Page 78 of 84 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 838

Thread: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

  1. #771
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nit saying that either. You brought up number, not me. Again, jurisdiction is not the issue. It's rural versus urban.
    Ok, so go with that. One more reason that people flee the cities.....Yeah, that'll work out well...As far as I understand the LEO's saying what your saying in the cities are speaking about illegal guns, so your solution is to restrict legal guns? Sounds foolish to me.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #772
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so go with that. One more reason that people flee the cities.....Yeah, that'll work out well...As far as I understand the LEO's saying what your saying in the cities are speaking about illegal guns, so your solution is to restrict legal guns? Sounds foolish to me.
    More to easy access and the violence they face. The mistake is in thinking your can hold someone off, as if they said, "j, go get your gun and try and stop me." In any gun fight, he who has the gun out first usually wins. Neither easy access to guns or limiting guns is entirely effective. Both sides can point to what ifs, and both are are weak arguments.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #773
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, jurisdiction is not the issue. It's rural versus urban.
    This statement is six kinds of stupid. If the sheriff has jurisdiction over the city (urban) and the county (rural) your argument is null and void of logic and reasoning.

    No surprise there...
    Some apes are more equal...

  4. #774
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Dammitboy! View Post
    This statement is six kinds of stupid. If the sheriff has jurisdiction over the city (urban) and the county (rural) your argument is null and void of logic and reasoning.

    No surprise there...
    You six shades of lost in the discussion, but the point isn't jurisdiction in any way. it is about the different views on average found in rural and urban ares.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #775
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    What are these different views according to you? I've lived in both and find no difference. Still waiting to find a post of yours that involves reason or logic.
    Some apes are more equal...

  6. #776
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I bet I could not find one single citizen in our largest city here in my state who has pulled a weapon against a criminal in the last year. You are largely supposing the suit your preconceived notion of the gun myth.
    what state do you live in

    I know dozens of people who have pulled guns on criminals and I know for a fact that only two have been reported

    When I was moving up the ranks of pro IPSC style shooters, I used to train with a guy who was in Nam before we were officially there. He was part of what became the Green Beret. Well one day he showed me a newspaper clipping of a supposed unsolved killing involving bikers with many warrants and a record a mile long about the time the race riots were hitting the USA. Seems the Master Sgt was home on leave and was on his bike in an area which had recently become invested with two warring bike gangs (and he didn't know this because he had been in The Nam for a couple years). Well Sgt was riding on his bike when out of no where a couple members of "the Iron Horsemen" rode up on his six and knocked him off his bike. They went down about 50 yards turned around and came back at him -one swinging a chain.. Well the good sgt-lawful or not pulled out the Browning HP he carried in the Nam and center punched both of the outlaw bikers through the face. DOA. two days later he's on his way back to the Nam and he calls an old service buddy who was now part of the local constabulary and reports what had happened. The deputy basically said they figured the "invaders" had whacked the two bikers and since the bikers were both wanted and the cops were busy with riots that was the way it was gonna go down.

    So a lawful stomping of two cockroaches was written off an "gang violence"



  7. #777
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I bet I could not find one single citizen in our largest city here in my state who has pulled a weapon against a criminal in the last year. You are largely supposing the suit your preconceived notion of the gun myth.
    Still searching for any logic or reason...
    Some apes are more equal...

  8. #778
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Dammitboy! View Post
    What are these different views according to you? I've lived in both and find no difference. Still waiting to find a post of yours that involves reason or logic.
    You may run into a very narrow circle. City folk in general want more guns laws, and rural folk in general don't.

    The different experiences people in urban and rural communities have with guns and gun culture is one big reason why Washington has a difficult time getting on the same page when it comes to gun-control legislation.

    Politics Counts: Urban-Rural Split on Gun Laws - Washington Wire - WSJ

    David: This isn’t only an argument about politeness. The self-righteousness on both sides of the gun issue has totally ruined the prospects for good policy making. The gun control debate is no longer about guns. It’s a culture war between urbanites and rural people.

    What We Talk About When We Talk About Guns - NYTimes.com

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #779
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what state do you live in

    I know dozens of people who have pulled guns on criminals and I know for a fact that only two have been reported

    When I was moving up the ranks of pro IPSC style shooters, I used to train with a guy who was in Nam before we were officially there. He was part of what became the Green Beret. Well one day he showed me a newspaper clipping of a supposed unsolved killing involving bikers with many warrants and a record a mile long about the time the race riots were hitting the USA. Seems the Master Sgt was home on leave and was on his bike in an area which had recently become invested with two warring bike gangs (and he didn't know this because he had been in The Nam for a couple years). Well Sgt was riding on his bike when out of no where a couple members of "the Iron Horsemen" rode up on his six and knocked him off his bike. They went down about 50 yards turned around and came back at him -one swinging a chain.. Well the good sgt-lawful or not pulled out the Browning HP he carried in the Nam and center punched both of the outlaw bikers through the face. DOA. two days later he's on his way back to the Nam and he calls an old service buddy who was now part of the local constabulary and reports what had happened. The deputy basically said they figured the "invaders" had whacked the two bikers and since the bikers were both wanted and the cops were busy with riots that was the way it was gonna go down.

    So a lawful stomping of two cockroaches was written off an "gang violence"
    I mentioned earlier to someone who asked: Iowa

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #780
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I mentioned earlier to someone who asked: Iowa
    The Home of Grinnell but I didn't see your post until after I wrote the above

    almost all cases of people merely displaying guns to ward off scumbags are never reported



Page 78 of 84 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •