Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 682

Thread: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to cla

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    I agree with most of what Tess wrote. I don't know if I would fire her, but I think her reputation among her students is ruined and that they would not take her seriously as their teacher (at least some wouldn't anyway). I would hate to have to fire her though.

  2. #222
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I agree with most of what Tess wrote. I don't know if I would fire her, but I think her reputation among her students is ruined and that they would not take her seriously as their teacher (at least some wouldn't anyway). I would hate to have to fire her though.
    Again, she lied to get the job. There are plenty of very good teachers waiting in the wings for the opportunity to teach. Folks that will not lie to get the job. Why not let them have a crack at it?

  3. #223
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Teachers with comb-overs should be fired also. And gays, Muslims, Scientologists, Mormons, Atheists, they can all create a distraction.
    Yes, let us act as if the severity of the response from her students would be the same as the old guy with a ****ty hair cut. Not that I haven't already addressed this a half dozen times

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Again, she lied to get the job. There are plenty of very good teachers waiting in the wings for the opportunity to teach. Folks that will not lie to get the job. Why not let them have a crack at it?
    Well I didn't know that. If that's the case, that would be the reason for ME firing her, because she lied on her resume. And, did she really lie, or did she just leave it out?

  5. #225
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Juake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    who has endorsed children being disrespectful to their piers or adults? What people are doing is pointing out that the mentality of 14 is conductive to such behavior, and that her past career choices will act like a lightening rod fr poor behavior, on top of what already goes on.
    And do you see anyone here denying the mentality of a 14 year old here? If they misbehave then punish them. You punish the people that do wrong, not the people that don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Why would any employer chose to put themselves under such additional strain when there are plenty of other teachers out there
    Umm...because its the RIGHT thing to do? See thats the problem with many people these days. They would rather pass the buck than simply do the right thing if that right thing is just a little bit hard.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If you fill out your job application the way you say you do, I am amazed you would even be hired. Employers are interested in your time line. Leaving out five years' experience because it's not relevant would get you thrown out of my office. That's the reference you don't want me to check...you know, the one where you stole out of other employees' lockers and were fired. Or, perhaps you laid around like a sloth for five years while your wife was supporting the household. Or, perhaps you were in jail. If that omission works for you? Fine. It doesn't work for 99% of employers in the world . . . unless you're driving a cab.
    I work in a field that is hard to get work in, especially at a living wage, because of its popularity. Many people in my field are forced by circumstances to take a job in another field until they can get back into it. When we see someone with a hole in their resume we assume that they were just working in something outside of the field, or they went back to school or worked at home to raise a child.

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Teachers with comb-overs should be fired also. And gays, Muslims, Scientologists, Mormons, Atheists, they can all create a distraction.
    This doesn't even make sense. The children wouldn't be looking for pictures of any of the above online naked and probably having sexual fantasies about teacher. That would tend to make learning and listening to the teacher a little more difficulty, don't you think?

    I'm not even expecting a reply from this poster. Probably one of those fly-by-night posters.

  8. #228
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one is endorsing them "getting away with it", but pointing out in a chaotic school atmosphere many will
    If "many" will then those people should not be in charge. Put someone in charge that won't let "many" get away with it. People with backbones and the ability to tell right from wrong and stick to it instead of cowering.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #229
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well I didn't know that. If that's the case, that would be the reason for ME firing her, because she lied on her resume. And, did she really lie, or did she just leave it out?
    I read where she lied several times under oath but can't find that link now. Here is what I could find:

    Halas should have disclosed her past when she applied to work at the district, said Tom DeLapp, a spokesman for the school district.

    "She repeatedly and consciously had a pattern of lies and cover-ups when asked about it by her employers," DeLapp said. "She would say 'I didn’t do it' or would create other lies to try and minimize the damage."
    Source

  10. #230
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    I work in a field that is hard to get work in, especially at a living wage, because of its popularity. Many people in my field are forced by circumstances to take a job in another field until they can get back into it. When we see someone with a hole in their resume we assume that they were just working in something outside of the field, or they went back to school or worked at home to raise a child.
    That's funny, I've known quite a few HR folks. They don't assume - they ASK (because it's their butt on the line if they don't). And a five year hole is a big red flag.

Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •