Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 203

Thread: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

  1. #71
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,133

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Just show me how something that started happening long before reform is now reforms fault. That's all you have to do for this kettle mr. Pot.
    The housing crisis started happening before Bush, yet that was Bush's fault.

    The hunt for Bin Laden started years before Bush, but Bush was blamed for not caring enough about that particular manhunt.

    The transfer of wealth to other countries started happening years before Bush, but it's Bush's fault that corporations are moving business over seas.

    What was that about pots and kettles?
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  2. #72
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Rodeo View Post
    The housing crisis started happening before Bush, yet that was Bush's fault.

    The hunt for Bin Laden started years before Bush, but Bush was blamed for not caring enough about that particular manhunt.

    The transfer of wealth to other countries started happening years before Bush, but it's Bush's fault that corporations are moving business over seas.

    What was that about pots and kettles?
    1. I don't blame either Bush or Obama for the housing crisis. There is, however, more than one place to lay some blame.

    2. Regardless of when the hunt started, it is a fact Bush did drop the ball and inexcusably moved the focus to Iraq.

    3. Not Bush's fault, but not anything he helped tackle. However, he's not alone on that.

    So, the pot to kettle stands. You're arguing some strawman somewhere and not me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    NYT reporting that Obamacare causing some premiums to DOUBLE already.

    Lemme guess. It's the boogeyman/monster in the closet Bush's fault or something

  4. #74
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    NYT reporting that Obamacare causing some premiums to DOUBLE already.

    Lemme guess. It's the boogeyman/monster in the closet Bush's fault or something
    Mind doubled before Obama was even elected. Damned Obamacare!!!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Hc premiums are rising faster under Obama than they ever did under the scapegoat Bush. Obama promised they'd go down 2500 if his garbage hc bill was passed. He lied.

    You are reduced to buffoonery because you can't refute facts. Have fun with that.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Hc premiums are rising faster under Obama than they ever did under the scapegoat Bush. Obama promised they'd go down 2500 if his garbage hc bill was passed. He lied.

    You are reduced to buffoonery because you can't refute facts. Have fun with that.
    Teach him t,o borrow republican ideas!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Employers will use any excuse they can get away with. However, if we were concerned about the effects of healthcare on business, we would remove it from employment and go with UHC.
    You are so anti-rich, anti-business, anti-corporate you can't form a objective decision that's makes any sense concerning health care. You've let a personal issue get in the way of a logic based decision.

    It's not the fault of millions of Americans that are suffering now that some Boss chewed your ass out, or that you got layed off, or that you didn't win the lotto or whatever's got your panties in a knot.


    You are incapable of making a intelligent analysis with proof being your suggestion of UHC because employers are somehow innately selfish and evil. How on earth would we pay for UHC for 300 million people ? Tax the rich more ?

    So we can all be unemployed and dependent on the Government ? This is why it's so easy to deal with you liberals on these forums and YES anyone who carries a personal chip on their shoulder and uses it to make what should be objective decisions should abstain from voting.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  8. #78
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Mind doubled before Obama was even elected. Damned Obamacare!!!
    And your solution was to elect the least qualified candidate who would sign into legislation a law to QUADRUPLE IT ?
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  9. #79
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You are so anti-rich, anti-business, anti-corporate you can't form a objective decision that's makes any sense concerning health care. You've let a personal issue get in the way of a logic based decision.

    It's not the fault of millions of Americans that are suffering now that some Boss chewed your ass out, or that you got layed off, or that you didn't win the lotto or whatever's got your panties in a knot.


    You are incapable of making a intelligent analysis with proof being your suggestion of UHC because employers are somehow innately selfish and evil. How on earth would we pay for UHC for 300 million people ? Tax the rich more ?

    So we can all be unemployed and dependent on the Government ? This is why it's so easy to deal with you liberals on these forums and YES anyone who carries a personal chip on their shoulder and uses it to make what should be objective decisions should abstain from voting.
    I'm not anti any of those things. Can you address the points made?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    And your solution was to elect the least qualified candidate who would sign into legislation a law to QUADRUPLE IT ?
    The man running against him supported everything but the way to pay for it. So, I'm not why you think he was more qualified.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •