Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 203

Thread: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

  1. #101
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TaraAnne View Post
    Hmmmm lets see we could have used the Bush Tax cuts, the two unpaid for wars, and the doughnut hole that were unpaid for to get it done! I find it funny that so called conservatives always want thing s paid for unless it a big corporate give away, a war, or something to do with God.
    Liberals are funny, we have one of those unpaid for wars going on yet after 4 years of liberal control, those so called Bush tax cuts could have ended in 2010 but the liberals decided to extend them, and now we still have over “half” of the so called Bush tax cuts still in place.

    As usual to liberals these things don’t matter, because they were done and are being done by one of their own.

  2. #102
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    The short sightedness of some is amazing, we have SS, Medicare, and Medicate all controlled and ran by the government. These three programs only take care of about 15% of our population. All three programs are in serious trouble, and the rates have more then doubled since their inception.

    Now there are some that are somehow convinced that we can create a government program that will cover 100% of the citizens of our country, and expect it to achieve a different result. Can any remember in 1965 the government estimated Medicare would cost 9 billion in 1990 the actual cost in 1990 was 67 billion. This is a program that today covers less then 15% of our population.

    U.S. health plans have history of cost overruns - Washington Times

    Now consider a program designed to cover 100% of the population, and what will happen to our health care if those numbers are underestimated by a like amount.

    Now I have another question for those of you that rail against insurance companies, if there is so much profit to be made in health care insurance, why haven’t more major employers gone self insured ? Why haven’t major unions started insurance companies self insuring their members ? Couldn’t they offer their members insurance at a greatly reduced rate, and still be making millions in profits ?? There has got to be a reason that they haven’t self insured . I can’t be convinced that a major industrial employer, or any of the major unions wouldn’t or couldn’t self insure and save millions of dollars in health care insurance costs.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    PPACA is often said to grant "universal access to health care". I realize that is not absolutely equating PPACA and UHC, but far too often the words universal and PPACA appear in close proximity, this is no mere accident - the implication is quite clear.
    Universal access, not UHC.


    The quote says expand and not provide.




    The same here. From your link: Health reform will significantly increase the total amount of individuals with health insurance coverage which, in turn, should significantly increase the number of people seeking treatment.


    [/QUOTE]

    Now you try to use a blogger spouting his opinion as something universally accepted?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    yeah, and you supported obama correct? Therefore you agree with everything he does, including the drone attacks ?? If not then I see the same problem with you
    Look up logical fallacies. You need to become more familiar with them. Your statement is quite illogical.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #105
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Look up logical fallacies. You need to become more familiar with them. Your statement is quite illogical.
    Or in very simple terms ... what you say about someone else doesn't apply to you ... I understand you fully

  6. #106
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
    To be clear, I don’t think implementing it (or getting it even
    passed as law) would be ’simple’ and setting aside your BS “fundamental premise of every blah blah blah” assertion:

    For a replacement that gets the job done at less expense that want it is replacing, given the levying powers afforded a government, the issue of how to pay for the replacement system tends to provide the solution itself when approached with a clear, rational head, and without malice in heart, and with the understanding that eventually you pay to get that job done (or pay for it not getting done) one way or another.
    Wow....honestly dude, my brain doesn't function that way. I guess it's from the last 3 decades of troubleshooting everything from industrial power quality problems to PCB boards and in between.

    Approaching an issue with only good intentions and a kind demeanor will earn you about 3 seconds in my industry but then we'll need some results that are derived from, Yes, a clear rational head and years of knowledge and experience based on principles that are based on empirical data.

    Its like my customer dropping off a glitchy PLC and the first thing I do is turn off my Oscilloscope , throw it on my bench and then hope the sitiation rectifies itself because I have kind, good intentions.

    Hey what if it was a toasted SCR ( Silicon Controlled Rectifier ) ? That would be ironic.

    We don't have to wonder anymore, you realize that right ? You want to impliment Single Payer do the math and then justify your assertion thats its feasable.

    Otherwise your assertion that the replacemnt will provide the solution is extremely dubious. You might pass that off on the low information Obama voter but it's a big joke to me.

  7. #107
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Wow....honestly dude, my brain doesn't function that way. I guess it's from the last 3 decades of troubleshooting everything from industrial power quality problems to PCB boards and in between.

    Approaching an issue with only good intentions and a kind demeanor will earn you about 3 seconds in my industry but then we'll need some results that are derived from, Yes, a clear rational head and years of knowledge and experience based on principles that are based on empirical data.

    Its like my customer dropping off a glitchy PLC and the first thing I do is turn off my Oscilloscope , throw it on my bench and then hope the sitiation rectifies itself because I have kind, good intentions.

    Hey what if it was a toasted SCR ( Silicon Controlled Rectifier ) ? That would be ironic.

    We don't have to wonder anymore, you realize that right ? You want to impliment Single Payer do the math and then justify your assertion thats its feasable.

    Otherwise your assertion that the replacemnt will provide the solution is extremely dubious. You might pass that off on the low information Obama voter but it's a big joke to me.
    Hey! If it sounds good, fair and logical then how could our wise gov't possibly screw it up? We have had a war on poverty, a war on drugs and a war on terror; each funded with trillions of tax dollars and they were all won! It seems a cinch that a gov't run UHC system would work nearly flawlessly and would save untold amounts of pain, suffering and money. Lets give our congress critters more "access" to our paychecks and see if it doesn't get much better right away! /s
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #108
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Look up logical fallacies. You need to become more familiar with them.
    Your statement is quite illogical.
    LOL...

    This post from you is a riot..

  9. #109
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Or in very simple terms ... what you say about someone else doesn't apply to you ... I understand you fully
    Again, you answer illogically.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Health care law may mean less hiring in 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    LOL...

    This post from you is a riot..
    As is this one from you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •