Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Casey Anthony Appeals 4 Convictions

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    El Monte, California
    Last Seen
    07-05-13 @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,471

    Casey Anthony Appeals 4 Convictions

    http://gma.yahoo.com/casey-anthony-a...-abc-news-tops

    The appeals court is being asked to decide whether Anthony was in police custody when she made the statements that led to her convictions, according to ABC News' Orlando affiliate WFTV.
    If the appeals judges decide she was in police custody, the convictions could be overturned on the grounds that the statements were inadmissible since she had not been read her Miranda rights.
    The outcome of this criminal appeal could impact Anthony's pending civil suit from Zenaida Gonzalez, a woman who shared a name with the fictional nanny Anthony claimed had taken her daughter.


    I can't believe everyone was in on demonizing this poor girl. Hopefully she can get the convictions overturned so she can move on with her life.

  2. #2
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Casey Anthony Appeals 4 Convictions

    Demonizing her? She was, by all accounts, the last person to see her daughter alive. She admittedly lied several times to her family and police. The jury made the right decision because the case put together by the prosecution was convoluted, confusing, and weak..but I hardly think she was without some kind of blame in the death of her daughter.

    The suit by Z. Gonzalez is BS, because there's no intent on Anthony's part. It would be like a guy named Harry Potter suing Rowling for using his name in the books, forever condemning him to hecklers shouting, "Yer a wizard, 'arry!"...but the girl isn't exactly a paradigm of virtue. If she admitted to lying (and she did), and the conviction is overturned on a technicality that's fine...but it still doesn't negate that she inhibited the investigation by lying, and that her lies were harmful.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    El Monte, California
    Last Seen
    07-05-13 @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: Casey Anthony Appeals 4 Convictions

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Demonizing her? She was, by all accounts, the last person to see her daughter alive. She admittedly lied several times to her family and police. The jury made the right decision because the case put together by the prosecution was convoluted, confusing, and weak..but I hardly think she was without some kind of blame in the death of her daughter.

    The suit by Z. Gonzalez is BS, because there's no intent on Anthony's part. It would be like a guy named Harry Potter suing Rowling for using his name in the books, forever condemning him to hecklers shouting, "Yer a wizard, 'arry!"...but the girl isn't exactly a paradigm of virtue. If she admitted to lying (and she did), and the conviction is overturned on a technicality that's fine...but it still doesn't negate that she inhibited the investigation by lying, and that her lies were harmful.
    Demonizing, yes.

    http://www.rachelgoede.com/blog/2011...crezia-borgia/

  4. #4
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Casey Anthony Appeals 4 Convictions

    I guess holding people to task for bad behavior is now "demonizing" them in some weird alternate reality...good to know.

    Edit: incest was never proven. It was a tactic (one of many) used by the defense to instill reasonable doubt into the minds of the jury.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    El Monte, California
    Last Seen
    07-05-13 @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: Casey Anthony Appeals 4 Convictions

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I guess holding people to task for bad behavior is now "demonizing" them in some weird alternate reality...good to know.

    Edit: incest was never proven. It was a tactic (one of many) used by the defense to instill reasonable doubt into the minds of the jury.
    You must not have heard Nancy Grace. They were demonizing the poor girl in the media. Just like Amanda Knox.

    Nancy Grace Reaction to Casey Anthony Not Guilty Verdict (Video) Right Pundits

  6. #6
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Casey Anthony Appeals 4 Convictions

    Quote Originally Posted by hawke812 View Post
    You must not have heard Nancy Grace. They were demonizing the poor girl in the media. Just like Amanda Knox.

    Nancy Grace Reaction to Casey Anthony Not Guilty Verdict (Video) Right Pundits
    Yeah, Nancy Grace was an extreme nut job. It's kind of her shtick. But Nancy Grace's actions were not even remotely tied to the OP, which singularly discussed the convictions Anthony received for her deceit during the investigation into Caylee's disappearance/death. In regards to the OP, her conviction and the trial had absolutely nothing to do with her being demonized and everything to do with her taking action that led to a crap load of evidence sufficient to charge and prosecute her for the crimes for which she was tried.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •