Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 203

Thread: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

  1. #81
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The man running against him supported everything but the way to pay for it. So, I'm not why you think he was more qualified.
    Right, you thought Obama, who was essentially a community activist and a left wing radical was more qualified than a Man who was essentially a expert in turning bad economic situations around ?

    I understand now why your'e a liberal.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  2. #82
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Right, you thought Obama, who was essentially a community activist and a left wing radical was more qualified than a Man who was essentially a expert in turning bad economic situations around ?

    I understand now why your'e a liberal.
    As Romney was basically the same, why did you support him? On each position, there was little difference.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    NHS chief executive faces calls to resign over Mid Staffordshire report - Telegraph

    An official inquiry into failings at the hospital, where between 400 and 1,200 patients died needlessly due to a catalogue of failings and appalling standards of care, is due to be published later this month.

    The report is expected to blame managers who cut costs and reduced staffing levels in an attempt to hit "efficiency" targets and win foundation status.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Last Seen
    01-27-13 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    439

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    It doesn't matter what the cause is. Healthcare is a huge burden on employers. If the rates go up because of a shortage of Band-Aids, it has the same effect on employment as the same raise in rates because of Obamacare.
    So make it a single payer system and be done with it that way no employer is invovled with the Healthcare part of it. Pretty simple !

  5. #85
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    So make it a single payer system and be done with it that way no employer is invovled with the Healthcare part of it. Pretty simple !
    I am not opposed to single payer system if we are going to have a system. Putting Medicare, Medicaid, VA and all this into a single system makes more sense than having 3 insolvent government systems and another one sitting on the backs of corporations as a not-so hidden tax just without the IRS middleman.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Which has nothing to do with anything we're talking about.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #87
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    So make it a single payer system and be done with it that way no employer is invovled with the Healthcare part of it. Pretty simple !
    If that were so "simple" then even Reid, Pelosi and Obama would have done it. Note that PPACA passed without a single republicant vote, so it was the demorats alone, not the republicants, that gave us PPACA instead of UHC. Think before you drink, even Koolaid. The problem with UHC is that private medical care insurance disappears, doctors (and other medical care providers) get paid by the gov't (take the offered reimbursement or else!) and that gov't rationing of care is assured. The "rich" will seek, and get, superior care (paying market rates), as they now do, and the poor will be served at "gov't" clinics and care centers, which will accept the gov't rates offered for services rendered.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #88
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Its always the same with you progressive Marxists

    Businesses have 'evil motives'. Everyone doesn't 'care' except Obama and the democrats. Obama's intentions are as pure as the wind driven snow or something

    Cult like behavior from worshipers. Not reasonable people. You've traded God for Obama and Big Government
    I think most Liberals believe business is amoral hence the need for society to decide what moral guidlines they should operate by. You go ahead and beat up your strawman with a baseball bat...we wouldn't want you to actually deal with reality and ruin your black and white fabricated reality.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  9. #89
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    If that were so "simple" then even Reid, Pelosi and Obama would have done it. Note that PPACA passed without a single republicant vote, so it was the demorats alone, not the republicants, that gave us PPACA instead of UHC. Think before you drink, even Koolaid. The problem with UHC is that private medical care insurance disappears, doctors (and other medical care providers) get paid by the gov't (take the offered reimbursement or else!) and that gov't rationing of care is assured. The "rich" will seek, and get, superior care (paying market rates), as they now do, and the poor will be served at "gov't" clinics and care centers, which will accept the gov't rates offered for services rendered.
    You are inaccurate on a couple of points.

    1. Democrats could not realistically push UHC without more support, including from republicans. There is much more work to do on that argument before it can be realistically passed.

    2. Second, UHC is not a single limited system. There are many forms of of UHC, many of which do not do away with insurance, where government isn't the only payer, and while "rationing" is the wrong word, there is no need to be anymore limitations than we see with our current system. Remember, if you can't afford something, you can't have it. Insurance companies say they will only pay for so much. None of this changes. Nor does it change that you are free to buy anything you can afford, including insurance and medical care.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #90
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You are inaccurate on a couple of points.

    1. Democrats could not realistically push UHC without more support, including from republicans. There is much more work to do on that argument before it can be realistically passed.

    2. Second, UHC is not a single limited system. There are many forms of of UHC, many of which do not do away with insurance, where government isn't the only payer, and while "rationing" is the wrong word, there is no need to be anymore limitations than we see with our current system. Remember, if you can't afford something, you can't have it. Insurance companies say they will only pay for so much. None of this changes. Nor does it change that you are free to buy anything you can afford, including insurance and medical care.
    1. Prove this, as ZERO republicant votes were required for PPACA, and only then will I entertain your other fantasies. This is one thing that cannot be laid upon Bush or the republicants at all. I am tired of the "you just do not understand" defense of PPACA. I fully realize that many desired forms of UHC could exist and that PPACA is not one of them. To assert that PPACA does not alter what is "legal" for insurance (as of 2014) is a blatant lie, unless you count paying for both "current" insurance and a fine or tax as "reasonable".

    2. BTW the bolded statements that you made are clearly proof that you have no clue what the PPACA law requires.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •