Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 276

Thread: Tom DeLay Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

  1. #61
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,063

    Re: Tom DeLay Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    If the "progressive media" had that kind of control, how would the fairness doctrine benefit them?
    Well that deserves an explanation.
    Last edited by poweRob; 01-04-13 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #62
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,063

    Re: Tom DeLay Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Because "fair" to the progressive is no alternative news or ideas to their own.

    Fair to them is ban Fox News and clone MSNBC while banning conservative talk radio.
    It is clear that you have no idea what the fairness doctrine is or was for that matter being that the fairness doctrine was in place from 1949 up into the 1980's... and it does NOT ban anything or block anyting or anything of that sort. Please read something before you try to slam something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Tom DeLay Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Having taught 4th. grade for a number of years, I'm quite familiar with the "You're picking on me because I'm (a boy, a girl, Hispanic, white, red headed, whatever) argument. The "Republicans get held to a higher standard! keening wail is the same thing, and about the same level of childishness.

    and a 351's post pretty much blew that childish, silly, unsupported refrain out of the water, didn't it?
    Really?

    So if an individual makes an observation and states that observation they are acting "childish" just because of the subject?

    Not to mention why don't you go tell those goddamn progressives they're acting like children when they say: "no fair, you must pay your fair share in taxes."

  4. #64
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Tom DeLay Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

    the only place I've even heard of the fairness doctrine is on rant radio. Is anyone else seriously debating it, considering it, fighting it, or is it just a strawman?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #65
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Tom DeLay Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Because "fair" to the progressive is no alternative news or ideas to their own.

    Fair to them is ban Fox News and clone MSNBC while banning conservative talk radio.
    Ah. So you don't understand what the fairness doctrine is. That explains that.

  6. #66
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,748

    Re: Tom DeLay Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Of course it's good, but it's not like anyone cares. If democrat "voters" actually held their candidates to the same standards as republicans there wouldn't be a democrat party.
    Actually, Republican voters didn't hold Delay to any kind of standard at all. In fact, until fairly recently, they fiercely defended him, calling the actions against him a witch hunt, and called Earl, the Austin prosecutor, a political hack who wanted Delay gone. You may want to try and rewrite history here, but history is what it is.... History, and no matter how hard you try and make it "disappear", it will still be here.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #67
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Tom DeLay Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Really?

    So if an individual makes an observation and states that observation they are acting "childish" just because of the subject?

    Not to mention why don't you go tell those goddamn progressives they're acting like children when they say: "no fair, you must pay your fair share in taxes."
    When someone makes an observation that they're being picked on because of their political party without supporting in any way that observation, then, yes, they're being childish.

    When they pick out an unrelated issue that the other party is guilty of, then they're engaging in the "what about those guys over there? Why don't you get on their case?" argument. I heard that one a lot from 9 year olds too.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Tom DeLay Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    It is clear that you have no idea what the fairness doctrine is or was for that matter being that the fairness doctrine was in place from 1949 up into the 1980's... and it does NOT ban anything or block anyting or anything of that sort. Please read something before you try to slam something.
    I know exactly what it is....

    Yeah, just like Obamacare doesn't have death panels that will "ration" resources.

    Fair to progressives is their POV puked back at them on MSNBC 24-7-365.

    Just like socialism is the only "fair" solution to progressives.

  9. #69
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Tom DeLay Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well that deserves an explanation.
    My question, or his assertion?

  10. #70
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tom DeLay Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

    Wow!

    The scumbag Tom Delay gets sent to jail and we have 7 pages of partisan bickering about who is worse, Democrats or Republicans. Who could have ever seen this one coming?

    Kind of reminds me of a philosophical debate I heard one time... something about a chicken and an egg? That argument never had a winner, either, as I recall...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •