact that I keep demonstrating it isn't. In fact, I'm sure the next time you go out to dinner you will discriminate against bad chefs.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) difficult is not the same as impossible. Unless students had access to footage of the gay teacher and muslim getting plowed I doubt the responce from students, teachers, and parents would be the same. But if it was, the nature of the thing causing the controversy is different
    Does not answer HOW it would be fixed, you just went off again saying gay is different.

    So let me know when you're ready to answer the question. Until then, it's impossible to debate with someone who after asked a question 3 times redirects it and avoids answering it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #430
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So let's deal with the reality. A lot of people here have said that it would cause unrepairable damage to the classroom if kids were harassing the teacher. (not sure if you have) If you agree with that, how would it be any different if the teacher were being harassed for being gay or muslim?
    One, being gay or muslim isn't the same as making commercial porn for public consumption. Hence, responding to the possible rigors of employing such a person would demand a different response.

    like I said, this is ore akin to getting a tattoo on the face

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Can you admit that the primary reason the school leadership did this was almost certainly so that they didn't have to deal with the flak from the parents?
    dude, as people have explained it would likely be an ongoing issue every year. I doubt the response to a muslim, or even a gay person, would be similar to a porn star. If it was, clearly there is a more reasonable demand to attempt to better control the issue, with the added man power and resources it would require, for something with more social value than a porn career or a ****ty face tattoo.

    Again, the entire nature of the two are totally different

    PS are we really arguing "pornstar as oppressed class of people" now?

Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •