Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 682

Thread: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to cla

  1. #181
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    There's probably a reason they don't ask porn stars to Career Day. But, hey, maybe in your family, a porn star is an acceptable role model. ??

    Edit: If you took that as a slight insult? You made my point.
    No percieved insult here. Porn stars make more money than I do and I have no problem with it.

    In anycase...I'm sure that they wouldn't ask a person that was in prison to career day either. Yet there are many individuals that take on literal jobs as role models.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #182
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,650

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Fact is, we live in a secular republic. The law protects everyone equally (or is at least designed to), and the state doesn't represent a religion.
    You do live in a secular republic, but its social constructs govern living reality. If a teacher is constantly held to a higher social standard by a given society, it would make sense that the individual's cultural mores would have to be more or less strictly observed, unless granted explicit permission or protections, because it erodes the necessary authoritarian measures of teaching.

    It's fascinating that you're still stuck on this portion of it.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #183
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,705
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I see no problem with a former porn star teaching a class of 12 year olds.

    Let's sum up the arguments that have been presented:

    - It was disrupting class
    *So if anything disrupts class, even at no fault of the teacher, the teacher should be fired? What if it was the teacher's twin? How would this change anything?
    - It doesn't fit the parents' moral code
    *So if anything disrupts the parents' morale code, even at no fault of the teacher, the teacher should be fired? What if the teacher was muslim and the parents hated that? How would this change anything?
    1. It is doing far more than "disrupting class". It renders the teacher completely incapable of achieving the level of respect from her students necessary to effectively teach them. By using your tactics, I guess I could now claim that you think pornography is a respectable career choice that our children should aspire to?

    2. It doesn't fit the parents moral code because responsible parents recognize that exposing children to pornography is not a good thing and having their children taught by a porn star does just that. It exposes their kids to pornography in a way that would not have otherwise happened.

    The muslim straw man wouldn't apply here because you are trying to equate the desire to shield children from pornography with bigotry. By this line of reasoning can I now determine that you think muslims and porn stars are one and the same?



    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yep, they're usually the ones attacking people for not fitting their moral code or jesus standards, even if they have nothing to do with the law. Fact is, we live in a secular republic. The law protects everyone equally (or is at least designed to), and the state doesn't represent a religion.
    I think it is worth pointing out that, in this case, it is you who is attacking them... unprovoked, I might add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Judgesporn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Think about it. You're a smart guy and I'm sure it will come to you. (and I'm being serious and in no way facitious or anything else)
    A second-class citizen is a person who is systematically discriminated against within a state or other political jurisdiction, despite their nominal status as a citizen or legal resident there. While not necessarily slaves, outlaws or criminals, second-class citizens have limited legal rights, civil rights and economic opportunities, and are often subject to mistreatment or neglect at the hands of their putative superiors.
    I don't get how that applies. What am I missing?

  5. #185
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I'm so torn on this. I fully believe people should be allowed to redeem themselves. There are civilized countries in which former porn stars served or currently serve as members of government. Sex is a natural biological process. Etc., etc., etc. And unless her videos included dangerous, illegal, or disturbing sexual acts, the only difference between her and her former colleagues is her profiting from her sexual activities.

    That said, middle school students are profoundly immature in a broad sense. Her ability to educate them without distraction is severely damaged, and the quality of the education they received would likely decline. While I question the parental involvement of children who accessed pornography at the ages of 12-14, I realize the open nature of today's internet makes it significantly harder to block such exposure.

    So in short, I don't know. If I were her boss and I found it impossible to overcome the situation I think I'd be inclined to do whatever was in my power to help her move on and into employment she could maintain long term. It doesn't seem to me that this woman deserves to be punished, or to suffer, simply because she participated legally in an industry that is heavily monitored and regulated in California.
    I should clarify: by "redeem herself" I meant in light of the charges that she was dishonest in her application, not because she was in porn.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #186
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,317

    Re: Judgesporn past, must not return to cla

    I don't think she should have been fired, but understand her effectiveness as a teacher has been diminished.
    I suspect she made several mistakes along the way, using her real name in the film would be first.
    If she did not use her real name, she should have pulled a lance Armstrong, Deny, Deny, Deny.
    She could have said her doppelganger is a tramp, and quite a bit more flexible.
    Moving forward, she can change her appearance, her name, and tweak her history.
    If the matter comes up again, Deny, Deny. Deny..
    This strategy may be less effective now that she has sued her employer.

  7. #187
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,506

    Re: Judgesporn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    I don't think she should have been fired, but understand her effectiveness as a teacher has been diminished.
    I suspect she made several mistakes along the way, using her real name in the film would be first.
    If she did not use her real name, she should have pulled a lance Armstrong, Deny, Deny, Deny.
    She could have said her doppelganger is a tramp, and quite a bit more flexible.
    Moving forward, she can change her appearance, her name, and tweak her history.
    If the matter comes up again, Deny, Deny. Deny..
    This strategy may be less effective now that she has sued her employer.
    Or - she could be completely forthcoming on her future job applications and let the chips fall where they may.

    A highly progressive private school might hire her.

    Who knows. Colleges and adult ed programs might hire her.

    If you get a large swastika tattooed in the middle of your forehead - don't complain when you have trouble finding a "good" job.

    Part of life is knowing that life is not always fair. Sometimes, the things you've done in the past can come back to haunt you.

    Being a modern-era porn star AND wanting to teach adolescent boys in a classroom isn't going to be an easy road to travel.

  8. #188
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    *sigh* We've tumbled down the rabbit hole so far that we've argued the definition of sexual harassment for pages now. You still haven't given any reason how a teacher who used to be a porn star would ruin someone's education.
    Oh come on, once you rent yourself out you can never be sexually harassed ... right?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #189
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    1. It is doing far more than "disrupting class". It renders the teacher completely incapable of achieving the level of respect from her students necessary to effectively teach them. By using your tactics, I guess I could now claim that you think pornography is a respectable career choice that our children should aspire to?
    If a teacher worked at McDonalds for a few months prior to becoming a teacher, should we fire her for not being a good role model? I think being a science teacher was a very respectable job, which she was competantly performing until she was fired.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    2. It doesn't fit the parents moral code because responsible parents recognize that exposing children to pornography is not a good thing and having their children taught by a porn star does just that. It exposes their kids to pornography in a way that would not have otherwise happened.
    She didn't expose the kids to pornography. They decided to look it up themselves. Parent failure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    The muslim straw man wouldn't apply here because you are trying to equate the desire to shield children from pornography with bigotry. By this line of reasoning can I now determine that you think muslims and porn stars are one and the same?
    Yes, I think everybody is the same. That's the different between you and me, I don't file people into subclass citizen categories.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    I think it is worth pointing out that, in this case, it is you who is attacking them... unprovoked, I might add.
    When they try to manipulate our society to discriminate against those that don't practice their religion, I have no choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I should clarify: by "redeem herself" I meant in light of the charges that she was dishonest in her application, not because she was in porn.
    Omitting a job isn't being dishonest. I once mowed lawns all summer, I don't put that on my resumee.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #190
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,131

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    You're really going to compare Service Members to a glorified hooker?
    i am comparing someone who killed others with someone who ****ed others on video in an attempt to assess whose actions should be found more problematic for a prospective teacher position
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •