Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 838

Thread: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

  1. #791
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    My evidence is perfect for ME. and I know more about this issue than you can ever dream about. My evidence isn't crap, yo pretend the pro gun evidence is crap and you fail to apply the same standards to the NON EXISTENT empirical data that the anti gun side spews

    and I don't -for a minute-believe that you spend thousands of posts on this issue merely because you are some sort of self appointed arbiter of what is good evidence. You are a hard core gun restrictionist no matter how many times you claim you are not.
    I'll spend another thousand posts if you keep presenting faulty arguments and defending them. I got time.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #792
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    That's as stupid as saying its better not to have a tourniquet even if you are bleeding out than it is to put one around the neck of a your child who suffered a head wound.
    You might want to read it again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #793
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'll spend another thousand posts if you keep presenting faulty arguments and defending them. I got time.
    Opinion noted and rejected as ignorant and dishonest. YOur dishonesty is demanding 100% proof that carrying a weapon makes one safer while ignoring the fact that no empirical evidence supports the claim that the current democratic party proposed gun laws would make us safer.

    YOu also are dishonest in stating that I think everyone should carry. I am merely stating that the evidence proves to ME that I should carry and people like you who are afraid to should not.

    and again, your claim that your only interest is attacking "faulty data" is a bold steaming lie



  4. #794
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You might want to read it again.

    your choices were a false selection



  5. #795
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Opinion noted and rejected as ignorant and dishonest. YOur dishonesty is demanding 100% proof that carrying a weapon makes one safer while ignoring the fact that no empirical evidence supports the claim that the current democratic party proposed gun laws would make us safer.

    YOu also are dishonest in stating that I think everyone should carry. I am merely stating that the evidence proves to ME that I should carry and people like you who are afraid to should not.

    and again, your claim that your only interest is attacking "faulty data" is a bold steaming lie
    That's a cop out. I didn't ask for 100% of anything. I asked for objective evidence and not mere supposition based on hearsay.

    And if you read, I said there is no evidence that the laws proposed will make us safer. No ones challenged me on that. You seem to miss a lot of what is said.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #796
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your choices were a false selection
    No more so than yours. Less so actually.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #797
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You do realize your 75% figure doesn't dispute what I said?
    And what you said has no real bearing if the fact that not being in a gang reduces the odds by 3/4's...

    The only thing that pushes you is an irrational fear of guns.

    Honeybees kill more people than accidents with firearms, are you gonna ban honeybees next?!? No, of course not... You don't care about that casualty rate because you can't establish government controls over it...

    And no, there is nothing easy about shooting straight in a stressful situation.
    Yes, for the untrained person... Unless you are trained to handle high stress situations, yes you can expect to be about half as accurate as in the range.

    Have you considered that this man shot to scare rather than kill?? He fired enough shots to have killed them both.... But you would have preferred that all those people fall victims to those robbers through what you are pushing....

    Maybe someone would have been able to call the cops, maybe they would have realized there was no money and decided to kill everyone there... Actually, in that situation, that would be the ONLY REASONABLE ASSUMPTION!

  8. #798
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    And what you said has no real bearing if the fact that not being in a gang reduces the odds by 3/4's...

    The only thing that pushes you is an irrational fear of guns.

    Honeybees kill more people than accidents with firearms, are you gonna ban honeybees next?!? No, of course not... You don't care about that casualty rate because you can't establish government controls over it...



    Yes, for the untrained person... Unless you are trained to handle high stress situations, yes you can expect to be about half as accurate as in the range.

    Have you considered that this man shot to scare rather than kill?? He fired enough shots to have killed them both.... But you would have preferred that all those people fall victims to those robbers through what you are pushing....

    Maybe someone would have been able to call the cops, maybe they would have realized there was no money and decided to kill everyone there... Actually, in that situation, that would be the ONLY REASONABLE ASSUMPTION!
    Don't argue with strawmen. I have no fear of guns. The stats I gave are objective fact. Nothing about gangs speak to it. Nor does anyone firing a gun anywhere, even in the air, change those facts. If I'm a shooter, and a threat, I already have my gun out, already using it, and will most likely shoot you before you get yours and certainly once you start shooting.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #799
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have no fear of guns.
    Of course you do. You fear the guns owned by civilians.
    Some apes are more equal...

  10. #800
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Dammitboy! View Post
    Of course you do. You fear the guns owned by civilians.
    Nope. Don't even object to.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •