Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 682

Thread: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to cla

  1. #131
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Maybe I am wrong, but I can't think of one instance of hearing about a sexual harassment case being leveled at a student, especially by a teacher. To me, the reason for this seems obvious, that they are two completely different environments, involving two very disparate groups
    *sigh* We've tumbled down the rabbit hole so far that we've argued the definition of sexual harassment for pages now. You still haven't given any reason how a teacher who used to be a porn star would ruin someone's education.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So? Isn't that up to management to deal with?
    And management usually does deal with it, by warning or firing that person.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Maybe I am wrong, but I can't think of one instance of hearing about a sexual harassment case being leveled at a student, especially by a teacher. To me, the reason for this seems obvious, that they are two completely different environments, involving two very disparate groups
    The reason you don't hear about it, is it usually is handled in-house with the student receiving punishment of some sort from the school.

  3. #133
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    She's not a porn star, she's a former pornstar, and I don't see why that makes her incapable of doing her job, which is teaching 12 year olds.
    You don't see it because you are ignoring reality, common sense, and most importantly, human nature. Her aptitude as a teacher has nothing to do with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Do you think she's going to start teaching the kids sex moves in class?
    No, but I'm willing to bet that those "sex moves" are all the kids are going to be thinking about and talking to each other about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  4. #134
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Clearly, the little bastards would talk about it non-stop for a week, but then they'd get over it.
    lol, are you kidding me? My seventh grade english teacher was harassed about his comb over until he retired. As people have pointed out, it was part of campus lore that kids were introduced to every year. And kids being assholes at that age, and stuck in a classroom, never let up about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    You're acting like they're going to lose a year of their lives because they saw a female who used to be in porn. These same kids are jerking it to porn non-stop in their rooms at home.
    nothing I wrote can be construed as having a negative attitude towards porn. The issue that I have outlined clearly concerns how kids will react to it and how they will tease, disrespect, and dismiss her.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Wrong.

    What we're debating is a ridiculous straw man injected into the discussion by those who find themselves in the uncomfortable position of having to defend an indefensible position. "Porn stars shouldn't be teaching 12 year olds." I can make that statement and sleep well at night.

    "I don't see a problem with porn stars teaching 12 year olds." Good luck with that one....

    I guess you didn't catch the key phrase of "Former" porn-star did you? She is not actively a porn star.

  6. #136
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The reason you don't hear about it, is it usually is handled in-house with the student receiving punishment of some sort from the school.
    lol, so as I just stated, the environment and expectations are completely different.

    Thank you professor

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    nothing I wrote can be construed as having a negative attitude towards porn. The issue that I have outlined clearly concerns how kids will react to it and how they will tease, disrespect, and dismiss her.

    And that should be HER decision to leave if she doesn't want to deal with the so called teasing.

  8. #138
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    You still haven't given any reason how a teacher who used to be a porn star would ruin someone's education.
    Teachers are meant to be respected. We have enough trouble with that right now. Their character, to their charges, should be above reproach. That's just the fackjack. She's an attractive nuisance. A distraction. A terrible role model. I could go on.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #139
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I guess you didn't catch the key phrase of "Former" porn-star did you? She is not actively a porn star.
    I'll disagree with that, too.

    "The internet is forever". Wise words, and words that all should consider before embarking on controversial endeavors. As it relates to this particular case... once a porn star, ALWAYS a porn star. Like it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  10. #140
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ren't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    *sigh* We've tumbled down the rabbit hole so far that we've argued the definition of sexual harassment for pages now. You still haven't given any reason how a teacher who used to be a porn star would ruin someone's education.
    I'm not sure you making an absurd claim, and me pointing out that it is absurd, rises to the level of "debate". But yes, I have been outlining the reasons it would be problematic for a few pages now.



    And management usually does deal with it, by warning or firing that person.[/QUOTE]

Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •