Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 838

Thread: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

  1. #781
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    City folk in general want more guns laws, and rural folk in general don't.
    Complete nonsense and piffle
    Some apes are more equal...

  2. #782
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    49.4% of the population voted for someone OTHER than obama. 53/47 Dem/GOP Senate 235/201 GOP/Dem

    An EO with this political makeup can be viewed only to be an usurpation of powers.

    0.6% does not a mandate make.

    The opposition is not obstructing progress they are protecting the rights of the people.

  3. #783
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The Home of Grinnell but I didn't see your post until after I wrote the above

    almost all cases of people merely displaying guns to ward off scumbags are never reported
    That may or may not be, just as every other method isn't reported either. So, we could all jump to a lot of false conclusions supposing. I once merely told a group that was an ass whipping I was going to have to take, and they walked away. Go figure.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #784
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Dammitboy! View Post
    Complete nonsense and piffle
    I suppose, . . . .if you close down all openness to objective evidence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #785
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,571

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That may or may not be, just as every other method isn't reported either. So, we could all jump to a lot of false conclusions supposing. I once merely told a group that was an ass whipping I was going to have to take, and they walked away. Go figure.

    I have a great idea-that would save you hundreds of posts

    1) if you don't think your safety is increased by carrying a firearm or having one in your home then do NOT

    2) and stop pretending what works for you should apply to everyone else



  6. #786
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,571

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I suppose, . . . .if you close down all openness to objective evidence.
    what does the objective evidence show

    I know

    ITS BETTER TO HAVE A FIREARM and never need it for self defense

    than to need one and NOT HAVE ONE



  7. #787
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I have a great idea-that would save you hundreds of posts

    1) if you don't think your safety is increased by carrying a firearm or having one in your home then do NOT

    2) and stop pretending what works for you should apply to everyone else
    Seems to me, that's what your doing with guns. I merely jump in with to show your evidence was crap. I've done that on both sides, but you arge about it. What might happen isn't objective evidence. That's what I'm trying to get you to see.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #788
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what does the objective evidence show

    I know

    ITS BETTER TO HAVE A FIREARM and never need it for self defense

    than to need one and NOT HAVE ONE
    Different issue than what you jumped in on, but better to not have one and shot a family member or friend than to have one you never use in self defense.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #789
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,571

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Seems to me, that's what your doing with guns. I merely jump in with to show your evidence was crap. I've done that on both sides, but you arge about it. What might happen isn't objective evidence. That's what I'm trying to get you to see.
    My evidence is perfect for ME. and I know more about this issue than you can ever dream about. My evidence isn't crap, yo pretend the pro gun evidence is crap and you fail to apply the same standards to the NON EXISTENT empirical data that the anti gun side spews

    and I don't -for a minute-believe that you spend thousands of posts on this issue merely because you are some sort of self appointed arbiter of what is good evidence. You are a hard core gun restrictionist no matter how many times you claim you are not.



  10. #790
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,571

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Different issue than what you jumped in on, but better to not have one and shot a family member or friend than to have one you never use in self defense.
    That's as stupid as saying its better not to have a tourniquet even if you are bleeding out than it is to put one around the neck of a your child who suffered a head wound.



Page 79 of 84 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •