Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 838

Thread: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

  1. #81
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Obama had better be mighty careful with that... there's a lot of us who will flat refuse to obey an Executive Order than violates the Constitution.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping he doesn't do something ill-considered that provokes something drastic... but that EO could easily create tens of thousands of Tim McVeigh's ready to declare armed revolt.

    I very very sincerely hope it does not come to that, but I will admit I'm beginning to worry.
    No one in this country will do anything. We are a nation of wimps now. Half of the people who we think would stand up to this are on the gov't dime anyway. They won't bite the hand that feeds them. The other quarter are too rich to want to make any waves for fear of losing their fortune. That leaves a few middle class people who are too worried about their rising taxes, lower house value, and family of 4 to get involved in some crap like this. There could be an outlier here or there but I doubt any sort of mass revolt will happen. It will be a few guys with big beards and signs standing in the front of the White House and that's about it.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #82
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The point of the SA was not for citizens to defend themselves from other citizens, but to provide a well regulated militia to defend against tyranny. If the argument has instead become that we need guns because other people can't control themselves, then that seems like an invitation for the expansion of more government laws to control people.
    It was, in part, based on English Common Law and the English Declaration of Rights, which did indeed guarantee the right to self-defense.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  3. #83
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Ya need to read better- right wing ranters are dancing around the fact 20 children without all their permanent teeth were gunned down at one time along with a half dozen of their teachers.

    This isn't drug dealers or bangers shooting each other, this was 20 1st graders gunned down.

    No the 'cons' disgusting acts are to call those truly outraged, saddened and wondering if it could happen to their own kids, whores.
    Oh shut up. You people were salivating when the body count started coming in, hooting and hollering like your Hockey team just one the Stanley Cup.

    Same thing with Giffords and your low life implicit charges of right wing complicity.

    Look, your'e still doing it, you can't help your self because apparently you were raised by animals that never taught you the fundamentals of being a human being.

    Did you ever wonder why George Stephanopoulos quit counting dead soldiers ? Or why the media quit following around an old hag who used her sons death to gain TV time ??

    It's because you guys dont give a rats-ass about any dead soldier, dead diplomat or victims of a foreign war or dead Children and your'e sick enough to offer up insincere "heartfelt" arguments right up until the time when those "pawns" stop pushing the narrative your'e supporting.

    Because to you, to every liberal who I actually think suffers from a profound mental disorder , dead soldiers and dead children are just game pieces for you.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  4. #84
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Interesting, so not only are you jumping to conclusions, you are unqualified to judge based on the law itself. Well done!
    want to play that game with me?

  5. #85
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I feel pretty confident that the military will shut down any attempt at a revolution pretty quickly.

    they won't be able to save the politicians who cause it nor will they be able to save those who called for the gun bans that start it

    most of us aren't going to fight the military. its those who give the orders to round up gun owners we will target

    and those who support such order givers

  6. #86
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Ya need to read better- right wing ranters are dancing around the fact 20 children without all their permanent teeth were gunned down at one time along with a half dozen of their teachers.

    This isn't drug dealers or bangers shooting each other, this was 20 1st graders gunned down.

    No the 'cons' disgusting acts are to call those truly outraged, saddened and wondering if it could happen to their own kids, whores.
    gun haters are the ones who saw this massacre as a benefit

    not gun owners

  7. #87
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    gun haters are the ones who saw this massacre as a benefit

    not gun owners
    You do realize, merely by overreacting, you're not really different. Frankly gun folks have been every bit as badminton if not worse.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #88
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You do realize, merely by overreacting, you're not really different. Frankly gun folks have been every bit as badminton if not worse.
    the only over reaction were gun haters who have been trying to rape our rights and got a massacre to help

    your silly comment about gun owners is expected and wrong

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Oh shut up. You people were salivating when the body count started coming in, hooting and hollering like your Hockey team just one the Stanley Cup.

    Same thing with Giffords and your low life implicit charges of right wing complicity.

    Look, your'e still doing it, you can't help your self because apparently you were raised by animals that never taught you the fundamentals of being a human being.

    Did you ever wonder why George Stephanopoulos quit counting dead soldiers ? Or why the media quit following around an old hag who used her sons death to gain TV time ??

    It's because you guys dont give a rats-ass about any dead soldier, dead diplomat or victims of a foreign war or dead Children and your'e sick enough to offer up insincere "heartfelt" arguments right up until the time when those "pawns" stop pushing the narrative your'e supporting.

    Because to you, to every liberal who I actually think suffers from a profound mental disorder , dead soldiers and dead children are just game pieces for you.
    'You people' just which you people you mean? Parent, grandparent, firearm owner, combat vet? I am a lot of 'you people'.

    That some are shocked, outraged, saddened and want to do more than just listen to the NRA mouthpieces mutter the same old tired lines seems to really tweek the radical right ranters.

    I was raised by ardent conservatives and taught quite a few manners, I pushed a great deal of Ft. Dix lower until I got it through my head Sir is no sign of respect to an NCO.

    George still honors our dead at the end of every Sunday show, i reckon the body count stopped when we got out of Iraq, but tell me what combat deaths have to do with small children dying in their classroom along with 6 of their teachers?

    Seems the right wing ranters can do little more than deflect and attempt to equal war with the first Grade.

    It is the more vulgar elements of the right wing who wants to equate drug dealer deaths with children, wants to equate soldiers with children.

    I was tested in the military, no profound disorder just a tendency toward quick violence, but hey that was part of my job description...

  10. #90
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the only over reaction were gun haters who have been trying to rape our rights and got a massacre to help

    your silly comment about gun owners is expected and wrong
    No, it is spot on.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •