Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 682

Thread: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to cla

  1. #401
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Sigh? Thats it? That was the other main reason that people wanted her gone...including the judges. What he said is valid. Plenty of children have teachers that they don't respect. Yet those teachers still get the job done. How? If not having any respect from her students is enough to get this teacher fired then why is it that those other teachers don't get fired?
    look, if you think student will have the same response to a teacher they don't like, and a pornstar teacher, I honestly don't know what to tell you. But this line of thinking honestly boggles my mind

  2. #402
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I never made this argument. My argument concerned the disruption to class due to the scandalous nature of the thing and the propensity of 14 year old children to act up ...



    sigh...
    Yep, watching porn outside of class will cause them to disrupt class. And if they disrupt class, we should fire the teacher instead of disciplining them. Smart.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    sorry, thought this was a response to a different post: Note I do not claim that viewing porn (what is with this need to try and keep casting my arguments as against porn?) will prevent you from getting an education, disrepect women, or cause your life to crumble. What I argued is that the ability to see their teacher, at some point, getting gang banged and cum bathed for money will make it impossible for her to establish authority and respect in the classroom.

    Note, this has nothing to do with merely viewing porn, but concerns her direct activity in making commercial porn
    And I've stated that I still managed to learn from teachers that I had absolutely no respect for. And no, it's not impossible to respect someone who's been in porn.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) why would they need to watch porn in school? 2) schools are controlled chaos. Thinking that you will be able to control the response to a teacher being a porn star, and that it would quickly subside goes against the entirety of my experience growing up 3) I imagine the level of harassment, horseplay, etc between a teacher that no one likes, and the "porn teacher" would be quite different in degree
    1) they don't, because they can't, so her porn videos can't disrupt class
    2) It doesn't matter what the kids giggle about in the hallways and after school, what matters is what goes on in the classroom. If a child is disrupting class by disrespecting a teacher, for any reason, that child is removed. At least that was my experience growing up.
    3) Harassment is illegal, and punishment is quick to be handed out. I once got suspended for not standing for the texas pledge. I can guarantee you if you suspend a few kids for teasing the teacher, the rest of them will keep their mouths shut on the subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    look, if you think student will have the same response to a teacher they don't like, and a pornstar teacher, I honestly don't know what to tell you. But this line of thinking honestly boggles my mind
    The response will be different, but the outcome can be controlled with disciplinary action, just like it is for EVERYTHING else. You can't do **** in school anymore without getting slapped with a suspension. Why you think harassing a teacher would be any different honestly boggles my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #403
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    look, if you think student will have the same response to a teacher they don't like, and a pornstar teacher, I honestly don't know what to tell you. But this line of thinking honestly boggles my mind
    So you can't actually answer the question. Just like you couldn't answer the question about distractions. I've got a feeling that the only reason that you don't want the teacher to teach is because she did porn. All other excuses like "she will have no respect" or "it will be a disruption" are just smoke screens. You just simply don't like the fact that she did porn.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #404
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So you can't actually answer the question. Just like you couldn't answer the question about distractions. I've got a feeling that the only reason that you don't want the teacher to teach is because she did porn. All other excuses like "she will have no respect" or "it will be a disruption" are just smoke screens. You just simply don't like the fact that she did porn.
    Not one of these "traditional america" whackos will admit the plain and honest truth: The school leadership didn't have the balls to stand up for what was right. They were going to get flak from the "traditional 'merica, this is a christian country, jesus doesn't approve" parents, so they tried to save their own asses by just firing her.

    Discrimination is discrimination.

    I'm sure most of them would want gay teachers fired too, but won't say it out loud because it's not politically correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #405
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yep, watching porn outside of class will cause them to disrupt class. And if they disrupt class, we should fire the teacher instead of disciplining them. Smart.
    Again, I never said that. I said specifically being able to view their teacher in porn will undermine her ability to establish authority and respect in the classroom. Secondly, while people disrupting a class under such circumstances, I wager it would be wide spread (see the various bullying cases to make the news and largely addressable.


    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    And I've stated that I still managed to learn from teachers that I had absolutely no respect for. And no, it's not impossible to respect someone who's been in porn.
    regular teachers you did not like, that represents a large degree of difference to the porn teacher.

    -never said it was impossible to respect people who were in porn, just unlikely, especially when concerning a bunch of 14 year olds



    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    1) they don't, because they can't, so her porn videos can't disrupt class
    I just explained this
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    2) It doesn't matter what the kids giggle about in the hallways and after school, what matters is what goes on in the classroom. If a child is disrupting class by disrespecting a teacher, for any reason, that child is removed. At least that was my experience growing up.
    were you home schooled? Teachers get overwhelmed by problematic classes all the time

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    3) Harassment is illegal, and punishment is quick to be handed out. I once got suspended for not standing for the texas pledge. I can guarantee you if you suspend a few kids for teasing the teacher, the rest of them will keep their mouths shut on the subject.
    we covered harassment just the other day and how the expectations in a school are not the same as a professional work environment. If you think they would be able to catch and punish all incidents of such, especially when in all likelihood it would be pervasive and wide spread, then I think you are extremely naive


    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The response will be different, but the outcome can be controlled with disciplinary action, just like it is for EVERYTHING else. You can't do **** in school anymore without getting slapped with a suspension. Why you think harassing a teacher would be any different honestly boggles my mind.
    because it assumes that all such behavior would be caught and disciplined, and not the giant, year long, pile on that it most likely would be.

  6. #406
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So you can't actually answer the question. Just like you couldn't answer the question about distractions. I've got a feeling that the only reason that you don't want the teacher to teach is because she did porn. All other excuses like "she will have no respect" or "it will be a disruption" are just smoke screens. You just simply don't like the fact that she did porn.
    Yes, all those answers I have already posted multiple times, in response to the same questions (one just posted a page back) don't exist and my only beef here is that I don't like porn, even though I have no discernible issue with it and even watch it on occasion

    you got me, Sherlock ...

  7. #407
    Elitist as Hell.
    Einzige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-29-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    More dumbass fearmongering from the Jayzus crowd. Really, isn't that expected by now?
    I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
    - Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right, 1890

  8. #408
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Again, I never said that. I said specifically being able to view their teacher in porn will undermine her ability to establish authority and respect in the classroom. Secondly, while people disrupting a class under such circumstances, I wager it would be wide spread (see the various bullying cases to make the news and largely addressable.
    So all the evidence you have that supports your position is speculation about how these kids will act? And that's why you're debating so passionately that this person should've been fired?

    Do you think we should remove the kids being bullied because they're disrupting class by being bullied? You don't think we should discipline the bullies instead?



    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    regular teachers you did not like, that represents a large degree of difference to the porn teacher.

    -never said it was impossible to respect people who were in porn, just unlikely, especially when concerning a bunch of 14 year olds
    I didn't like them either, but the words I specifically used were I DID NOT RESPECT THEM. Don't try to reform my words to fit yours.




    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I just explained this
    If by explaining you mean by saying "it will". Still not seeing any evidence or case studies to back up your claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    were you home schooled? Teachers get overwhelmed by problematic classes all the time
    Yes, I got suspended from home school for not standing for the texas pledge. Jesus, I didn't think it was possible but your responses are getting worse.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    we covered harassment just the other day and how the expectations in a school are not the same as a professional work environment. If you think they would be able to catch and punish all incidents of such, especially when in all likelihood it would be pervasive and wide spread, then I think you are extremely naive
    because it assumes that all such behavior would be caught and disciplined, and not the giant, year long, pile on that it most likely would be.
    Then I guess they shouldn't even try. We'll remove anyone who is bullied. If a gay teacher is harassed for being gay, we should fire his ass right? I mean, it's not like we can discipline the kids. It's his choice to be gay, and most of the parents find that offensive, so **** him right?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #409
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Yes, all those answers I have already posted multiple times, in response to the same questions (one just posted a page back) don't exist and my only beef here is that I don't like porn, even though I have no discernible issue with it and even watch it on occasion

    you got me, Sherlock ...
    No you didn't answer. All that you did was say "if you think that it won't be a disruption then I don't know what to tell you" or "its a strawman". Those are not answers to those questions. Those are avoiding answers to those questions.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #410
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Rhake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Not one of these "traditional america" whackos will admit the plain and honest truth: The school leadership didn't have the balls to stand up for what was right. They were going to get flak from the "traditional 'merica, this is a christian country, jesus doesn't approve" parents, so they tried to save their own asses by just firing her.

    Discrimination is discrimination.

    I'm sure most of them would want gay teachers fired too, but won't say it out loud because it's not politically correct.
    Dude, I spent most of the 90's organizing and promoting illegal raves; spent nearly that amount of time hitching, back packing, and cycling through the US, asia, and europe, and I'm an atheist. So I am about as far removed from "traditional" american values as you can get, and am still baffled by this need to reduce every argument here into some anti-porn rant.

    PS no, discriminating against a financial adviser who can't make money isn't the same as discriminating against one for being black.

Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •