Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 838

Thread: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

  1. #511
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I mean both and more. The kid who finds his parents gun and shoots himself or another child.
    In that case the parents should face charges for not teaching their children what it means to carry a gun, as well as not safely storin the weapons.

    I don't lose my rights because of one bad apple, was it you that said you can't take one good example of gun use to make a larger point??


    The home owner who messess around and shoots a neighbor of family member. In all kinds of ways, we shoot each other and not criminals.
    Ok, and that's terrible when that happens, I'm not devoid of sympathy (though it's alot less in cases of stupid).

    The statistics are that you are 80 times more likely to prevent crime with a gun than you are to be a victim of crime with a gun.

    And that's really a source of desperation that you are looking for the exceptions to justify the rules.... The fact is that both those cases make up a total of at most 0.0002% of incidents with guns.

    Like I said before, your irrationally arguing based on emotion, so, it doesn't matter what facts get put up, guns make you scared so you'll push to get rid of them... Even though the overwhelming majority of gun owners (99.999%) are responsible, you want to... No, need to use the 0.0001% to punish the rest.

  2. #512
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    In that case the parents should face charges for not teaching their children what it means to carry a gun, as well as not safely storin the weapons.

    I don't lose my rights because of one bad apple, was it you that said you can't take one good example of gun use to make a larger point??




    Ok, and that's terrible when that happens, I'm not devoid of sympathy (though it's alot less in cases of stupid).

    The statistics are that you are 80 times more likely to prevent crime with a gun than you are to be a victim of crime with a gun.

    And that's really a source of desperation that you are looking for the exceptions to justify the rules.... The fact is that both those cases make up a total of at most 0.0002% of incidents with guns.

    Like I said before, your irrationally arguing based on emotion, so, it doesn't matter what facts get put up, guns make you scared so you'll push to get rid of them... Even though the overwhelming majority of gun owners (99.999%) are responsible, you want to... No, need to use the 0.0001% to punish the rest.
    You haven't lost any rights. There has always been the ability to regulate weapons. And I have not been emotional at all. It has largely been your side that is being emotional and overreacting (not everyone mind you).

    Oh, your 80% stat is from a very flawed study. It is n from anything objective, so it's useless.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #513
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You haven't lost any rights. There has always been the ability to regulate weapons. And I have not been emotional at all. It has largely been your side that is being emotional and overreacting (not everyone mind you).

    Oh, your 80% stat is from a very flawed study. It is n from anything objective, so it's useless.
    Ok, so let's sum up here ... Boo furthers his anecdotal evidence, but says you can't use yours. Boo is the self declared arbiter of what studies are acceptable, and which (yours) are not. Boo thinks that the 2nd amendment does not confer the right to bear arms to the people. Boo is simply not an honest debater in this, imho, and therefore, it is a waste of time and effort presenting fact to an emotional arguer...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #514
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so let's sum up here ... Boo furthers his anecdotal evidence, but says you can't use yours. Boo is the self declared arbiter of what studies are acceptable, and which (yours) are not. Boo thinks that the 2nd amendment does not confer the right to bear arms to the people. Boo is simply not an honest debater in this, imho, and therefore, it is a waste of time and effort presenting fact to an emotional arguer...
    J, I gave nothing as weak as that. I asked you very specific questions backed by specific and objective evidence.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #515
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    J, I gave nothing as weak as that. I asked you very specific questions backed by specific and objective evidence.
    You did? Where? Because all I saw was you dancing all over this thread shooting down anything that disagrees with you and calling it "not objective" or whatever....Ah well, that is your only tactic in debate, that and emotion...So, you're right...Say, I don't think that teachers should own guns, and I would like you to set the example and give up your right to do so formally....Care to do that?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #516
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standard

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You haven't lost any rights.
    An appropriate analogy would be "you didn't lose your hand, you just can't use it anymore."

    There has always been the ability to regulate weapons.
    Yes, things like the calibers, the amount of powder, materials, etc...

    And I have not been emotional at all. It has largely been your side that is being emotional and overreacting (not everyone mind you).
    Your argument has been the emotional argument that there's no purpose for certain guns, then you get shown facts destroying your point, and then out comes the next emotionally charged yet factually limited argument.

    Oh, your 80% stat is from a very flawed study. It is n from anything objective, so it's useless.
    Better than your fabricated numbers based on nothing...

    Another fact; violent crime with guns is down almost 45% according to FBI states and that's after millions upon millions more guns being purchased in that time.

  7. #517
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You did? Where? Because all I saw was you dancing all over this thread shooting down anything that disagrees with you and calling it "not objective" or whatever....Ah well, that is your only tactic in debate, that and emotion...So, you're right...Say, I don't think that teachers should own guns, and I would like you to set the example and give up your right to do so formally....Care to do that?
    I cannot help that you may see only what you want to see, but I laid out the issue fairly well. An objective measure is not based on opinion. When you merely ask people if hey thought a gun they had relented a crime, that is not an objective standard. However, when you count verifiable deaths, that is an objective standard.

    as for your question, I don't follow it. If you rephrase it so I do, it will answer it when I return.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #518
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    An appropriate analogy would be "you didn't lose your hand, you just can't use it anymore."



    Yes, things like the calibers, the amount of powder, materials, etc...



    Your argument has been the emotional argument that there's no purpose for certain guns, then you get shown facts destroying your point, and then out comes the next emotionally charged yet factually limited argument.



    Better than your fabricated numbers based on nothing...

    Another fact; violent crime with guns is down almost 45% according to FBI states and that's after millions upon millions more guns being purchased in that time.
    No that would not be appropriate. It would more like saying you lost a hand you never really had in the first place. The right is not absolute. It has already been established that restrictions can take place. This is not emotional but factual. You are the one who appears emotional.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #519
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns | The Weekly Standar

    Here is one example of the lunacy that accompanies stupid, knee jerk gun laws put into place in haste because progressives must use tragedy, and crisis to accomplish their goals...

    Due to slight oversight in New York’s new gun law, both police and private citizens will be banned from carrying high-capacity magazines.

    According to TV station WABC, the New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act, which bans magazines that carry more than seven rounds, does not provide an exemption for law enforcement officers, who typically carry handguns with a 15-round capacity.

    Oops! NY's new gun law restricts police officers
    How about MSN Boo? Is that an acceptable source for you? Not that I care if it is or not....

    At least six states say they are seriously considering taking some sort of legislative action against the government on the new gun control laws. They include Alabama, Missouri, South Carolina, Montana, Texas and Wyoming. Many more sheriffs around the country are also calling for action.

    Several States Reject Obama’s Controversial New Gun Control Laws (Video) | The Gateway Pundit
    Obama, and progressives are doing things that purposely divide the country...So much for the vaunted "Not a red America, a blue America, but a United States of America."

    Obama is a bully, a fight picker, and a community organizer/race baiter. It really is sad...

    These gun control measures are largely cosmetic, and foolish, they did nothing in the 90s to effect gun violence what so ever, and won't do a damned thing now.

    We should be focusing on the real problems, culture, mental health, early warning signs....The weapon is just a tool....

    But I agree...Let's try something here...

    I don't think that women should be allowed to own firearms, I mean they have that time of the month thing going on, and some get severely emotional, not to mention the whole postpartum depression thing...

    I don't think that minorities should own weapons, we all know how some ethnicities get a little hot headed, and some are prone to act out.

    I don't think that lower economic classes should be allowed to own guns, because they may use them in hold ups, right?...

    And on, and on....Now, I don't really think any of these things above, but it just goes to show how stupid this argument is today.

    We have this right, granted by our creator, NOT man! No matter what progressive incremental plan to reach the end goal of disarming law abiding citizens of their absolute right to keep and bear arms, it will fail.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #520
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I cannot help that you may see only what you want to see, but I laid out the issue fairly well. An objective measure is not based on opinion. When you merely ask people if hey thought a gun they had relented a crime, that is not an objective standard. However, when you count verifiable deaths, that is an objective standard.

    as for your question, I don't follow it. If you rephrase it so I do, it will answer it when I return.
    Well, like I said Boo, I couldn't give two fly farts what you think is objective or not...Your opinion is one of 310 Million so raspberry to that...

    As for the question, it was clear...Here, I'll try again...

    Statement portion:

    I don't think that teachers should own guns.

    Question portion:

    Will you as a teacher set the example, and relinquish any guns you may own, and formally give up the right to own any in the future?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •