Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84

Thread: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Hey Sherlock. The 2nd Amendment say "uninfringed". But back to the point, how about you are a business owner, being robbed, and you only have 8 shots. The bad guys got twice that. At least you can die in accordance with the law ?

    You make me sick. Twice. You clearly have no clue about the 2nd Amendment, and the intent of the Founders.

    Maroon.
    It says uninfringed HOWEVER it has been and will continue to be restricted and it is all legal. You illinformed 2nd A ranters make me sick- see what I did there?

    I can say this about how many shots it takes, if you don't aim you can't miss fast enough. If you aim true the other guy dies with a bunch of rounds in his weapon. if you worry about what he has you are already behind the curve, concentrate on using what you got as well as you can.

    Like inches, it doesn't matter how many you have but how you use them. having a bunch of either just leads to sloppy work and lazy efforts.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    It says uninfringed HOWEVER it has been and will continue to be restricted and it is all legal. You illinformed 2nd A ranters make me sick- see what I did there?

    I can say this about how many shots it takes, if you don't aim you can't miss fast enough. If you aim true the other guy dies with a bunch of rounds in his weapon. if you worry about what he has you are already behind the curve, concentrate on using what you got as well as you can.

    Like inches, it doesn't matter how many you have but how you use them. having a bunch of either just leads to sloppy work and lazy efforts.
    Cool. So when multiple intruders show up with ILLEGAL weapons and I'm in compliance with less effective and lower capacity weapons I'll just call "time out" so I can reload right? Because criminals are really good about playing by the rules. It's like the high school kid who thinks a fight is over when somebody falls down as if there is a ref in real life, and is then surprised when he continues to get his a$$ kicked on the ground. Seen that a bunch of times. Reality is not the blissful utopia the sheltered think it is.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Ok, and today in the news from around my house 3 drunk rednecks thought that someone was sneaking around their house and shot multiple rounds killing nothing but air and perhaps some unlucky woodland creatures and trees. The one rare time it becomes useful does not equal all the other useless times idiots with guns use them. Oh, and let us not forget the reason that the pharmacist had to shoot it out. That would again be idiots with guns. Now perhaps limiting access idiots have to guns might lower the need for shootouts with idiots with guns? Or we could do what the gun nuts want and give more idiots easier access to guns. Yeah, that will solve the problem sort of like a match will solve the problem of a giant gasoline spill in your house.

    So, let's pass a law against idiots.

    If should be about as easy to enforce as a law against guns.

    But, aren't full auto rifles already illegal? Why do we need another law?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Cool. So when multiple intruders show up with ILLEGAL weapons and I'm in compliance with less effective and lower capacity weapons I'll just call "time out" so I can reload right? Because criminals are really good about playing by the rules. It's like the high school kid who thinks a fight is over when somebody falls down as if there is a ref in real life, and is then surprised when he continues to get his a$$ kicked on the ground. Seen that a bunch of times. Reality is not the blissful utopia the sheltered think it is.
    So your experience is in high school fights and you wish to apply that 'experience' to the use of deadly force?

    lets think on the less rounds in the weapon thing for justa moment.

    How many rounds in most concealed carry pistols-
    remember they are subcompacts so they can be concealed.

    If you think you need a whole bunch of rounds to defend yourself you are going to lose. Blasting away isn't going to get them all before one of them gets you. If you think you can out gun three well armed and shooting bad guys without taking a hit yourself you are in for a very sad awakening.

    You can try and dream up scenarios and try to make it out to show a single man against three well armed and already shooting badguys will prevail if only he had a high cap mag...

    But you would be incorrect.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So, let's pass a law against idiots.

    If should be about as easy to enforce as a law against guns.

    But, aren't full auto rifles already illegal? Why do we need another law?
    If we did that at least half the country would be breaking the law by being idiots. Same thing with banning firearms. If you change the laws you make legal gun owners criminals retroactively.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    So your experience is in high school fights and you wish to apply that 'experience' to the use of deadly force?

    lets think on the less rounds in the weapon thing for justa moment.

    How many rounds in most concealed carry pistols-
    remember they are subcompacts so they can be concealed.

    If you think you need a whole bunch of rounds to defend yourself you are going to lose. Blasting away isn't going to get them all before one of them gets you. If you think you can out gun three well armed and shooting bad guys without taking a hit yourself you are in for a very sad awakening.

    You can try and dream up scenarios and try to make it out to show a single man against three well armed and already shooting badguys will prevail if only he had a high cap mag...

    But you would be incorrect.
    Again, we don't get to choose what our scenarios might be. This is not a video game where you can choose which level you want to play. If you are in your house and have a break in you do not get the choice of how many or how well armed your opponents are. You have whatever you have and your level of expertise. It's one of the reasons I enjoy long distance hiking. I'm a good problem solver and enjoy a challenge. Miles away from roads or other people you have what you thought to bring and your own abilities and that's it. Many people have died out there with everything they would have needed to survive if they had know how to use it just as many have died who have plenty of knowledge but don't have the right equipment.

    So if you have a break in and you are out gunned you are at a disadvantage and may likely die trying to defend your family while waiting for the police to show up. The expression is "When seconds count the police are only minutes away". No, I'd rather have weapons that may seem excessive to you, warm and comfy in your parent's basement. I'm not taking that chance. If you want to go ahead, but I will not allow you or someone else to make that decision for me. Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Biden and Feinstein don't need weapons at all. They have security details to protect them with weapons we are not allowed to own to begin with. It's easy for them to tell us what WE don't need with a well armed securty detail to take care of them.
    Last edited by tech30528; 01-10-13 at 01:02 PM.

  7. #77
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Yes, I remember the blind faith then too. "You will be able to keep your doctor". Not so much. "premiums will drop". Didn't happen. In fact they have already increased by 30% on average and will be going up more. So coverage costs more and doctors are making less, where do they suppose the money is going?

    Then there was the new tax law. "Only the top 2% will pay more". Remember that? Anybody looked at their paycheck yet this year? My suggestion is to not pick up the soap in the shower with a trusted politician.
    All part of the point, modern "jounalists" don't do their own research, they find talking points they like and run with them, for some damn reason there is a segment of the population that takes their writings as the absolute last word.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #78
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So, let's pass a law against idiots.

    If should be about as easy to enforce as a law against guns.

    But, aren't full auto rifles already illegal? Why do we need another law?
    Full autos aren't completely illegal but might as well be due to the regulatory inflation. You have to have a tax stamp per gun, cannot transfer unless someone is licensed to carry and not in all states. As well the license doesn't cover machine guns made after the 1986 Hughes amendment which are not transferable. A typical transferrable full auto can be anywhere from 15 to 30 thousand dollars.

    EDIT - There are only two known murders committed with legally owned full autos. Of the two, one was a cop. They aren't exactly prime for committing premeditated murder due to rideup and that pesky running out of shots things because they fire so fast.
    Last edited by LaMidRighter; 01-10-13 at 01:34 PM.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #79
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Why does the government NOT allow a civilian to have a armed, fully functional tank?
    I know the answer to this one.


    Because it will damage the badly made streets?

    Did I win the prize?

  10. #80
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    It says uninfringed HOWEVER it has been and will continue to be restricted and it is all legal.
    Nope, not legal. That the clowns who dared didn't get charged with perjury is irrelevant, they CAN BE.
    You illinformed 2nd A ranters make me sick- see what I did there?
    Read the founders' writings, like Madison, the guy who wrote the constitution, the pro second side says WHAT he did. You're wrong.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •