Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 88

Thread: Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever

  1. #21
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What is a moderate conservative?
    It means that I am moderately conservative

    Moderate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    Conservative - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary



    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you think things are going ok under Obama?
    In the post you quote directly above, I wrote "I'm sure Obama will make many decisions that I disagree with in the next 4 years".

  2. #22
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever


    Wow, dictionary definitions I have found, are only brought out when there isn't a good answer to the question...What is your definition of how you lean politically?

    In the post you quote directly above, I wrote "I'm sure Obama will make many decisions that I disagree with in the next 4 years".
    I know what you said, but that doesn't answer my question....Want to try again?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #23
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sun View Post
    No doubt there are problems as the GOP continues to find its way, but I think this article overstates its case. If the GOP expects to excel in the 2014 mid-term elections and retake the White House in 2020, they need to regroup and find a common cause.
    Getting rid of the Teas would be a start. Let the Reps line up over that then go on from there
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  4. #24
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Besides myself, I know of numerous other conservatives that are abandoning the GOP because they have no interest in being associated with the idiots demanding that their presidential candidate show skepticism towards evolution.
    I would hope this includes abortion even if limited.
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  5. #25
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Sorry, Mate, I don't allow my views and vote to be controlled via fear tactics and extortion. If all the GOP got is "vote for us or the Democrats will win, then they have done nothing to earn my interest or vote


    I'll vote third party, mate, and sleep well knowing that my vote won't be going to support some religious fundie that can't even manage a basic understanding of science
    Good for you. A seeming voice of reason in a world of vapors.
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  6. #26
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wow, dictionary definitions I have found, are only brought out when there isn't a good answer to the question...What is your definition of how you lean politically?
    Me, I am a fiscally conservative to a certain degree, socially liberal, and have no issue with the projection of US power overseas


    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I know what you said, but that doesn't answer my question....Want to try again?
    If I'm sure Obama will make decisions I disagree with, most would assume that I am not a fan of his presidency.

  7. #27
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever

    [QUOTE=Dr. Chuckles;1061325732]Me, I am a fiscally conservative to a certain degree, socially liberal, and have no issue with the projection of US power overseas..[/QUOTE

    Ok, I can see that to a degree. I think that most people are compassionate for those that have problems, or run into hard times. However, the social policy these days is in direct opposition to fiscal sanity of any measure.

    If I'm sure Obama will make decisions I disagree with, most would assume that I am not a fan of his presidency.
    Ok, I guess what I am getting at is, if you want to tell us, did you vote for Obama, Romney, or 3rd party?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #28
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever

    [QUOTE=j-mac;1061325771]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Me, I am a fiscally conservative to a certain degree, socially liberal, and have no issue with the projection of US power overseas..[/QUOTE

    Ok, I can see that to a degree. I think that most people are compassionate for those that have problems, or run into hard times. However, the social policy these days is in direct opposition to fiscal sanity of any measure.



    Ok, I guess what I am getting at is, if you want to tell us, did you vote for Obama, Romney, or 3rd party?
    in 2008 I voted Cynthia McKinny because I saw the greens as the most viable third party that year. This year I voted Johnson

  9. #29
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    in 2008 I voted Cynthia McKinny because I saw the greens as the most viable third party that year. This year I voted Johnson
    Cynthia Mckinney? Really? You mean the same Cynthia McKinney that

    Was a 9/11 truther
    Anti war activist
    introduced articles of impeachment against Bush
    Supports Hamas against Israel
    Was arguably the dumbest woman to serve in congress?

    That Mckinney?

    Gary Johnson ok, but at this deeply important time in history, I think that Johnson Indy's threw their votes away on a candidate that they knew couldn't have a chance at winning, therefore were ok to see Obama re elected so that they could preserve their own smug superiority complex....

    But that's just me....I take you at your word that you want fiscal responsibility, but I think you need to reconcile the social spending side with that fiscal responsible side.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #30
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Republican Party seems as divided, angry as ever

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Cynthia Mckinney? Really? You mean the same Cynthia McKinney that

    Was a 9/11 truther
    Anti war activist
    introduced articles of impeachment against Bush
    Supports Hamas against Israel
    Was arguably the dumbest woman to serve in congress?

    That Mckinney?
    Yes, hence the foot note about it being the only viable third party, not her politics (please don't waste my time by trying to argue she had an actual chance at becoming POTUS). The same was true of Johnson, as well


    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Gary Johnson ok, but at this deeply important time in history, I think that Johnson Indy's threw their votes away on a candidate that they knew couldn't have a chance at winning, therefore were ok to see Obama re elected so that they could preserve their own smug superiority complex....
    No, I just have no interest in belonging to a party that is having a serious debate on evolution.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •