Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 838

Thread: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

  1. #671
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,382

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Dude, I'm the one who isn't scared at all.
    So then you have no reason to fear the fact that I may have weapons you fear??????
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  2. #672
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    So then you have no reason to fear the fact that I may have weapons you fear??????
    I don't. I've made no call to ban anything. Does anyone even read what people write?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #673
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,382

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You might have a point if I had said any of that.
    You are correct. You did not say that directly. You want to place limits on which tools I choose based on what you believe is appropriate.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  4. #674
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    You are correct. You did not say that directly. You want to place limits on which tools I choose based on what you believe is appropriate.
    I haven't said hat either, directly nor indirectly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #675
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,382

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't. I've made no call to ban anything. Does anyone even read what people write?
    So you have no problem with me owning an AR or AK? You have no problems with my CCW and carrying where i see fit? If not I will apologize and admit I misread your intent.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  6. #676
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    So you have no problem with me owning an AR or AK? You have no problems with my CCW and carrying where i see fit? If not I will apologize and admit I misread your intent.
    I have no problem. Nor does it bother me f ar or ak is banned. I doubt much will change with current carry laws. But I have neither called for nor advocated any new law at all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #677
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,382

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have no problem. Nor does it bother me f ar or ak is banned. I doubt much will change with current carry laws. But I have neither called for nor advocated any new law at all.
    So you personally would not ban a gun or restrict ccw, but you don't mind if someone else does.....
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  8. #678
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    So you personally would not ban a gun or restrict ccw, but you don't mind if someone else does.....
    Pretty much. It most of it a nonissue.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #679
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,802

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't. I've made no call to ban anything. Does anyone even read what people write?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I would have trouble banning hunting weapons or some that are used for personal protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Would you say it is the only hunting weapon? Will people be unable to hunt without it? If they can still hunt, I would not be upset. Many tools have duel uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If the reason was rational, sure. You seem to think that if you're allowed to something, no restrictions can be placed on it. I tried to get across to you that you're mistaken. Because I can hunt with a particular weapon doesn't mean it can't be restricted.
    Yeah, youre full of ****. Please exit the thread and pick up your balls on the way out.

  10. #680
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I haven't said hat either, directly nor indirectly.
    Are you sure you haven't said hat?
    Some apes are more equal...

Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •