Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 682

Thread: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to cla

  1. #351
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    There is no one "crying for her dismissal". She has already been dismissed. The only people crying are the ones who find themselves trying, in vain, to gloss over the fact that putting porn stars in the classroom is an inherently bad idea.
    Before she was dismissed there were parents crying for it. Don't pretend otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    And her subsequent dismissal was equally legal, like it or not.
    Personally I never said otherwise. But it is still a crappy thing to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    The disruption argument is totally valid. Minimizing the truth does not help anyone.
    No it is semi-valid. Don't over blow things into a "crisis"...we get enough of that from our politicians. The reason that it is only semi-valid is that the kids would get over it fairly quickly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Straw man numbers 1, 2, and 3 right there. The issue has nothing to do with celebrities. We're talking about whether or not a former porn star should be allowed to teach a class of 12 year olds. Anything else is just a diversion and a direct avoidance of dealing with the situation as it is.
    An anology is not a strawman. Would there or would there not be distractions caused by a former athlete teaching? Say Michael Jordan? Or what about if Robert Pattenson decided to teach? Should they not be allowed to teach because of the distraction that they would cause?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    OR... you could say that the "omission" is proof positive that the teacher herself knows full well that a person with a porn past has no business teaching 12 year olds. If that wasn't the case, why not be upfront about it?
    Yes the teacher did know how it would be recieved. She said that when she said that she was afraid to mention it because of that. That is a valid excuse to not mention it. Hell it was perfectly acceptable to lie in the military with the DADT and before that gays never mentioned it to prospective employers for the same reason. And it is quite obvious that the teachers fears were valid since she was fired for being in a porn movie...not for the omission or the lie.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #352
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    Looking forward to somebody addressing this question.
    I'm not sure ****ing on camera, and having such videos easily accessible to her students, is really similar to what someone does behind closed doors.

    that tattoo analogy still fits. Alsom, I fail to see how people are over looking how this will impact her in class performance, because kids, other professionals, and parents aren't going to likely respect someone they can watch do ATM for a few hundred bucks. Which is the liability I mentioned earlier.


    And while the school can go through onerous means to deal with these issues, I'm not seeing the merit in doing so for someone who did porn. If there was some social value to what she was doing, like taking a political or humanistic position, then sure. But churning out crappy internet porn does nothing to raise to that level and the school has every right and need to maintain standards of reasonable morality

  3. #353
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    I seriously doubt ANY of the adults crying for her dismissal have led perfectly "pure" lives.
    No one claimed they have, and no one has claimed she has no right to move beyond her past in the pron industry. What was asserted is that is her goal, she should likely choose another profession, because her past has reasonably undermined her ability to perform her job.

  4. #354
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    So its ok with you to.discriminate against people over legal activity.
    Yes, if someone was known as a white supremist (totally legal) and regularly went on the internet to talk about the evil niggers and kikes (totally legal), while still maintaining the proper attitudes towards his students, I am sure you would have no issue with the guy being fired . Because, despite his proper behavior in the CR, he would still undermine his ability to teach

    Discrimination isn't a bad thing if it's based on reasonable metrics. In fact, I'm sure you do it all the time, just not based on completely arbitrary qualities like skin color and sexual orientation

    What we do and how those acts affect other things can hardly be called arbritrary
    Last edited by Dr. Chuckles; 01-17-13 at 07:51 PM.

  5. #355
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Unless the application clearly states a requirement to disclose every single job the applicant ever held, including temp and contract work outside their field, there was no lying involved in applying for the job.

    Lying to avoid discrimination or oppression is morally acceptable. For example a gay person denying being gay when such an admission would get them fired is not immoral.

    Re hate groups: A person who espouse a viewpoint that indicates that they would not be able to treat the students equally can be reasonably prevented from teaching. A person with a past, or a person with an unconventional sex life, does not hold views that indicates that they would not be a good and fair teacher. Someone who quit the hate group and no longer advocates discrimination should be allowed to teach unless there is evidence of discrimination.
    the judges seem to have concluded that she acted deceptively in trying to hide her past in porn. I haven't read the ruling, so cannot say what that was based on. But I have a feeling they were more familiar with the case than both of us

  6. #356
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,705
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Before she was dismissed there were parents crying for it. Don't pretend otherwise.
    And if my kid went to that school I would have been right there demanding her dismissal, too. Who's pretending?



    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Personally I never said otherwise. But it is still a crappy thing to do.
    Responsible thing to do. Not crappy.



    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    No it is semi-valid. Don't over blow things into a "crisis"...we get enough of that from our politicians. The reason that it is only semi-valid is that the kids would get over it fairly quickly.
    What planet do you live on? This woman's past would hang over that school like a thick fog for as long as she taught there. No matter how many classes she taught, no matter how many years she spent teaching, once that cat got out of the bag she would forever be known as the porn star in room 105.




    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    An anology is not a strawman. Would there or would there not be distractions caused by a former athlete teaching? Say Michael Jordan? Or what about if Robert Pattenson decided to teach? Should they not be allowed to teach because of the distraction that they would cause?
    It is in this case. We are talking about whether or not a porn star should be allowed to teach 12 year olds. Any reference other than to another porn star is a straw man.



    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Yes the teacher did know how it would be recieved. She said that when she said that she was afraid to mention it because of that. That is a valid excuse to not mention it. Hell it was perfectly acceptable to lie in the military with the DADT and before that gays never mentioned it to prospective employers for the same reason. And it is quite obvious that the teachers fears were valid since she was fired for being in a porn movie...not for the omission or the lie.
    Could you possibly understate that any more? Her screen name was Tiffany Six. Google her. All her students most certainly have by now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  7. #357
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Sorry, but that is supposed to be used if the teacher is CURRENTLY a porn storn, not for former things in her past. Tell me, if you found out an 80 year old teacher was a prostitute when she was 18 would you dismiss the teacher then? NO.
    if she was just a prostitute the issue would have never existed, and the nature of the incident and the fact that it is easily accessible over the internet was even stressed in the ruling. So the fact that her videos are easily found, watched, and distributed on the internet makes the time table irrelevent

  8. #358
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Not listing it in her work experience isn't dishonest. I don't write that I mowed lawns one summer on my job resumee.

    Here's a list from your link:

    Immoral conduct or indecent behavior
    INCOMPETENCY
    Violations of ethical standards
    Unprofessional conduct
    Misrepresentation or FRAUD
    Willful neglect of duty

    None of which she did as a teacher, at all.
    on one of her videos she mentions being a teacher at the beginning, if I remember correctly

  9. #359
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    What planet do you live on? This woman's past would hang over that school like a thick fog for as long as she taught there. No matter how many classes she taught, no matter how many years she spent teaching, once that cat got out of the bag she would forever be known as the porn star in room 105
    Yeah, I totally fail to see the reasoning behind these claims, because not only would she need to deal with new students every year, it goes completely against what I saw in primary school.

  10. #360
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: 't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    All this talk about disruption in the classroom, completeness of the job application and dishonesty are all smokescreens. The fact is that a lot of people dislike porn performers and consider their work immoral (even though they are happy to consume it) and that is enough for them to ruin their careers. A large portion of these same people would have done the same thing to an openly gay person twenty years ago for the same reasons and using the same excuses.

Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •