Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 682

Thread: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to cla

  1. #151
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judgesporn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    There are all types of legal behaviors that have clear social repercussions. This is hardly anything new
    But she has suffered an ACTUAL repercussion. She has been harmed.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  2. #152
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,646

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    She's not there to teach the kids morality, she's teaching science. Not a single word about her private life is spoken. It's the job of the parents to be the role model and teach morality.
    Unless you have been reared in the prospect of being a school teacher, you have no idea what you're talking about. Any teacher candidate should have experienced a dramatic amount of instruction on the requirements of role-modeling and societal responsibilities. They aren't clocking in and clocking out-they are pillars of society and are held to that standard. We were told over and over again that many teachers drive to a neighboring small town to have a drink to avoid students or their families in a bar and grill. That's what they do.

    Even if you complain about it being unfair, that's exactly what it is, and nothing you think against it or say against it will change that fact.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #153
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,705
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So instead of explaining it, you're going to state again that it's because of common sense, and human nature? At least you've admitted that it has nothing to do with her quality as a teacher. So explain to me again, how does it ruin the kids education?


    That's all young boys are ever thinking about. I know I had a raging boner sitting through half of my classes at that age.
    It has been explained many times already by me and others... but I'll try one more time.

    I don't know what subject this woman teaches but for the purposes of discussion, let's say she teaches math.

    ...It's the first day of class and all the kids take their seats and notice that their new teacher is smokin' hot. That evening little Johny gets word that his new math teacher was cranking out porn some years ago. Little Johny googles her and finds a plethora of porn footage which he IMMEDIATELY shares with all of his friends via social media. The next day the whole freaking school is in an uproar and the new math teacher is bombarded with loud whistles and lewd gestures as she walks down the hall. Kids being kids, this bombardment doesn't subside and at a certain point the other faculty begin to catch on and the next thing you know parents begin calling because Mrs. Smith found porn on little Johny's I-Pad and her neighbor told her that the woman in the video was really the new math teacher!

    Meanwhile, the new teacher is trying to conduct class but can't seem to get the students to focus because the boys keep chirping out sexual innuendos every time she turns her back and of course this causes the entire class to giggle because they are all "in the know". It finally gets to the point where the new teacher has successfully read through the lines and is horrified because she now knows that the kids are on to her!



    The above scenario is only the beginning, too. It gets worse from there. Out of control kids, fanatical parents, outraged community leaders... it's a disaster waiting to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  4. #154
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Judgesporn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    But she has suffered an ACTUAL repercussion. She has been harmed.

    I'm not sure there is an actual distinction there.

  5. #155
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,646

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    It has been explained many times already by me and others... but I'll try one more time.

    I don't know what subject this woman teaches but for the purposes of discussion, let's say she teaches math.

    ...It's the first day of class and all the kids take their seats and notice that their new teacher is smokin' hot. That evening little Johny gets word that his new math teacher was cranking out porn some years ago. Little Johny googles her and finds a plethora of porn footage which he IMMEDIATELY shares with all of his friends via social media. The next day the whole freaking school is in an uproar and the new math teacher is bombarded with loud whistles and lewd gestures as she walks down the hall. Kids being kids, this bombardment doesn't subside and at a certain point the other faculty begin to catch on and the next thing you know parents begin calling because Mrs. Smith found porn on little Johny's I-Pad and her neighbor told her that the woman in the video was really the new math teacher!

    Meanwhile, the new teacher is trying to conduct class but can't seem to get the students to focus because the boys keep chirping out sexual innuendos every time she turns her back and of course this causes the entire class to giggle because they are all "in the know". It finally gets to the point where the new teacher has successfully read through the lines and is horrified because she now knows that the kids are on to her!



    The above scenario is only the beginning, too. It gets worse from there. Out of control kids, fanatical parents, outraged community leaders... it's a disaster waiting to happen.
    I had students try to find pictures of me on the internet (you know, one student starts, then another student notices and tries to as well, then another....) while they were supposed to be researching Roman bath houses and the social purposes they served. They would have only found some volunteer work and advocacy groups I had been involved in, perhaps a photo from a deleted Myspace account years ago, but the curiosity of students can just expand dramatically and become one heck of a pedagogical nightmare. If it were something more scandalous, other than my disability and the work I do, it would come to haunt me incredibly quick.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 01-16-13 at 03:29 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  6. #156
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Unless you have been reared in the prospect of being a school teacher, you have no idea what you're talking about. Any teacher candidate should have experienced a dramatic amount of instruction on the requirements of role-modeling and societal responsibilities. They aren't clocking in and clocking out-they are pillars of society and are held to that standard. We were told over and over again that many teachers drive to a neighboring small town to have a drink to avoid students or their families in a bar and grill. That's what they do.

    Even if you complain about it being unfair, that's exactly what it is, and nothing you think against it or say against it will change that fact.
    I'm arguing against the idea that by having a LEGAL job 7 years prior to her being a teacher, she somehow isn't a role model for kids. Just because the christian right hates porn, doesn't mean that she should be fired from her job.

    If the large majority of the local parents thought that a muslim can't be a role model for their children, should the muslim be fired from his teaching position?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    It has been explained many times already by me and others... but I'll try one more time.

    I don't know what subject this woman teaches but for the purposes of discussion, let's say she teaches math.

    ...It's the first day of class and all the kids take their seats and notice that their new teacher is smokin' hot. That evening little Johny gets word that his new math teacher was cranking out porn some years ago. Little Johny googles her and finds a plethora of porn footage which he IMMEDIATELY shares with all of his friends via social media. The next day the whole freaking school is in an uproar and the new math teacher is bombarded with loud whistles and lewd gestures as she walks down the hall. Kids being kids, this bombardment doesn't subside and at a certain point the other faculty begin to catch on and the next thing you know parents begin calling because Mrs. Smith found porn on little Johny's I-Pad and her neighbor told her that the woman in the video was really the new math teacher!

    Meanwhile, the new teacher is trying to conduct class but can't seem to get the students to focus because the boys keep chirping out sexual innuendos every time she turns her back and of course this causes the entire class to giggle because they are all "in the know". It finally gets to the point where the new teacher has successfully read through the lines and is horrified because she now knows that the kids are on to her!



    The above scenario is only the beginning, too. It gets worse from there. Out of control kids, fanatical parents, outraged community leaders... it's a disaster waiting to happen.
    I see, so it's the teacher's fault that the kids were googling porn and not the parents'? If the teacher is feeling threatened by her students, she can send the ones responsible to the principle. If I were her I would quit, but that's her decision, not yours. How is this any different than if her twin had done the porn instead of her?

    Your argument is attempting to state that middle school students wouldn't be looking at porn if their teacher hadn't spurred them onto it by having done it before.

    It's really just about the christians in this country want to enforce their jesus morality on others. She did nothing wrong, and if they can't control their own kids, that's hardly her problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #157
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,646

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I'm arguing against the idea that by having a LEGAL job 7 years prior to her being a teacher, she somehow isn't a role model for kids. Just because the christian right hates porn, doesn't mean that she should be fired from her job.

    If the large majority of the local parents thought that a muslim can't be a role model for their children, should the muslim be fired from his teaching position?
    Then teaching isn't your field, nor something you can really have much useful to say. It's a pedagogical nightmare, a social problem, a political problem, and will cost you your job. One of those three is bad enough, but the reality is it jeopardizes your relationship with the students entirely. I already said it is a social construction, but it is a social construction with large and sharp teeth behind it. If you want to rail against the tyranny of social values and social constructs, you should do it elsewhere.

    It's really just about the christians in this country want to enforce their jesus morality on others. She did nothing wrong, and if they can't control their own kids, that's hardly her problem.
    Controlling the kids in her classroom is her problem. All teachers know that.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #158
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Then teaching isn't your field, nor something you can really have much useful to say. It's a pedagogical nightmare, a social problem, a political problem, and will cost you your job. One of those three is bad enough, but the reality is it jeopardizes your relationship with the students entirely.



    Controlling the kids in her classroom is her problem. All teachers know that.
    You still didn't explain to me how this would be any different if the parents didn't want a muslim teacher because it didn't fit their moral code. What if they were mocking him in class for it? He should be fired because he's a disruption and a political nightmare, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #159
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,646

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    You still didn't explain to me how this would be any different if the parents didn't want a muslim teacher because it didn't fit their moral code. What if they were mocking him in class for it? He should be fired because he's a disruption and a political nightmare, right?
    Depends on what is considered a protected class. Pornographers and porno actors are not. End of story.

    I don't need to explain how it is different if I had already addressed the problem behind the one you bothered to dig up.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #160
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Depends on what is considered a protected class. Pornographers and porno actors are not. End of story.
    Good, so the only difference is that one is a protected class and one is not. It has nothing to do with interrupting learning, what the parents care about, or harming the children. All three of those things would be tolerated if she was in a protected class. Glad we got to the root of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •