Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 119 of 119

Thread: Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds.....

  1. #111
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Actually, "permitted" may have been a less accurate choice of words on my part than "the authorities were not aggressive enough to effectively stop it"_

    Which could be construed as "permitted" if it was a conscious decision by those in charge_
    kind of like 'permitting' crime when we are not active enough to prevent it
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #112
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds.....

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    kind of like 'permitting' crime when we are not active enough to prevent it
    Not "prevent" a crime but actually stop a crime when it is being commited right in front of those whose job it is_

    Of course law enforcment officers must be trusted to use what ever force is necessary to accomplish this, limited only by their professional judgement with no personal biases, emotions or preconceived notions_

    I never intended to make the LA Riot a major issue__What happened, did you guys get tired of the OP subject?
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post


    As the Obama administration plots various assaults on gun rights by “executive order” and legislation, proposals described as “very extreme” even by some Democrats, state lawmakers in Wyoming have another idea. Republican legislators are rallying behind nullification legislation that would void unconstitutional infringements on the right to keep and bear arms, even providing prison time for any federal agents who may try to enforce Washington, D.C., gun control in the state. Lawmakers expect it to pass.

    The new bill, H.B. 0104 or the “Firearms Protection Act,” would nullify any new federal infringements on the constitutionally protected gun rights of state residents — who enjoy some of the lowest crime rates while being among the most heavily armed people in America. Unconstitutional federal gun registration schemes, as well as restrictions on semi-automatic guns or standard-capacity magazines, would also be nullified under the legislation.

    There are teeth in the proposed law too: Any federal official attempting to enforce unconstitutional statutes or decrees infringing on gun rights passed after January 1 of this year would be charged with a felony. If convicted, criminal officials would be punished by up to five years in state prison and a $5,000 fine. The legislation also authorizes the state attorney general to defend citizens of Wyoming if federal authorities seek prosecutions under unconstitutional gun control rules.


    Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds

    Alright Wyoming. They say the Fed tries and takes their Rights.....it will be a crime. Already they have Police Chiefs and Sherriffs are already working on Strategies to protect gun rights in their jurisdiction. They are wasting no time with this State Legislation.
    I love it! especially the part about arresting federal agents who try to infringe on the Second Amendment.

    Awesome... "Come here to take guns and your ass is in a jail cell."

    Good for Wyoming.

    What a lot of these urban progressive tyrants don't understand is that guns not only protect us from tyranny but also put food on the table in rural areas. What people don't understand is that 90% of the country is rural. People still live off the land in some places - It's 50 miles to the closest store and they go maybe once a month for supplies. Wyoming is certainly one of those states where people live that way.

    I'm glad predominately rural states are telling the city folk with their progressive ideas about gun bans to go f themselves.

  4. #114
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Not "prevent" a crime but actually stop a crime when it is being commited right in front of those whose job it is_

    Of course law enforcment officers must be trusted to use what ever force is necessary to accomplish this, limited only by their professional judgement with no personal biases, emotions or preconceived notions_

    I never intended to make the LA Riot a major issue__What happened, did you guys get tired of the OP subject?
    focusing on the absurdity of your statement that our government "permits" such crimes
    if i recall, you were the one who introduced the koreatown riots into this conversation
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #115
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I love it! especially the part about arresting federal agents who try to infringe on the Second Amendment.

    Awesome... "Come here to take guns and your ass is in a jail cell."

    Good for Wyoming.

    What a lot of these urban progressive tyrants don't understand is that guns not only protect us from tyranny but also put food on the table in rural areas. What people don't understand is that 90% of the country is rural. People still live off the land in some places - It's 50 miles to the closest store and they go maybe once a month for supplies. Wyoming is certainly one of those states where people live that way.

    I'm glad predominately rural states are telling the city folk with their progressive ideas about gun bans to go f themselves.
    Well said. Instead of harassing law abiding citizens with these nonsensical gun control proposals, why don't libs just cut to the chase and make murder illegal?
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Well said. Instead of harassing law abiding citizens with these nonsensical gun control proposals, why don't libs just cut to the chase and make murder illegal?
    Progressivism is a goofy ass philosophy.

    Attack the gangs? NOOOOO that would be "racist" no their solution is to attack law abiding citizens who harm no one.

    Teaching kids they're all #1 and the second they realize they're not or are teased they go steal guns and shoot the school up because they can't deal with the fact they're not #1.

    Funny how I grew up perfectly fine, I got my fair share of crap but I never even thought about pulling a gun or even killing anyone. Sure I got into plenty of fights but that's where it ended. Ironically the guys that gave me the most crap turned out to be some of my best friends later in life. Now these days kids go shooting up schools just because their feelings get hurt and progressiveism is responsible for that.

    I don't see how a guy like me is responsible for some idiot across the country that shot a school up just because he was bullied, nor am I responsible for the idiot gangbanger that kills an innocent person to just show he/she is down for the gang, or the idiot who has an IQ of 75 and gets all frustrated over a meaningless argument and kills someone to prove something.

    Progressives are attacking the wrong crowed - they know this - they know it's their voting base that are committing all these gun crimes but they have no desire to stop them because that would prevent tragedies that could be exploited for personal gain.

    To a progressive when a gangbanger shoots another gangbanger on the West Side of Chicago it's not the gangbangers fault - no it's the legal gun owner living in Montana. Progressives are incapable of taking responsibility so they blame blame and blame.

    It's not my fault its your fault - it's not your fault it's my fault..

    Flippin insanity!

  7. #117
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Well said. Instead of harassing law abiding citizens with these nonsensical gun control proposals, why don't libs just cut to the chase and make murder illegal?
    Now there's a novel idea_

    I'm surprised I didn't think of it myself_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  8. #118
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Progressives are attacking the wrong crowed - they know this - they know it's their voting base that are committing all these gun crimes but they have no desire to stop them because that would prevent tragedies that could be exploited for personal gain.
    Agreed. Misdirected proposed solutions do seem to be the defining characteristic of the progressives. Their intellectual gyrations to avoid reality can be really awesome to watch, particularly if you are into slapstick humor.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wyoming Bill Would Nullify Obama Gun Control, Jail Feds.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Agreed. Misdirected proposed solutions do seem to be the defining characteristic of the progressives. Their intellectual gyrations to avoid reality can be really awesome to watch, particularly if you are into slapstick humor.
    It's amazing how people don't see it. Progressive policies are responsible for all of this mess and then they come swooping in with solutions that generally limit civil liberties and every progressive claps their hands because they get a free Obama phone or free lifestyle in general but don't see the simple fact that it was progressive policies that put them into a position to need a free Obama phone or a tax payer funded lifestyle.

    They create a mess just so they can come in and promise to clean it up - however they won't and don't.

    It's amazing how stupid the general public actually is.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •