Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 682

Thread: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to cla

  1. #91
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Judn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    she is teaching kids

    the class room is not a porno studio

    the atmosphere is that of a teacher teaching her students

    if only the judgmental in her community would allow it
    I didn't assume it was a porno studio. What I assumed was that she would be the "porn teacher" and be totally disrespected by the kids she would be trying to educate.

    But I'm just going off my experiance as a kid.

  2. #92
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    This has nothing to do with "society." This is about a school district deciding to fire a woman who lied by omission on her employment application. I think, in any other area except working with young people, society has already stopped sneering at professionals (or anyone else) who has a, shall we say, colorful past.
    Please don't reframe the question, just answer it -- how long?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #93
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    I disagree. They would NEVER get over it. The real world situation in that classroom would be that the students were being taught by a porn star and no matter what the subject of learning, what they would take away from the class is... it was taught by a porn star. And guess what? Even if, by the end of six months or so, the kids finally did calm down a little bit and were actually able to concentrate on the subject matter instead of what their teacher could do to their.... well, you get the point, there will be a whole new class of kids to deal with the following year and it's right back to square one!

    There is no way in hell I, as a parent, would put my kid in that environment.
    TacticalEvilDan has brought up the best point. Would you have just as much of a problem with a teacher that looked like a famous pornstar? What about if a kid in school photoshopped a teacher's face onto porn, and spread it all over school and that was everything anybody was talking about? What real difference does it make if she were in a porn, or if they just thought she was?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #94
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    TacticalEvilDan has brought up the best point. Would you have just as much of a problem with a teacher that looked like a famous pornstar? What about if a kid in school photoshopped a teacher's face onto porn, and spread it all over school and that was everything anybody was talking about? What real difference does it make if she were in a porn, or if they just thought she was?
    That's the question nobody can seem to answer.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #95
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Judges sa porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    TacticalEvilDan has brought up the best point. Would you have just as much of a problem with a teacher that looked like a famous pornstar? What about if a kid in school photoshopped a teacher's face onto porn, and spread it all over school and that was everything anybody was talking about? What real difference does it make if she were in a porn, or if they just thought she was?
    Again, what is the difference between something happening and people merely thinking it happened? It changes all manner of metrics, least of all how you can address the issue. In one scenerio your extremely limited because that was her

    PS and this was already addressed by dragonfly

  6. #96
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Please don't reframe the question, just answer it -- how long?
    Why do you think I know the answer to that question? I have no idea. You? Apparently after six or seven years you can lie by omission. Don't know about others.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #97
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    This has nothing to do with "society." This is about a school district deciding to fire a woman who lied by omission on her employment application. I think, in any other area except working with young people, society has already stopped sneering at professionals (or anyone else) who has a, shall we say, colorful past.
    Was there a question on the admission application: "Have you ever worked in porn?" Otherwise, correct me if I'm wrong, omitting jobs on an application is not illegal. Pornstars also tend to work on a contractor style basis for single films. For instance, if I was paid $20 to mow somebody's lawn one weekend back in the 90's, should I have to list that on my job application?

    The real problem here is the completely ridiculous attitude of parents. They have no problem with their kids seeing a million murders a day on TV, but heaven forbid they see a pair of breasts. Even better, their kids didn't see any breasts in school, just a teacher trying to do her job.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Again, what is the difference between something happening and people merely thinking it happened? It changes all manner of metrics, least of all how you can address the issue. In one scenerio your extremely limited because that was her

    PS and this was already addressed by dragonfly
    All of the reasons I've seen so far is that it would be "a horrible distraction to the learning environment". The question still hasn't been answered, how would this distraction suddenly disappear if the woman's twin sister was in the porn?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #98
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Judges say Calif. middle school teacher can't shake porn past, must not return to

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Why do you think I know the answer to that question? I have no idea. You? Apparently after six or seven years you can lie by omission. Don't know about others.
    If she omits any job whatsoever, including her first job flipping burgers, is that a lie of omission?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #99
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Rer can't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    he real problem here is the completely ridiculous attitude of parents. They have no problem with their kids seeing a million murders a day on TV, but heaven forbid they see a pair of breasts. Even better, their kids didn't see any breasts in school, just a teacher trying to do her job.
    I think the kids are the supposed issue. I know while I was in school such a teacher would have been constantly harreassed and disrespected

  10. #100
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: Rer can't shake porn past, must not return to cla

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I think the kids are the supposed issue. I know while I was in school such a teacher would have been constantly harreassed and disrespected
    Then disciplinary action should be taken until it stopped. There are about a million gazillion things you can't do in school without getting your ass promptly suspended, trust me, I know. Why would harassment and disrespect to teachers be any different?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •