Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 208

Thread: Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Let's accept that (although it's not really borne out by intelligence): they go from almost barely nothing to barely nothing? Worth intelligence and military outfits noticing, not worth much more.
    http://www.commentarymagazine.com/20...as-resurgence/

    Whatever they may be called - Al Qaeda, Taliban, or the Muslim Brotherhood, among many other names, it's all about spreading Islam around the world, and there is no doubt the Islamists are winning.

    They are in the process of talking over Mali (where the French have just attacked) as well as other parts of Africa. They have a lock on the Middle East (and this President will not support Israel) and of course they continue their attacks in Asia. Europe will become more Islamic as well.

    We know that the US, with the most expensive military in world history, just got beat by goat herders fighting with fertilizer and that Al Qaeda is now attacking in Iraq, which America has also abandoned and where more Americans ultimately died for nothing. In fact the Islamists even seem to be winning the propaganda wars.

    The Islamists feel the future belongs to them and there is no clear evidence that they are wrong.

  2. #152
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Al-Qaeda’s Resurgence Commentary Magazine

    Whatever they may be called - Al Qaeda, Taliban, or the Muslim Brotherhood, among many other names, it's all about spreading Islam around the world, and there is no doubt the Islamists are winning.

    They are in the process of talking over Mali (where the French have just attacked) as well as other parts of Africa. They have a lock on the Middle East (and this President will not support Israel) and of course they continue their attacks in Asia. Europe will become more Islamic as well.

    We know that the US, with the most expensive military in world history, just got beat by goat herders fighting with fertilizer and that Al Qaeda is now attacking in Iraq, which America has also abandoned and where more Americans ultimately died for nothing. In fact the Islamists even seem to be winning the propaganda wars.

    The Islamists feel the future belongs to them and there is no clear evidence that they are wrong.
    Be afraid. Be vewwy afraid!

  3. #153
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    Have we captured or killed anyone to date who fits into the GC definition of combatant?
    Yes, during the war against the Taliban government in Afghanistan and the war against the Saddam government in Iraq.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Be afraid. Be vewwy afraid!
    Why? Do you believe the Islamists as well?

  5. #155
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

    Do I believe the islamists what?

  6. #156
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,383

    Re: Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Al-Qaeda’s Resurgence Commentary Magazine

    Whatever they may be called - Al Qaeda, Taliban, or the Muslim Brotherhood, among many other names, it's all about spreading Islam around the world, and there is no doubt the Islamists are winning.

    They are in the process of talking over Mali (where the French have just attacked) as well as other parts of Africa. They have a lock on the Middle East (and this President will not support Israel) and of course they continue their attacks in Asia. Europe will become more Islamic as well.

    We know that the US, with the most expensive military in world history, just got beat by goat herders fighting with fertilizer and that Al Qaeda is now attacking in Iraq, which America has also abandoned and where more Americans ultimately died for nothing. In fact the Islamists even seem to be winning the propaganda wars.

    The Islamists feel the future belongs to them and there is no clear evidence that they are wrong.
    The Islamists are wrong and so are you. The future belongs to freedom and nothing you can say will change that. There was nothing to win in Iraq anyway. America is not a country that conquers and enslaves other nations. You should know that.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The Islamists are wrong and so are you.
    Islam is expanding but democracy seems to have slowed down a great deal.
    The future belongs to freedom and nothing you can say will change that.
    What evidence do you have of that? Do you think Western Europeans would be willing to fight and die for 'freedom'? I doubt it. But Muslims are certainly ready to fight and die for Islam.

    There was nothing to win in Iraq anyway. America is not a country that conquers and enslaves other nations. You should know that.
    Yes, I know that. And I also know that the US, the strongest military in world history with advantages overwhelmingly in its favor, hasn't won a war in 65 years, unless we include Grenada under Reagan. They've been defeated in Vietnam, Iraq and now Afghanistan.

    The French are fighting the Muslims in Mali right now and we know they'll give up soon. The Muslims won't.

  8. #158
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Be afraid. Be vewwy afraid!

    You ask earlier questions that are answered in a post that you now mock? We may have entirely different views politically of what we should have done in the wake of 9/11 but facts are facts, and your tactic seems to be mock what you have no answer to in that respect....Why should anyone bother entertaining your own sophistry?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #159
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,305

    Re: Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You ask earlier questions that are answered in a post that you now mock? We may have entirely different views politically of what we should have done in the wake of 9/11 but facts are facts, and your tactic seems to be mock what you have no answer to in that respect....Why should anyone bother entertaining your own sophistry?
    Knowing several muslims over the years here in my home town, I do not consider it a fact that muslims are dangerous. You and others certainly are entitled to fear whatever you wish, but I'm not afraid of muslims.

    Recognizing that the GWOT is a fraud, I understand that we have been manipulated and fooled.

    It is WE who have invaded the muslim countries. So really, I understand why you think as you do, but I cannot embrace that fear posture that we are all supposed to embrace, according to the government and media. Sorry pal.

  10. #160
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Knowing several muslims over the years here in my home town,.
    Several Muslims? That's impressive.

    I mean, out of the 1.3 billion and all, it sure does provide the basis for an informed view.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •