Page 70 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 838

Thread: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

  1. #691
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I would have trouble banning hunting weapons or some that are used for personal protection.
    Are you aware that some shotguns appear on the legislation that is currently proposed by Feinstein? As well as, any pistol with a drop clip capacity?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #692
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Are you aware that some shotguns appear on the legislation that is currently proposed by Feinstein? As well as, any pistol with a drop clip capacity?
    Do you really take her that seriously? Like I said, this will be settled either b it not passing or the courts. Have some faith in your country.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #693
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,325

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hardly. But one has to care one way or the other to take a position. I take quite a few. But what I notice is that many of you when you can't stay within the boundaries of what has actually been said, you attack the person. Such attacks are usually a sign of weakness.
    Hardly a personal attack. It's an observation of your character based on your statements. If you state you would not ban or restrict the rights of others, yet allow others to do so, by default you support the restrictions. The questioning of your badge was an attempt to make you remember what led you to earn it in the first place. We would never tolerate that kind of attitude.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  4. #694
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    Hardly a personal attack. It's an observation of your character based on your statements. If you state you would not ban or restrict the rights of others, yet allow others to do so, by default you support the restrictions. The questioning of your badge was an attempt to make you remember what led you to earn it in the first place. We would never tolerate that kind of attitude.
    No, support requires an active participation. There is none. I also trust our process to largely work. And what led me to earn it was not love of guns, or faulty logic, or lack of faith in our system of governance. I take sides on many issues. Look at health care, or education, or poverty. Real issues. This gun debate is mostly hyperbolic nonsense.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #695
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,885

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Do you really take her that seriously? Like I said, this will be settled either b it not passing or the courts. Have some faith in your country.
    Faith is a terrible thing to base one's actions on, especially when there is EVIDENCE to the contrary. Your assurances are no reason not to fight such prohibition at every point along the political process. If public opinion, state proposals, and the new law in NY are any indication, such a ban is very possible.

    This "it'll never pass" "no one is coming for your guns" tripe gets ever so tiresome when such laws ARE passing and many actually do want gun confiscation.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  6. #696
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Faith is a terrible thing to base one's actions on, especially when there is EVIDENCE to the contrary. Your assurances are no reason not to fight such prohibition at every point along the political process. If public opinion, state proposals, and the new law in NY are any indication, such a ban is very possible.

    This "it'll never pass" "no one is coming for your guns" tripe gets ever so tiresome when such laws ARE passing and many actually do want gun confiscation.
    I did not say blind faith, and largely what I see presented as evidence has largely been inaccurate hyperbole.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #697
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,885

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I did not say blind faith
    Either you have good reasons for what you believe or you don't. I don't place stock in any kind of faith.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    and largely what I see presented as evidence has largely been inaccurate hyperbole.
    What is inaccurate hyperbole?

    The New York Law? Polling data? Diane Feinstein herself saying she would have gone for an outright firearm ban if she could have? The Daily Kos's blueprint for outright ban? Many states, including my own, requiring registration and will confiscate those who do not comply or have banned guns?

    That **** is REAL and is happening or is law. I'm beginning to think you're either being obtuse, or you're just ignorant of whats been going on these past few weeks.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  8. #698
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Either you have good reasons for what you believe or you don't. I don't place stock in any kind of faith.



    What is inaccurate hyperbole?

    The New York Law? Polling data? Diane Feinstein herself saying she would have gone for an outright firearm ban if she could have? The Daily Kos's blueprint for outright ban? Many states, including my own, requiring registration and will confiscate those who do not comply or have banned guns?

    That **** is REAL and is happening or is law.
    A people must have some reasonable belief tat a government is valid, faith if you will, in that government or the government fails. I doubt you would like what might follow.

    Even in what you list, there is hyperbole. What one politician says, of the minority party no less, is hardly the event happening. And NY has not banned all guns, and any aw they pass must hold up in court. Remember what appended with the DC effort? Yes, your side is clearly and wildly overreacting.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #699
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Do you really take her that seriously? Like I said, this will be settled either b it not passing or the courts. Have some faith in your country.

    Well, firstly, Her bill looks like it will be a non starter for Reid who enjoys a "B" rating from the NRA, and being from Nevada, has a lot of gun owning constituents. Secondly, the point is not whether or not it would pass, or not, nor is it about a court fight which we both know moving the case up the line would/could take a year or better, meanwhile their little un American plan would be implemented, but rather the fact that a hypocrite like Feinstein would bring something like this forward in a bill to begin with. It is unconstitutional, and she violates her oath of office for even attempting it. The hubris, and elitism it takes to be that out of touch is just one example why these people should be tossed out on their ear.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #700
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,885

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A people must have some reasonable belief tat a government is valid, faith if you will, in that government or the government fails. I doubt you would like what might follow.
    I wouldn't call that faith, if said government gives people a reason to believe its valid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Even in what you list, there is hyperbole.
    Which?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What one politician says, of the minority party no less, is hardly the event happening.
    That is evidence which refutes the claim that "no one is coming for your guns" when some in fact are trying. The fact they will fail is irrelevant to the point that they in fact exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And NY has not banned all guns, and any aw they pass must hold up in court.
    I didn't claim they did. So what is your point? So long as some guns aren't banned we still have a 2nd amendment? To what end? You've got a single shot rifle so you can't complain?

    The New York ban is an incremental step down a slippery slope, if you claim otherwise remember those who said the same thing about the 10 round ban not leading to future lower capacity bans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Remember what appended with the DC effort?
    Yes, I lived under the ban and in DC during the crack epidemic. I know exactly the effect such laws have and increase crime.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, your side is clearly and wildly overreacting.
    Who is my side? Have I overreacted? Is opposing this kind of tripe so that it fails an overreaction? Have you considered what would happen if such proposals went unopposed?

    I think you're underreacting, and also "extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"
    Last edited by Spartacus FPV; 01-26-13 at 02:57 PM.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

Page 70 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •