Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 229

Thread: Obama chides GOP on debt limit: 'We are not a deadbeat nation'

  1. #131
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Obama chides GOP on debt limit: 'We are not a deadbeat nation'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Thanks for the list Dickieboy! Too bad if never even had enough support among the Republicans to be put up for a vote!
    Well technically it was written up but the various parts were referred to the various subcommittees...and apparently has died. To be sure collectively there is little chance the bill would pass the House and certainly not the Senate. Some are actually not bad ideas.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  2. #132
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama chides GOP on debt limit: 'We are not a deadbeat nation'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Well technically it was written up but the various parts were referred to the various subcommittees...and apparently has died. To be sure collectively there is little chance the bill would pass the House and certainly not the Senate. Some are actually not bad ideas.
    So are there actually any spending cuts that the Republicans have agreed on and put forward for a vote?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #133
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama chides GOP on debt limit: 'We are not a deadbeat nation'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Obama said he will not negotiate on the debt ceiling. He also talked about gun control, and more.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies… America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better." - then Senator Obama.

    So then he said raising it was a sign of leadership failure, a sign the fed's can't pay it's own bills. Yet now he says it MUST be raised to pay our bills...??

    I know the president can not reconcile this, what can his supporters come up with to excuse it away?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  4. #134
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama chides GOP on debt limit: 'We are not a deadbeat nation'

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies… America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better." - then Senator Obama.

    So then he said raising it was a sign of leadership failure, a sign the fed's can't pay it's own bills. Yet now he says it MUST be raised to pay our bills...??

    I know the president can not reconcile this, what can his supporters come up with to excuse it away?

    The US can pay its bills, this so called fiscal cliff was of our own creation. And by the way, economists know that you cut spending during boom times. I would not consider us to be in boom times! Cutting spending now would could throw us into another recession according to the non-partisan CBO.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #135
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,597

    Re: Obama chides GOP on debt limit: 'We are not a deadbeat nation'

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies… America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better." - then Senator Obama.

    So then he said raising it was a sign of leadership failure, a sign the fed's can't pay it's own bills. Yet now he says it MUST be raised to pay our bills...??

    I know the president can not reconcile this, what can his supporters come up with to excuse it away?
    His position, on this issue, has evolved. That was then, but this is now. Basically, any excuse is valid for a true Obamatron.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #136
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,597

    Re: Obama chides GOP on debt limit: 'We are not a deadbeat nation'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The US can pay its bills, this so called fiscal cliff was of our own creation. And by the way, economists know that you cut spending during boom times. I would not consider us to be in boom times! Cutting spending now would could throw us into another recession according to the non-partisan CBO.
    It was an Obama creation to pretend, pre-election, that he signed on to a "bipartisan" deficit reduction plan. Immediately, post election, the "cliff deal" was "no longer acceptable" and was "fundamentally transformed" into more borrow and spend as usual; after all, he then had a "mandate" to ignore current (but effective only after 1/1/2013) federal law. Of course, now Obama claims that "cliff deal" signed into law (by the tricky Obama himself) that would need far less of a "debt ceiling" increase is a mere thing of the past, a mere technicallity that he brushed away just as any need for a formal "budget". Obama is a slimy creature, but a master manipulator of the Obamatrons that worship his Santa Claus like qualites. Yes they can!
    Last edited by ttwtt78640; 01-15-13 at 01:30 AM.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Obama chides GOP on debt limit: 'We are not a deadbeat nation'

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Heavens no! He should get to spend at least as much as last year, after all this is America, we can surely afford to borrow/print another $1 trillion. America always pays its bills! Look at the last 4 years of $1 trillion deficts; you see, that is proof that America always pays its bills! That $16.4 trillion of national debt will be paid off in no time, just watch the next (first?) Obama "budget", that will surely make us all believe him. But, right now (until Obama is out of office), we just have to "bite the bullet" and borrow/print some more to spend on those bills that America has. Now is the time to "invest" since interest rates are nearly zero!
    No he should be allowed to double the debt and triple it like Bush 2 and Reagan and have the debt ceiling raised everytime without question like past administrations. This problem wasnt started in the last 4 years and your non-sence of blaming Obama is old. America knows he didnt create the mess. Plus the debt ceiling has nothing to do with future spending. Republicans have lied long enough about the debt ceiling and once again we have the teatards threating America like Al Queda and the Taliban.

  8. #138
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,597

    Re: Obama chides GOP on debt limit: 'We are not a deadbeat nation'

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    No he should be allowed to double the debt and triple it like Bush 2 and Reagan and have the debt ceiling raised everytime without question like past administrations. This problem wasnt started in the last 4 years and your non-sence of blaming Obama is old. America knows he didnt create the mess. Plus the debt ceiling has nothing to do with future spending. Republicans have lied long enough about the debt ceiling and once again we have the teatards threating America like Al Queda and the Taliban.
    Great logic there Skippy! The pre-election Obama, on 7/3/2008 said borrowing was evil and unAmerican when he opposed Bush deficits, yet now that is all OK since that fine American tradition must be not only preserved but pushed to new limits. Obama has already exceeded the added Bush natioanl debt amount, yet you see that as no problem, because it is your annointed Obama at the helm, not a nasty republicant like Reagan or Bush. Now, since Obama did not invent massive federal deficts, he is free to show us just how high he, the king and savior, can make them. He has Bush 43 beat already, in only half the time, he is histroric!
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Obama chides GOP on debt limit: 'We are not a deadbeat nation'

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Great logic there Skippy! The pre-election Obama, on 7/3/2008 said borrowing was evil and unAmerican when he opposed Bush deficits, yet now that is all OK since that fine American tradition must be not only preserved but pushed to new limits. Obama has already exceeded the added Bush natioanl debt amount, yet you see that as no problem, because it is your annointed Obama at the helm, not a nasty republicant like Reagan or Bush. Now, since Obama did not invent massive federal deficts, he is free to show us just how high he, the king and savior, can make them. He has Bush 43 beat already, in only half the time, he is histroric!

    I am just matching your logic am I not. You pretty much do not know how to add either. Lol Bush never put the Wars on the books! You claim Obama is so bad the biggest drivers of the debt are the Bush Tax cuts and the Wars. Plus Bush had a surplus when he came into office and the Republicans pretty much blew through that! So please spare me and the rest of the world the blame Obama bit.

  10. #140
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama chides GOP on debt limit: 'We are not a deadbeat nation'

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    It was an Obama creation to pretend, pre-election, that he signed on to a "bipartisan" deficit reduction plan. Immediately, post election, the "cliff deal" was "no longer acceptable" and was "fundamentally transformed" into more borrow and spend as usual; after all, he then had a "mandate" to ignore current (but effective only after 1/1/2013) federal law. Of course, now Obama claims that "cliff deal" signed into law (by the tricky Obama himself) that would need far less of a "debt ceiling" increase is a mere thing of the past, a mere technicallity that he brushed away just as any need for a formal "budget". Obama is a slimy creature, but a master manipulator of the Obamatrons that worship his Santa Claus like qualites. Yes they can!
    "Setting a looming deadline to avert self-created calamity has become a frequent device for the U.S. Congress to get things done in recent years. When all else fails, as it often does, it's supposed to frighten members into action.
    That was the idea when Congress created the "fiscal cliff" in August, 2011 to resolve a partisan struggle, also with a deadline and also self-created, over raising the federal debt ceiling.

    Catastrophic budget cuts, timed to coincide with the threat of hefty income tax increases, would finally produce big cuts in the soaring federal budget by Dec. 31, 2012, or else.
    It didn't work."

    The Fiscal Cliff: Congress Created Looming Deadline To Avert Collapse
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •