Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 838

Thread: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    So my assertion that I will no longer stand in your way politically on this issue means nothing then? You demand full acceptance, agreement and active support or nothing perhaps? I must bow down and swear fealty to your cause or I'm a hypocrite? Will the Thought Police come and get me because one issue is more important to me than another issue?

    Apparently there is plenty of irony and hypocrisy to go around.
    Uh, I'm not demanding anything from you and I didn't say that what you said "meant nothing". I said that invoking the minority/majority argument that you did in lieu of the fact that you've based your passive opposition to same-sex marriage, in part, on "they're a minority so they don't matter" is ironic and hilarious. That's true - no need to invoke a melodramatic red herring in response.

  2. #52
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you support wasting crisises? Me, I prefer to learn from them, make changes needed, and improve.
    Admit it, you prefer to tear up the constitution. Obama is not a king he does not have the power to legislate. If they do any executive orders to ban guns, of course the Supreme Court will rule against him and then we can impeach him for abuse of power...Is he that stupid? ****ing wannabe despot.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Uh, I'm not demanding anything from you and I didn't say that what you said "meant nothing". I said that invoking the minority/majority argument that you did in lieu of the fact that you've based your passive opposition to same-sex marriage, in part, on "they're a minority so they don't matter" is ironic and hilarious. That's true - no need to invoke a melodramatic red herring in response.


    Fine bud. You scored on on the Goshin. Well done.

    Perhaps we can get back to the topic now instead of talking about me... such as, should "the will of the majority" be sufficient to strip a (40 to 80 million person) minority of an established and enumerated Constitutional right?

    My answer was "no"....

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Fine bud. You scored on on the Goshin. Well done.

    Perhaps we can get back to the topic now instead of talking about me... such as, should "the will of the majority" be sufficient to strip a (40 to 80 million person) minority of an established and enumerated Constitutional right?

    My answer was "no"....
    Your posts are so ... whiny.

    And that's not really the topic since Obama hasn't stated that he's going to do anything even close to that. That's just your imagination working in overdrive.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 01-09-13 at 08:10 PM. Reason: I'm illiterate.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    A year ago this would have been a conspiracy theory since there was no evidence to support it. No one cvould have predicted the mass outcry by the public for something like this. Being right one time in a million is not something to take pride in.
    This is all I hope to say on the "conspiracy angle", but, that was the "theory" was that the situations would be highlighted for the media to generate outcry in which to take the guns. It goes further to say, intending this to cause a civil war which would tear up military and police so that the outcry would be for a UN/ NATO takeover and initiating full martial law.

    I saw the trend of where things were going, and hoped it would change, but the call for the guns is now undeniable.

    What's going on in the country if the "theory" is close to correct?

    How about we examine the potential outcomes of these threats coming to pass??

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    You're posts are so ... whiny.

    And that's not really the topic since Obama hasn't stated that he's going to do anything even close to that. That's just your imagination working in overdrive.

    When your ox is the one being gored, I'll remind you you said that.


    Good evening sir.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #57
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    07-26-13 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    47

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    This is just ridiculous, shutup Biden and shutup Obama. That power is to be used wisely and its going to their heads,"with great power comes great responsibility."

  8. #58
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Good evening sir.
    Ma'am



    .

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    When your ox is the one being gored, I'll remind you you said that.

    Good evening sir.
    I don't hypothesize the potential future actions of politicians with rash, emotional perceptions that I don't realize I have and instead accuse those with whom I disagree of having. Instead, I hypothesize by looking at what they actually say and do and by what their constituents and party would be willing to let them do, so good luck with that.

  10. #60
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Your posts are so ... whiny.

    And that's not really the topic since Obama hasn't stated that he's going to do anything even close to that. That's just your imagination working in overdrive.
    The portion of the post that I "like" is bolded. The rest is beyond strange, since "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is without question, while SSM is legal in some states and not in others, and is already on the SCOTUS docket in at least two forms/cases. If one can have a "strong preference" for partner gender then one can certainly have a "strong preference" for the type of firearm that they wish to keep and bear. The really strange thing is that a clearly stated individual right is even being debated; either live by its simple words or seek to amend the Constitution.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •