Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84

Thread: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Working a pharmacy can be even more dangerous now days than the local bank.
    I know several pharmacies that are robbed on average roughly 3-5 times per year. One of my clinical rotation sites is in a rough neighborhood and I was told by an upperclassmen that an armed guard walks staff/students to and from the pharmacy to their cars after dark. People rob pharmacies for the drugs and not so much for the money. I would suspect that these robberies are increasing as prescription drug abuse (and illegal sales on the street) increase. Some people tend to also get very violent when they are denied medications as well (like drug addicts trying to fill a prescription several days too soon).
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  2. #12
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    He did it without carrying a 30 clip assault riffle. I feel almost everyone should be carrying a ranged weapon (especially in World of Warcraft). Just not something with a huge clip capacity if youre a civilian. A 1911 is perfect. Want lots of bullets then carry lots of clips.
    What is a 30 clip assault rifle?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #13
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-01-13 @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    The argument about clips is for morons. aka liberals. All are stupid dumbass idiots, as is displayed over and over here. The pharmacist was fortunately able to get the job done with a limited number of rounds. Should he have had a limit, like at a carnival or some such liberal bull**** ? Is this "if you can't kill him in 8 shots", then you lose ?

    Lemme guess Sherlock. If you are a pharamicist, with a shop you built for 20 years, and some hoodie comes in to rob you, you need to be limited in your ability to defend, by either some absurdly governed clip, of as you say "your ability to carry lots of clips" ? Do you realize how liberally retarded, aka ignorant, your point was ?

    Such as you make me sick for the Republic.
    The point of the small clip size idea isn't IMO to make defending yourself a carnival game where if you miss 8 times you lose and get robed/killed. Rather it is to reduce the death tolls of mass shootings of innocents by limiting the amount of people the shooter is able to kill by limiting the clip size of the shooters available weapons, well still making it possible for a good citizen to defend themselves from attack. Unless your being attacked by a small army a small hand gun should be more then enough to defend yourself from an assailant. In this story you can clearly see the pharmacist was able to defend himself without a military grade machine gun.

  4. #14
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    if you actually were well trained in tactical gun use you might understand that in some cases a THIRTY ROUND magazine is Ideal, in other cases its not. In some cases a double barrel rifle is an ideal defensive weapon (i.e. charging lions in Kenyan brush) in other cases a revolver is preferred-shooting through one's coat pocket when grabbed by surprise

    people like you probably think one can win the Masters using one golf club
    You are not in the Kenyan brush. In fact you are not in any brush. Maybe a hair brush. Then again why does a turtle need a hair brush? *tossing sardine*
    No civilian needs a 30 round magazine. Learn how to eject and reload. Its fun.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  5. #15
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    The point of the small clip size idea isn't IMO to make defending yourself a carnival game where if you miss 8 times you lose and get robed/killed. Rather it is to reduce the death tolls of mass shootings of innocents by limiting the amount of people the shooter is able to kill by limiting the clip size of the shooters available weapons, well still making it possible for a good citizen to defend themselves from attack. Unless your being attacked by a small army a small hand gun should be more then enough to defend yourself from an assailant. In this story you can clearly see the pharmacist was able to defend himself without a military grade machine gun.
    Welcome Hummingbird!
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  6. #16
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    I believe the view of anti-gun people is that Dr is a criminal who should be prosecuted. He should have given the robbers everything and anything they wanted, and then called the police (if he was still alive). If not, at least he wasn't a criminal when he died.

    ^ THAT is the anti-gun position. They just like to dodge it when topics like this comes up.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I know several pharmacies that are robbed on average roughly 3-5 times per year. One of my clinical rotation sites is in a rough neighborhood and I was told by an upperclassmen that an armed guard walks staff/students to and from the pharmacy to their cars after dark. People rob pharmacies for the drugs and not so much for the money. I would suspect that these robberies are increasing as prescription drug abuse (and illegal sales on the street) increase. Some people tend to also get very violent when they are denied medications as well (like drug addicts trying to fill a prescription several days too soon).
    I work with a number of pharmacies and some are very on top of keeping track of people who also try getting control substances from multi physician scripts. Then there are some that really don't seem to care.
    Have had a few pharmacists work with me in nailing down some patients who have abused the script route.
    When a patient calls you and tells you that their 2 yr old just knocked over a full bottle of their Lortabs down into the toilet there is this red flag that comes up. It is always the Lortab that got knocked over never the Coreg.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    He did it without carrying a 30 clip assault riffle. I feel almost everyone should be carrying a ranged weapon (especially in World of Warcraft). Just not something with a huge clip capacity if youre a civilian. A 1911 is perfect. Want lots of bullets then carry lots of clips.
    They are MAGAZINES not CLIPS and we are talking about real firearms for real life situtations, not some video game. This is why it is so difficult to take people like you seriously in a discussion about legislating against a tenent of our founding structure. Those of us who live differently than you do don't need your uninformed opinion making changes that will not affect you. One of the possible causes of these types of shootings is a disconnection from reality. These people are playing a game and don't see their victims as people. They see them as targets in a game, not a life ending but points on a scoreboard. Have you ever fired a 1911? Have you ever carried one? They are relatively huge, heavy and cumbersome for concealed carry.

  9. #19
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    What is a 30 clip assault rifle?
    Heh... i was waiting for someone to mention there is no such thing. Its a rifle made to eject bullets quickly and often has large capacity magazines. They can kill stuff real quick. Very efficiently and effectively.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  10. #20
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: pharmacist shoots and kills potential assasin and robber

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    You are not in the Kenyan brush. In fact you are not in any brush. Maybe a hair brush. Then again why does a turtle need a hair brush? *tossing sardine*
    No civilian needs a 30 round magazine. Learn how to eject and reload. Its fun.
    how long do you think you would last against me in a gun fight? you can have a machine gun and by the time you figure out how to rack the bolt and find the firing mechanism I suspect I could have shot you for times with a cap and ball revolver.

    you seem to think that killing to save one's life should be "sporting" sort of like if you are mugged its unfair to kick the mugger in the nuts or shank his ass with a hidden blade. You obviously have never shot anyone or had someone try to shank you (I have experienced both unpleasantries)

    seriously? I can shoot a revolver 12 times in under 4 seconds

    and if those 30 round magazines have no use for a civilian against criminals why do every major CIVILIAN police department issue them to CIVILIAN employees

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •