Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 44 of 44

Thread: US Government Tells Computer Users to DISABLE Java.....

  1. #41
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Government Says to Disable Java

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Err....Open steam, press "Steam" in the top left hand corner... and there is.. Backup and restore games. Connect a USB harddrive and back up to that... simple!
    Thanks, Pete. I will give it a shot when I decide to upgrade. We had a discussion earlier, on the merits of Windows 8, so when I do upgrade, I might do the 8. It's not so bad, now.

    I noticed you stated in an earlier post that Java is nonexistent in Windows 8. I searched on my new laptop, and no, it didn't find any Java, but I do hear that there is a new version of Java that will work on Desktop but not the Windows 8 Start menu.

  2. #42
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Government Says to Disable Java

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Thanks, Pete. I will give it a shot when I decide to upgrade. We had a discussion earlier, on the merits of Windows 8, so when I do upgrade, I might do the 8. It's not so bad, now.

    I noticed you stated in an earlier post that Java is nonexistent in Windows 8. I searched on my new laptop, and no, it didn't find any Java, but I do hear that there is a new version of Java that will work on Desktop but not the Windows 8 Start menu.
    Well what I meant is that I did not install it, because Chrome has a java engine built in.. I think.
    PeteEU

  3. #43
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Government Says to Disable Java

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Well what I meant is that I did not install it, because Chrome has a java engine built in.. I think.
    That explains why I didn't find it on my laptop, then.

    I got sick and tired of being badgered by Adobe Air to update with the newer version so I finally discovered what it's used for. Seems it's a development tool for HTML and the like. Well, I don't do that so I dumped it. No more nag screens. Things are looking better all the time.

  4. #44
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Government Says to Disable Java

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    That explains why I didn't find it on my laptop, then.

    I got sick and tired of being badgered by Adobe Air to update with the newer version so I finally discovered what it's used for. Seems it's a development tool for HTML and the like. Well, I don't do that so I dumped it. No more nag screens. Things are looking better all the time.
    Also the hole has now been plugged... time to go update your java people!
    PeteEU

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •