Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 228

Thread: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxnews.

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Are you really saying the blacks liked sitting in the back of the bus?
    Today from what I observe in Los Angeles County, they do.

    What it comes down to, nobody likes being told what they can and can not do. That's what it's all about.

    And that's why I have a problem with liberals and those socialist who hide behind the liberal or progressive labels where they say, "Do as I say, not as I do."

  2. #42
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    What is immoral about it? Please let you bigorty shine! Do you not live in a country where all are created equal, and where the laws apply to everyone? Plus all people recieve those same rights? Or is it just those that believe what you believe.
    Look, I don't agree with the immorality angle any more than I believe gay marriage has **** all to do with equal rights. However, your argument depends upon a creator, do you really wish to travel that debate path?

  3. #43
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,203

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Why do you assume the majority of spouses in the Spouse clubs want them to "take a walk"?

    The only case that I know of that was an issue was at Ft. Bragg and that was because the by-laws required spouses to have Dependent ID cards and prior to the overturning of DOMA, same-sex spouses couldn't get ID cards. Now they can. Problem solved.


    >>>>
    My point is this is ALWAYS about what the minority wants... never about the opinion of the majority.

    These protected class/group laws are going to cause major issues in the future. It's happened elsewhere and it will happen here.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    So why don't the SS spouses 'take a walk'? Why make the majority bow to your whims?
    Because the SS spouses are part of the whole military family now. Why would you want to exclude military family? What you are wanting is the same as saying it's ok to have a white only club on base.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Wow, let us know when you're done with that elementary school education and we can begin discussing higher concepts with you.
    I concur.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    It is also immoral to murder, and that is the law as well, hmmmmmmm.
    My point being that just because something is what YOU consider immoral doesn't mean it should be excluded from the base. Immorality is not the reason something IS or is NOT allowed on a base.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Today from what I observe in Los Angeles County, they do.

    What it comes down to, nobody likes being told what they can and can not do. That's what it's all about.

    And that's why I have a problem with liberals and those socialist who hide behind the liberal or progressive labels where they say, "Do as I say, not as I do."
    So are you ok with a white only club on base? Because the military says you can't have that and BOTH conservatives and liberals agree with the military on that.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Marines Tell Spouses Clubs: Admit Same-Sex Spouses - ABC News







    back-up link: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses | Fox News

    more discrimination bites the dust, one step at a time equal rights is winning and will prevail.

    Good job Marines!
    That's called forcing people.

    That's called fascism and authoritarianism.....

    Yet you're bewildered that patriots like myself label people like you fascists, authoritarians or totalitarians -- yet you sit here proud of forcing people to do something they may not want to do????

    You do realize this is the equivalent of shoving homosexuality down peoples throats?

  9. #49
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,203

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Because the SS spouses are part of the whole military family now. Why would you want to exclude military family? What you are wanting is the same as saying it's ok to have a white only club on base.
    Leftists don't give a rat's ass about the military. (mostly hate them) so that won't fly. If it weren't for the weasels in the SCOTUS and the Gay lobby, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

    And NO it's not the same as racial equality.

  10. #50
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    My point being that just because something is what YOU consider immoral doesn't mean it should be excluded from the base. Immorality is not the reason something IS or is NOT allowed on a base.
    Agreed. Those decisions are made with political considerations in mind and an eye towards unit cohesion.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •