Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 203

Thread: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    The liberals here are likening this to a small inconvenience. This isn't a minimum wage increase where an employer is out by a small to moderate chunk. We're talking several thousands of dollars per employee, per year.

    You don't wonder why employers are trying to dodge this? If it was a miniscule thing, it wouldn't cause this much uproar.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    The liberals here are likening this to a small inconvenience. This isn't a minimum wage increase where an employer is out by a small to moderate chunk. We're talking several thousands of dollars per employee, per year.

    You don't wonder why employers are trying to dodge this? If it was a miniscule thing, it wouldn't cause this much uproar.
    Yeah, a whole 15 cents on a pizza. Compared to someone having healthcare coverage for working people, it's a no brainier. I refuse to 15 cents. The bastards.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah, a whole 15 cents on a pizza. Compared to someone having healthcare coverage for working people, it's a no brainier. I refuse to 15 cents. The bastards.
    Are you being intentionally dense? I'm talking about businesses that suddenly have to close down because their costs of operation suddenly increase by a six figure amount annually.

    Obamacare cost me my previous job, and my aunt is leaving the medical profession and closing up shop because of it.

    You suddenly see your profits slashed 20-40%, and see if you keep a straight face - unless you're just a simple enemy of business.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Are you being intentionally dense? I'm talking about businesses that suddenly have to close down because their costs of operation suddenly increase by a six figure amount annually.

    Obamacare cost me my previous job, and my aunt is leaving the medical profession and closing up shop because of it.

    You suddenly see your profits slashed 20-40%, and see if you keep a straight face - unless you're just a simple enemy of business.
    Bet it doesn't happen. I think you're being hyperbolic.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Bet it doesn't happen. I think you're being hyperbolic.
    So you think that adding approximately 10k in pre-tax costs per year per employee is going to make a marginal effect on a business?

    Seriously, I want whatever you're smoking.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    So you think that adding approximately 10k in pre-tax costs per year per employee is going to make a marginal effect on a business?

    Seriously, I want whatever you're smoking.
    Again, watch. You have it all wrong and won't happen. Sorry, this scare tactic has been tried before, and even republicans were never going to repeal it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #47
    Advisor
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    497

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Liberals are the ones that wanted universal healthcare paid for by the government. They recognized that we were already paying for the uninsureds' healthcare through ER visits and said it would be more efficacious to spend that money on preventative care instead.

    Conservatives are the ones that refused UHC, screamed about the debt being to high and instead demanded we stop shouldering the healthcare burden and shove it onto employers instead.


    Why do conservatives hate businesses so much?

    Why are they so adverse to shopping for a better deal than the anal raping that we're currently getting?

    How far does your head have to be up your ass to think there could ever be more political support for letting 40 million die without giving them so much as an ER visit than political support for paying less than what we currently pay and getting a hell of a lot more for our buck?

  8. #48
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,291

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    See, too many are always seeing great conspiracies. This "crisis" has been around a long time. Many have tried to address it, going all the back to FDR. Every time and discussion started, the socialism scare rang out, and the problem continued to grow. Right now we're expensive, have poor access comparatively, and have the government largely footing the bill for those most in need of medical attention. The systems really no system at all. Obama presented a better plan, but the tea party and republicans must take some responsibility with what we have now. They help shoot down the better plan, which lead to what was seen as compromise, borrowing from republican plans.

    Now, I would welcome a two tiered singe payer system. But one has not yet proposed. But if one is ever proposed, the fear mongering will be epic.
    We are well aware that you want the government to fully take over and run the Health Care system in the United States. But, as we see more and more of the ACA expose itself this year, can you lay out what would change from Obama's plan as it is now, to what you envision as a better system?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #49
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    USA Today: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013



    Well, who would have predicted that?
    Which just goes to highlight that we should implement a universal health care system rather than have a health care system primarily based on providing incentives to businesses to provide health care to their workers.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  10. #50
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,291

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Which just goes to highlight that we should implement a universal health care system rather than have a health care system primarily based on providing incentives to businesses to provide health care to their workers.
    Wouldn't a UHC program explicitly take the providing of Health care insurance away from business provided private sources, and shift it to a government provided entitlement?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •