Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 392

Thread: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

  1. #61
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    I have yet to hear even just one of the libs here go after Gore for wantung to sell prior to Jan 1st to avoid paying higher taxes.

    Hypocrites
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that regardless of my opinion on Al Jazeera, Al Gore is a tool of the highest degree. He's as corrupt as you can get.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that regardless of my opinion on Al Jazeera, Al Gore is a tool of the highest degree. He's as corrupt as you can get.
    I find myself in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with you. Not on the corruption bit, I've seen no evidence of it, but on being a tool and a major hypocrite.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Old enough to get confused sometimes when faced with horribly constructed sentences. I've put an asterisk by those that make little grammatical sense. Enlighten me, do you think it's appropriate to leave babysitting duties to a TV set?



    Non-Americans they may be, but I'm guessing Al Jazeera won't mangle the English language anywhere near as badly as you do.

    Here are three points that make your argument, such as it is, invalid:

    1. Every media outlet gets accused of bias. In the case of AJ the accusations seem to come from all quarters, hence I'm sceptical that they lean too far in any one direction.
    2. You provided two sources to back up your argument, a blog and an opinion piece by an autocratic ruler of a state neighbouring Qatar. When you can provide hard, research-based evidence that shows undue partiality in one particular direction, I'll take you seriously.
    3. The stock market does not require that national interests are taken into account when buying and selling stock. A government may intervene and create legislation to protect its own interests. That's known as market intervention. I think it's unlikely that the US government will get involved in this deal, but who knows?

    It surprises me that a right-winger like yourself would wish the government to intervene in the operation of the free market. I guess you must be what's known as a paleo-conservative of the big government-loving kind.
    Good thing I didn't speak any street talk or Jive then you would have to be taught another reality.....huh?.

    If you are worried over grammar, syntax and spelling.....then you weren't focused on what ya should have been.

    Sorry you can't figure out about a lot of parents in the US that don't take care of their kids and let the TV do the babysitting. I wouldn't make a complaint over parents that do so if I thought it was appropriate now would I? So were you looking to spin this in any other way? Or were you looking to make another assumption?

    I never said let the Government intervene in anything. Which has nothing to do with an American putting his country first. I was clear on that so you shouldn't have any confusion over it. Rather than attempt to assume shiznit.

    Also I never said they leaned in any one direction but that they Shouldn't be talking about any Anti American Propaganda. But I wouldn't say you will see to many interviews with Shia Clerics and Any that are Politicians. But I doubt with all the different sources saying the same thing over whether they believe they are bias or not, needs to be validated by specific Journalists and or other reporters and which as you say work for the Competition.....and YOUR Reason as to why YOU don't think they are bias.

    Perhaps when you figure out that you can't prove they are not bias. Then you might have more clarity.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And what does that have to do with Mickey Mouse and a hamas tv station?

    But for the record... Al Jazeera is much much more than 2 news channels. It has movie channels.. 10+ sports channels, children channels, entertainment channels. It carries HBO, Fox News (yes funny I know), Discovery and so on their pay satellite platform and even has a football club. It is in fact a very large media organisation.
    can a Jew go to Quatar or SA?...

  5. #65
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,092

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    can a Jew go to Quatar or SA?...
    And what does that have to do with this?
    PeteEU

  6. #66
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    can a Jew go to Quatar or SA?...
    When I had dealings with AJ, about 8 or so years ago, their Head of Documentaries was Jewish, recruited from Discovery Channel iirc.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    When I had dealings with AJ, about 8 or so years ago, their Head of Documentaries was Jewish, recruited from Discovery Channel iirc.
    who cares...and I dont believe that.. sorry... what country was he in?
    Last edited by Travis007; 01-03-13 at 05:15 PM.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    08-02-17 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,375

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And what does that have to do with this?
    a lot..

    it shows the mentality of who is funding this station..did AQ use AJ to get out Bin Laden's messages?

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    who cares...
    Well, he had to spend a lot of time in Qatar, so I guess that answered your question, total non sequitur though it was.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis007 View Post
    a lot..

    it shows the mentality of who is funding this station..did AQ use AJ to get ou Bin Laden's messages?
    If AQ had sent the tapes to Fox, they'd have run 'em too. It's called News.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •