Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 228

Thread: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxnews.

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    "Ever" is a long time.

    But you may have missed this in my previous post: " On the other hand they may organize a BBQ at an individual home - which may be on base or off.

    The issue isn't about whether the club "ever" holds an event at a volunteers home, the issue is about commands providing official recognition and command sponsorship to a Spouse Club which excludes spouses.



    The "club" does not mandate that Family "A" or "B" MUST hold an even in a home. Nope not done. Someone, in such a situation, may volunteer to hold such an even. If another person doesn't want a homosexual to attend and event in their home, or a black, or a Jew - they just don't volunteer their home. If they don't want to participate in command spoored events at on-base location or at other homes - no one makes them attend, they are free no to show up.

    There is no "association in question", if you don't want to associate - don't go. Attendance is not mandatory, it's voluntary. If you don't want to join the club don't, people are free to start their own private clubs and invite whomever they wish, they just can't be command sponsored.



    I spent 20-years, 66 days, and about 16 hours on active duty before transferring to the Fleet Reserve, as someone that did join the military - You are not in a status where "you have no rights anymore".

    Your rights may be curtailed, for example, free speech that is prejudicial to good order and discipline may be restricted. You are free to go to a Klan rally if you want in civilian clothes, you can attend political fund raisers and events for candidates in civilian clothes. You can even speak at such events. You may not though wear your uniform at such events or project yourself as a member of the military or to be acting under military authority. Evey base I was ever stationed at, I could own firearms. When I lived in base housing I had to register them with security, when I lived in the barracks they were stored in the armory. If I had been arrested for a crime (which of course I wasn't) I still had a right to counsel, the right of non-incrimination, the right to a speedy trial, the right to a day in court, the right to question my accuser, and the right to challenge a conviction on appeal. Military courts are different then civilian courts, that does not mean that rights do not exist.

    Curtailed or function differently does not mean that you have no rights.


    >>>>
    CATCH-22 UCMJ Article 134.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) you are 100% correct, good thing we factually arent talking about my feelings
    2.) you are free to have this opinion but it doesnt mean anything to honest respected posters around here
    3.) aww poor baby well if you dont like the posts the solution is simply after you dry your eyes dont post in them or when you do plan on getting your posts destroyed like they all have in the past by many many many posters and facts.

    do you ever post anything but failed insults, lies, fantasy and strawmen? anything
    Yea all the "respected posters" around here like sodomy apparently and think it's cool. Want to grab a banana and teach it to our children.

    The Gay Thumpers on their "moral" soapboxes, defending NSA/IRS Gestapo tactics. New wars. Cronyism. Corruption. Lying. Theft. Drone Murder. TSA rectal exams. Yea you guys are suuuuure the moral authority

  3. #123
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    1.)Yea all the "respected posters" around here like sodomy apparently and think it's cool.
    2.)Want to grab a banana and teach it to our children.
    3.) The Gay Thumpers on their "moral" soapboxes, defending NSA/IRS Gestapo tactics. New wars. Cronyism. Corruption. Lying. Theft. Drone Murder. TSA rectal exams. Yea you guys are suuuuure the moral authority
    1.) there you go makign stuff up again. deflection and meaningless point 1 FAIL
    2.)who said to do this again? thats right nobody. deflection and meaningless point 2 FAIL
    3.) NAS? IRS? new wars? TSA who mentioned that and whats that have to do with the topic? thats right nothing. deflection and meaningless point 3 FAIL

    hey make up some more failed strawman lol

    well that 3 strikes you're out and your post is a complete failed nonsensical rant that has nothing to factually do with the topic. You are exposed again.

    do you ever post anything but failed insults, lies, fantasy and strawmen? anything
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #124
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Ok Stalin.....

    I'm not changing your posts am I???

    You're clearly an authoritarian ......

    You change my post again I will put you on ignore...

    Your opinion on civil liberties and the Bill of Rights goes way beyond "opinion" and into the realm of epic ignorance, tyranny, authoritarianism and fascism...

    You apparently don't know where the "red line" is between fascism/authoritarianism and liberalism.....


    I'm sorry that the big scary government is oppressing your "right" to discriminate against gay people on Federal property.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #125
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post


    I'm sorry that the big scary government is oppressing your "right" to discriminate against gay people on Federal property.
    shhhhhh

    dont confuse the discussion by excusing his hyperbole
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #126
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    "Ever" is a long time.

    But you may have missed this in my previous post: " On the other hand they may organize a BBQ at an individual home - which may be on base or off.

    The issue isn't about whether the club "ever" holds an event at a volunteers home, the issue is about commands providing official recognition and command sponsorship to a Spouse Club which excludes spouses.



    The "club" does not mandate that Family "A" or "B" MUST hold an even in a home. Nope not done. Someone, in such a situation, may volunteer to hold such an even. If another person doesn't want a homosexual to attend and event in their home, or a black, or a Jew - they just don't volunteer their home. If they don't want to participate in command spoored events at on-base location or at other homes - no one makes them attend, they are free no to show up.

    There is no "association in question", if you don't want to associate - don't go. Attendance is not mandatory, it's voluntary. If you don't want to join the club don't, people are free to start their own private clubs and invite whomever they wish, they just can't be command sponsored.



    I spent 20-years, 66 days, and about 16 hours on active duty before transferring to the Fleet Reserve, as someone that did join the military - You are not in a status where "you have no rights anymore".

    Your rights may be curtailed, for example, free speech that is prejudicial to good order and discipline may be restricted. You are free to go to a Klan rally if you want in civilian clothes, you can attend political fund raisers and events for candidates in civilian clothes. You can even speak at such events. You may not though wear your uniform at such events or project yourself as a member of the military or to be acting under military authority. Evey base I was ever stationed at, I could own firearms. When I lived in base housing I had to register them with security, when I lived in the barracks they were stored in the armory. If I had been arrested for a crime (which of course I wasn't) I still had a right to counsel, the right of non-incrimination, the right to a speedy trial, the right to a day in court, the right to question my accuser, and the right to challenge a conviction on appeal. Military courts are different then civilian courts, that does not mean that rights do not exist.

    Curtailed or function differently does not mean that you have no rights.


    >>>>
    ever as ...have they had a gathering in someone's home before...........not ever as in forever.

    right to association is the problem is question..., however as stated to, you don't have that right while in the military, ...the UCMJ takes over.

  7. #127
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    ever as ...have they had a gathering in someone's home before...........not ever as in forever.

    right to association is the problem is question...,

    No "right of association" is not the question. Command Sponsorship is the question. And again, if such a group has ever had an event in someone's home is totally irrelevant as no one is required to have such an event at their home. People may volunteer the use of their home for an event but no Spouse in such a club is required to host an event or to attend any event.

    A group can get together form a private club and associate with or without whomever they wish. They can accept or reject homosexuals, Asians, Jews, or men. Their have free right of association. The limitation is on the Command to Sponsor such a club. If they provide equal access to all spouses, they can get Command Sponsorship. However if they want to exclude some military spouses, they can still form their private club, they just don't get command recognition.

    Same logic that many espouse regarding Same-sex Marriage in States that ban it. Same-sex Couples can have a religious or secular ceremony, they just don't get the State recognition.


    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    however as stated to, you don't have that right while in the military, ...the UCMJ takes over.

    BTW - Generally speaking the UCMJ is not applicable to spouses in any State, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. The only time they fall under the UCMJ is on accompanied orders to a foreign country for command sponsorship. Who is subject to the USMJ is covered in the United States Code Title 10 Chapter 47 Article 802.

    10 USC § 802 - Art. 2. Persons subject to this chapter | Title 10 - Armed Forces | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute



    >>>>

  8. #128
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Actually it WAS a problem. Now it has been solved. I'm sure countries like Iran might be more to your liking, I hear they hate gays too.
    I've just been telling them to move to Russia, but forcing gays to undergo sex change is probably more to his liking yeah.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Marines Tell Spouses Clubs: Admit Same-Sex Spouses - ABC News





    back-up link: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses | Fox News

    more discrimination bites the dust, one step at a time equal rights is winning and will prevail.

    Good job Marines!
    is it inequity to not let a write business owner from joining the The National Black Chamber of Commerce or how about is it inequality for to not allowing a white women from participating in the Black Miss America pageant or could a white congress man join the congress black caucus

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Marines tell spouses clubs to admit same-sex spouses Read more: http://www.foxne

    Wow, there are a lot iof people who are pissed at this now, and yet for some reason none of them cared way back in january when this thread passed without a single response. Way to show true concern here guys. it is so important that you have not complained about it for 9 months.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •