Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 838

Thread: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

  1. #661
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't believe his claims on guns. He is clearly an incrementalist banner

    no one posts hundreds of gun posts if their only position is they feel they don't "NEED" a gun
    Your reasoning is flawed to say the least.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #662
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do have. Picture of a plague I got in my albums. I can link a local newspaper article mentioning it. I bet that's as much or more than you can produce.
    I can produce pictures on the internet as fast as anybody else. Look here's my house.

    Some apes are more equal...

  3. #663
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Dammitboy! View Post
    I can produce pictures on the internet as fast as anybody else. Look here's my house.

    Thats true, which makes your whining kind of silly. But mine identify me. You can even find and call me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #664
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your reasoning is flawed to say the least.
    yeah so you say-your passive aggressive attacks on gun ownership might have fooled some 500-600 posts ago but not me. I have been dealing with gun haters for decades-you don't have anything I have not seen before.



  5. #665
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah so you say-your passive aggressive attacks on gun ownership might have fooled some 500-600 posts ago but not me. I have been dealing with gun haters for decades-you don't have anything I have not seen before.
    Dude, I've only entered this fray on. Couple of issues:

    1) guns on campus. I do have an issue with that and have argued.

    2) your use of flawed stats and poor reasoning.

    Now you do keep it going by bouncing all around and avoiding the actual arguments made. I'll spend a thousand posts this way with you if you like, but hat doesn't mean your logic has gotten any better.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #666
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Dude, I've only entered this fray on. Couple of issues:

    1) guns on campus. I do have an issue with that and have argued.
    And most campuses are now "gun free zones"... Now your focus is on "semiautomatic weapons" an "assault weapons", though I'm not sure that you could describe what features makes a weapon an "assault weapon" vs an "hunting weapons".... The closest youve insinuated is that even hunters should use pump action, bolt action rifles, or front-loading muskets.



    2) your use of flawed stats and poor reasoning.

    Now you do keep it going by bouncing all around and avoiding the actual arguments made. I'll spend a thousand posts this way with you if you like, but hat doesn't mean your logic has gotten any better.
    It's easy when stats you disagree with are "flawed stats with poor reasoning".

    The only exception to the rule of more guns less crime is Japan, where murders, is surprisingly low... Yes, there is variations base on cultural values among other factors, but both London and Australia have seen crime rates surge after disarmament of the population.

  7. #667
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    And most campuses are now "gun free zones"... Now your focus is on "semiautomatic weapons" an "assault weapons", though I'm not sure that you could describe what features makes a weapon an "assault weapon" vs an "hunting weapons".... The closest youve insinuated is that even hunters should use pump action, bolt action rifles, or front-loading muskets.





    It's easy when stats you disagree with are "flawed stats with poor reasoning".

    The only exception to the rule of more guns less crime is Japan, where murders, is surprisingly low... Yes, there is variations base on cultural values among other factors, but both London and Australia have seen crime rates surge after disarmament of the population.
    I think I've described the weapons fairly accurately, but even that is besides the point. The point s guns can be regulated. The only debate is where s the line. That will eventually be settled. I personally don't care where it ends at. So when asked if I mind if it includes semi automatics, he answer is I don't.

    Now, the flawed stats he used was that guns recent crimes. That study doesn't use hard data, but opinion based data. Your claim above is also flawed, and based on a poor interpretation of he facts.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #668
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,382

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is how America should work-if you don't need one or feel you need one, then don't buy one

    but don't spew 500+ posts insinuating that other people don't need one and thus are paranoid or stupid for owining one
    His fear of law abiding owners of firearms potentially harming someone is intellectually superior to my supposed fear of non-law abiding thugs harming me or my family. I can comfort my self by carrying the tools needed to prevent that. He wants to comfort himself by preventing me access to those tools. Pretty selfish on the face of it. The life I save with a firearm is worth just as much as the murder victims life or a child lost to drunk driving.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  9. #669
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    His fear of law abiding owners of firearms potentially harming someone is intellectually superior to my supposed fear of non-law abiding thugs harming me or my family. I can comfort my self by carrying the tools needed to prevent that. He wants to comfort himself by preventing me access to those tools. Pretty selfish on the face of it. The life I save with a firearm is worth just as much as the murder victims life or a child lost to drunk driving.
    an excellent summary of this issue.



  10. #670
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BretJ View Post
    His fear of law abiding owners of firearms potentially harming someone is intellectually superior to my supposed fear of non-law abiding thugs harming me or my family. I can comfort my self by carrying the tools needed to prevent that. He wants to comfort himself by preventing me access to those tools. Pretty selfish on the face of it. The life I save with a firearm is worth just as much as the murder victims life or a child lost to drunk driving.
    You might have a point if I had said any of that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 67 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •