Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 838

Thread: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

  1. #821
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    This is also the third time I've linked this:
    FactCheck.org : Gun Rhetoric vs. Gun Facts
    Not in this thread you didn't....I don't care if you linked it in 25 other threads talking about this issue, when you make a claim in a new thread, the onus on proof is on YOU! to provide it again for those who don't have the time or inclination to read everyone of your postings.

    As to fact check, unreliable data at best, and most likely cherry picked. But hey, as we thought, your so called proof is, in the end a big nothing.....Great that it only took dozens of pages to find that out.....Good grief.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #822
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You miss the point.
    Ya, the point that you are far more fos than I realized.

    The point you were making was showing that your facts are "objective" and then showed sources, I examined those sources and determined just how objective you've been...

  3. #823
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know. Some don't like facts, so checking them is really a problem.
    No, fact check is just a name, there is no objectivity as it is a political organization, and not some arbiter of facts as the presen themselves as being.

    But hey, you want to remain ignorant of anything beyond your party line, then ya, keep up what your doing... But realize that your argument fails any rational scrutiny...

    There's a reason why you depend so strongly on the emotional argument.

  4. #824
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The very studies you cite through opinion pieces in three different pieces of so called support disagree with your own conclusions....

    "Based on identified studies reviewed in this report, the evidence is insufficient to determine whether the United States firearms laws affect violence. It is concluded that evidence for the effectiveness of a given firearms law on an outcome is insufficient."

    https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publicatio...aspx?id=209529


    "The Task Force found insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws or combinations of laws reviewed on violent outcomes."

    First Reports Evaluating the Effectiveness of Strategies for Preventing Violence: Firearms Laws

    The third study in the Atlantic that the NYTimes' Brooks cites, if you want to call it that is equally laughable, trying to make a biased correlation between gun violence and the GOP....The real question is whether or not we are going to continue to uphold the Bill of Rights, or trash the Constitution on the dust heap of downfalls.
    If any if hat anything to do with anything I've claimed, y,it might have a point. When you stop arguing with the stereotypical "liberal" and actually read what I write, you might finally understand all the errors you make.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #825
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not in this thread you didn't....I don't care if you linked it in 25 other threads talking about this issue, when you make a claim in a new thread, the onus on proof is on YOU! to provide it again for those who don't have the time or inclination to read everyone of your postings.

    As to fact check, unreliable data at best, and most likely cherry picked. But hey, as we thought, your so called proof is, in the end a big nothing.....Great that it only took dozens of pages to find that out.....Good grief.
    I've linked it many times and many places, even for you.

    And they link the actual study. So it is the study you have to dispute, though real trouble for too many is not being interested in knowing the facts. That's why there is so much trying to marginalizing fact checking sites. Your false claim about fact check. Org holds no water.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #826
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Ya, the point that you are far more fos than I realized.

    The point you were making was showing that your facts are "objective" and then showed sources, I examined those sources and determined just how objective you've been...
    Then you would be mistaken.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #827
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    No, fact check is just a name, there is no objectivity as it is a political organization, and not some arbiter of facts as the presen themselves as being.

    But hey, you want to remain ignorant of anything beyond your party line, then ya, keep up what your doing... But realize that your argument fails any rational scrutiny...

    There's a reason why you depend so strongly on the emotional argument.
    That is incorrect. You not liking their efforts doesn't make them inaccurate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #828
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That is incorrect. You not liking their efforts doesn't make them inaccurate.
    No, there efforts are presenting facts that support their political agenda.

    There are numerous examples of fact check, and other similar groups claiming things false that we're verifiable fact.

  9. #829
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If any if hat anything to do with anything I've claimed, y,it might have a point. When you stop arguing with the stereotypical "liberal" and actually read what I write, you might finally understand all the errors you make.

    Ah, but it does Joe. Your whole premise in this thread is that your hat is hung on this pap being fact, when you fail to read possibly the most important part of the so called studies you cite to back you up, and that is that they are "inconclusive". Making your hypothesis based on your emotional appeal, rather that solid fact.

    Sorry, but it is what it is, and your theory is little more than your opinion, backed by inconclusive data....

    I've linked it many times and many places, even for you.

    And they link the actual study. So it is the study you have to dispute, though real trouble for too many is not being interested in knowing the facts. That's why there is so much trying to marginalizing fact checking sites. Your false claim about fact check. Org holds no water.
    See, that's the funny thing, I know there are people that save every post of others they frequently clash with in order to minutely pour over their past words to try and trip up their debate, which is imho, sad. I don't do that, and many others, regardless of your over inflated ego, don't hang on your every word either, so regardless of how many times you post something in other places, or think you have laid it out before, in a new thread you must back your claims again, each time you make them not only because it is the proper way to approach reasoned thought, but because it is a huge fail to just make a statement, then proceed to droll on for page after page dancing to NOT provide a source. It makes you look foolish.

    As to fact checking orgs. they have been shown to not be reliable in their "fact checking" due to the method of checking in many cases to fit the narrative they are forwarding. Hell, the one linked to the St. Pete Times was shown to be ran out of the editorial dept. by the same people, and surprise their conclusions matched up with their editorials which even the ombudsman said leaned left.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #830
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    No, there efforts are presenting facts that support their political agenda.

    There are numerous examples of fact check, and other similar groups claiming things false that we're verifiable fact.
    I have a feeling that if these sites were outing Obama's lies then he would dismiss them as fast as liberals dismiss stories from FNS.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •