Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 682

Thread: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to cla

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Judgesporn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Being fired for something that happened years ago and has no relevency to the current job position is treating that person like a 2nd class citizen.
    I don't see how that makes any sense.

  2. #172
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I have a very extended employment history covering roughly 30 different jobs. Should I have to remember each and every single one of them along with the supervisors name, company address, phone number (which may not even be valid anymore mind you) exactly how much I got paid starting AND ending? What my positions were and exactly what I did in each of those positions?

    Of course not. I typically only put the employment history that is relevent to the job that I am applying for. And that is all that should matter. Any other extra work that I have done that is not relevent to that job is irrelevent. That is not lying in any sense of the word. That is just using common sense and protecting your privacy. It is no different to me than an employer requiring that you give them your password to Facebook so that they can spy on what you are doing.
    If you fill out your job application the way you say you do, I am amazed you would even be hired. Employers are interested in your time line. Leaving out five years' experience because it's not relevant would get you thrown out of my office. That's the reference you don't want me to check...you know, the one where you stole out of other employees' lockers and were fired. Or, perhaps you laid around like a sloth for five years while your wife was supporting the household. Or, perhaps you were in jail. If that omission works for you? Fine. It doesn't work for 99% of employers in the world . . . unless you're driving a cab.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #173
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Teachers are meant to be respected. We have enough trouble with that right now. Their character, to their charges, should be above reproach. That's just the fackjack. She's an attractive nuisance. A distraction. A terrible role model. I could go on.
    How is she a terrible role model? Just because she did a porn movie? Pfft. I can think of many other people that have done far worse and ARE considered role models for kids.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #174
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,495

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    When students (children/boys/adolescent males) know you've done what most would consider pretty hard core porn, it BECOMES relevant to your ability to do your job.

    How can people not see this?

    Go watch a little of her work. It's free to see some of it.

    Then tell me that wouldn't be a problem in a middle school.

  5. #175
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    How is she a terrible role model? Just because she did a porn movie? Pfft. I can think of many other people that have done far worse and ARE considered role models for kids.
    There's probably a reason they don't ask porn stars to Career Day. But, hey, maybe in your family, a porn star is an acceptable role model. ??

    Edit: If you took that as a slight insult? You made my point.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #176
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yes, that female veteran
    someone who killed enemy combatants
    is she exempt from teaching because she has killed others in the past
    or is killing another acceptable whereas porn acting must be found intolerable
    You're really going to compare Service Members to a glorified hooker?
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  7. #177
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If you fill out your job application the way you say you do, I am amazed you would even be hired. Employers are interested in your time line. Leaving out five years' experience because it's not relevant would get you thrown out of my office. That's the reference you don't want me to check...you know, the one where you stole out of other employees' lockers and were fired. Or, perhaps you laid around like a sloth for five years while your wife was supporting the household. Or, perhaps you were in jail. If that omission works for you? Fine. It doesn't work for 99% of employers in the world . . . unless you're driving a cab.
    I've filled out my applications like that and I still get jobs. And I am fully up front about gaps in that history when asked. And yes, there were 6 years in which I did not work and my wife did. I seem to recall you stating once that a stay at home dad was not a bad thing? Now its "sloth"? Hmm...And I also fill out that little section on every application that asks if you've been committed of any felony crime with a "Yes". I am more likely not to get the job because of that "Yes" than of my work history. And I've asked each and every employer that turned me down why they didn't hire me so I know this for a fact.

    And most employers I know don't care about time line near as much as they care about experiance in the field you are applying for.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #178
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    When students (children/boys/adolescent males) know you've done what most would consider pretty hard core porn, it BECOMES relevant to your ability to do your job.

    How can people not see this?

    Go watch a little of her work. It's free to see some of it.

    Then tell me that wouldn't be a problem in a middle school.
    It wouldn't after the first few kids got disciplined properly. Why are people insisting on punishing the victim of bullying and not the bullies themselves?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #179
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Judgesporn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I don't see how that makes any sense.
    Think about it. You're a smart guy and I'm sure it will come to you. (and I'm being serious and in no way facitious or anything else)
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #180
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    When students (children/boys/adolescent males) know you've done what most would consider pretty hard core porn, it BECOMES relevant to your ability to do your job.

    How can people not see this?

    Go watch a little of her work. It's free to see some of it.

    Then tell me that wouldn't be a problem in a middle school.
    Just saw it. It's not THAT hardcore. But regardless, middle school boys are going to watch porn. Watching porn of this lady in particular isn't going to ruin their education.

    Even if I did think it did violate my morality, I don't go around trying to fire people for legal, non-violent things they did in the past.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If you fill out your job application the way you say you do, I am amazed you would even be hired. Employers are interested in your time line. Leaving out five years' experience because it's not relevant would get you thrown out of my office. That's the reference you don't want me to check...you know, the one where you stole out of other employees' lockers and were fired. Or, perhaps you laid around like a sloth for five years while your wife was supporting the household. Or, perhaps you were in jail. If that omission works for you? Fine. It doesn't work for 99% of employers in the world . . . unless you're driving a cab.
    Man, anyone who stays home for a few years is a sloth? You must think stay at home mothers are horrible pieces of ****, huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    You're really going to compare Service Members to a glorified hooker?
    The premise is identical. You're firing someone for not fitting your moral code.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •