Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 838

Thread: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

  1. #751
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Tap dance around the fact all you want Joe, you got busted in your fallacy, now just accept it and move on. The thread isn't about you.



    Well, I do apologize for not catching the link to this study you are hanging your hat on. Could you possibly post the link again so that I may review it myself without spending the afternoon searching for it?



    The mistake you make here is to assume that you are the judge of what is reasonable.



    I didn't ask you that. Can you answer the question?
    J, you making a mistake in your diagnosis isn't me getting busted, sorry. You entered a conversation apparently not understanding at all what was being said.

    Try national gun deaths if you can't wait until I get to the computer. Suited deaths are easily verified. So are accidental deaths and deaths where the person not a criminal, but a family member or friend in a dispute. These are all gathered and easily verified. It is also linked on. Few threads.

    As for reasonable, find anyone objective who think wild leaps going contrary to what has been said is reasonable. I'd live to see that.

    And no, I won't pretend your asked a real question. The amendment is to be read in its entirety and a few words out of hat context.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #752
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, you making a mistake in your diagnosis isn't me getting busted, sorry. You entered a conversation apparently not understanding at all what was being said.

    Try national gun deaths if you can't wait until I get to the computer. Suited deaths are easily verified. So are accidental deaths and deaths where the person not a criminal, but a family member or friend in a dispute. These are all gathered and easily verified. It is also linked on. Few threads.

    As for reasonable, find anyone objective who think wild leaps going contrary to what has been said is reasonable. I'd live to see that.

    And no, I won't pretend your asked a real question. The amendment is to be read in its entirety and a few words out of hat context.

    Joe, You make me laugh....If I didn't think you were serious, it would only make it more funny....But, it also has its sadness in the fact that I really fear you may think that what you are saying here isn't completely, transparently, and absurdly dishonest, but it is Joe, and you seem to be the only one that doesn't know that.....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #753
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Joe, You make me laugh....If I didn't think you were serious, it would only make it more funny....But, it also has its sadness in the fact that I really fear you may think that what you are saying here isn't completely, transparently, and absurdly dishonest, but it is Joe, and you seem to be the only one that doesn't know that.....
    No j it isn't. I think this tactic comforts some of you as it allows you to avoid dealing with points made. The numbers of deaths, for example, don't support the gun myth, so you try to excuse and avoid them. You don't want hem mentioned. And you have to take the person you seek with beyond what has been said, as it s easier to fight that strawman than the argument before you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #754
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No fear and hyperbole.
    You mean like the fear of guns to push for their banishment??

    And the hyperbole of stating that "gun deaths" are more important than other ways people die??

    If you remove suicide and killing friends and family (accidentally or otherwise) citizens use guns even less, face even less gun need situations, and have no obligation to tackle any if the dangerous situations police do.
    Absolutely false.... 75% of gun crime in the us is gang related.

    But take away the guns and people just find other weapons; knives, hammers, rocks, etc... And in fact, people are more likely to be killed by knife or hammer than they are of being shot.

    Right, but just because they are not confronting criminals all day does not mean that a criminal will not confront them... And it's at that point where you either have to defend yourself to the extent that you can, or succumb to the criminal.

    You are proposing that because people don't get robbed or killed daily in your vicinity means that it doesn't happen. This is such a ridiculously fallacious argument.

    Finally, if you see someone being attacked, if you atelier armed then you can easily help someone in need before the cops arrive too late... Or you can just keep walking and justify in your mind.

  5. #755
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by boo radley View Post
    no j it isn't. I think this tactic comforts some of you as it allows you to avoid dealing with points made. The numbers of deaths, for example, don't support the gun myth, so you try to excuse and avoid them. You don't want hem mentioned. And you have to take the person you seek with beyond what has been said, as it s easier to fight that strawman than the argument before you.

    zzzzzzzzzz!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #756
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    You mean like the fear of guns to push for their banishment??

    And the hyperbole of stating that "gun deaths" are more important than other ways people die??



    Absolutely false.... 75% of gun crime in the us is gang related.

    But take away the guns and people just find other weapons; knives, hammers, rocks, etc... And in fact, people are more likely to be killed by knife or hammer than they are of being shot.

    Right, but just because they are not confronting criminals all day does not mean that a criminal will not confront them... And it's at that point where you either have to defend yourself to the extent that you can, or succumb to the criminal.

    You are proposing that because people don't get robbed or killed daily in your vicinity means that it doesn't happen. This is such a ridiculously fallacious argument.

    Finally, if you see someone being attacked, if you atelier armed then you can easily help someone in need before the cops arrive too late... Or you can just keep walking and justify in your mind.
    You do realize your 75% figure doesn't dispute what I said?

    And no, there is nothing easy about shooting straight in a stressful situation.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #757
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And now you are just putting words in my mouth. Get back to me if you are ever interested in honest debate.
    We already know that is not possible with you.

  8. #758
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,361

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I bet I could not find one single citizen in our largest city here in my state who has pulled a weapon against a criminal in the last year. You are largely supposing the suit your preconceived notion of the gun myth.
    Tell me the state and I have a hunch I could prove you wrong assuming the city allows it's citizens to own firearms.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  9. #759
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    Tell me the state and I have a hunch I could prove you wrong assuming the city allows it's citizens to own firearms.
    Iowa.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #760
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Just for Boo.....



    You're welcome....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •