Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 280

Thread: Jerry Brown: California's deficit is gone

  1. #221
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,546

    Re: Jerry Brown: California's deficit is gone

    Just a wild bit of speculation you understand, but is it possible, just barely possible, that the party of the president isn't really related to the state of the economy in general? Could it be?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #222
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Jerry Brown: California's deficit is gone

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Those are only the top5.



    And government, in whatever order.
    You cant even get close and you're using a 10 year period to examine a 3 year period.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #223
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Jerry Brown: California's deficit is gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Uh...but California's fiscal year begins in July...I believe the article suggests that since the tax increases are retroactive AND there was a major increase in 4th quarter revenue the budget reflects an overly optimistic projections.

    Kinda also confused on the 'wingnut newsource'...CNBC, really?...OH I forgot the standard knee-jerk leftwing meme...ALWAYS attack the source...typical...
    The article doesn't suggest that because it would be wrong.

    And calculating revenue from past income isn't much of a porjection. It's a "calculation"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #224
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Jerry Brown: California's deficit is gone

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You cant even get close and you're using a 10 year period to examine a 3 year period.
    That's the only period we got, and it says that many or even most of the jobs were in government, luxuries, tech and housing. It's not like you've cited anything.

  5. #225
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Jerry Brown: California's deficit is gone

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That's the only period we got, and it says that many or even most of the jobs were in government, luxuries, tech and housing. It's not like you've cited anything.
    No, its not. BLS puts out annual stats.

    You're using a ten year period because your claim is BS

    And I don't have to cite anything. You made the claim, now back it up
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #226
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Jerry Brown: California's deficit is gone

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    No, its not. BLS puts out annual stats.

    You're using a ten yerar period because your claim is BS
    Produce counter stats, or accept that the bubbles began in (tech and building) manufacturing even before they fully appeared on Wall Street. Marking '97 as the beginning of the bubble says nothing of the already present momentum in those sectors that was created, to some extent, by government policy. Fruit (and bubble) does not appear magically, it came from somewhere.

  7. #227
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Jerry Brown: California's deficit is gone

    Look, sangha, you can continue to pretend that government policy had nothing to do with the bubbles. I can understand how your guy presiding over a bubble of Biblical proportion, and having power for the years running up to that bubble, is not something you're willing to discuss.

    The bottom line is, you can't divorce a monumental artifical market (and an expansion of government jobs) from jobs created.

    I don't get why sycophants must "win" on every single little detail ever, depite any cost in logic and reason.

  8. #228
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    09-07-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,037

    Re: Jerry Brown: California's deficit is gone

    Sangha, could you expound on your explanation of the 90s economic boom?

    I've seen reasonable responses in this thread that:

    A) the president doesn't create jobs and in fact has little to do with broader economic conditions (an understood truism among economists)

    B) The tech bubble (responsible for the record lows in unemployment) didn't magically appear in 1997, but rather built up throughout the 90s as firms gained understanding of the productivity gains possible due to emerging IT.

    I just want to know what you are arguing, because you seem to disagree with these premises.

    EDIT: And I completely disagree with ecofarm that government created the IT revolution. Bill Clinton didn't invent the internet. Perhaps gov policy contributed to the housing bubble, but that's another discussion.

  9. #229
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Jerry Brown: California's deficit is gone

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Produce counter stats, or accept that the bubbles began in (tech and building) manufacturing even before they fully appeared on Wall Street. Marking '97 as the beginning of the bubble says nothing of the already present momentum in those sectors that was created, to some extent, by government policy. Fruit (and bubble) does not appear magically, it came from somewhere.
    You're the one who made the claim, so you're the one who has o back it up

    The bubble began 1997. Before that, there was no momentum
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #230
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Jerry Brown: California's deficit is gone

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Look, sangha, you can continue to pretend that government policy had nothing to do with the bubbles. I can understand how your guy presiding over a bubble of Biblical proportion, and having power for the years running up to that bubble, is not something you're willing to discuss.

    The bottom line is, you can't divorce a monumental artifical market (and an expansion of government jobs) from jobs created.

    I don't get why sycophants must "win" on every single little detail ever, depite any cost in logic and reason.
    Now you've been reduced to just making stuff up. Your argument is so weak, you have to claim that I said something about govt policys effect on the econony, when all I did was refute the delusion that the 22m jobs created under Clinton were most due to the internet and real estate booms

    And the only "bubble of bibilical proportions' in recent times was the one under bush*
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •