Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 392

Thread: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

  1. #41
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    You need a code book for what you yourself put up with what you showed they had as part of their programming? So are you saying you were confused with what I was pointing out that you had said?

    I also Implied others have said it the same. But for some reason you doubted that there were any OPs over it. Read English much?
    Yea I read and write English.. but what you writing .. is that English... did not know there had to be capitals in random words.
    PeteEU

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I don't know.

    A cable station owned by two foreign governments.

    What could go wrong?
    Two foreign governments? It is owned 100% by the Qatari state, just as the BBC's international services are owned and funded by the British state.

    There have been questions raised about AJ's editorial independence, some with some merit, others wholly fabricated and some of those fabrications invented by the Bush and Blair administrations. You should never, ever take everything any new organisation says at face value, but use your critical faculties to decide whether you are receiving reliable information. This applies to all news organisations whatever their ownership. Frankly there's no more (and no less) reason to fear media manipulation by AJ than by the Murdochs, Berlusconis, or Time Warners of this world.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Yea I read and write English.. but what you writing .. is that English... did not know there had to be capitals in random words.
    Good thing I didn't use street talk or Jive. Otherwise you might have learned there is another reality out there you didn't know about.....huh?

  4. #44
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    I have no problem with it but I do foresee them having issues when their cable contract renewals come up.

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    You were sayin something about not having any proof[/B]?
    Yes, I was, and still am. You realise that all of this material you've posted shows that AJ has received complaints of bias from virtually every strand of political opinion there is? From Israel, Syria, Saudi Arabia, the US and the UK. Presumably you think that the only valid complaint of bias is that of anti-Westernism.

    No. See unlike you I don't put up anything thinking others are stupid or that I am trying to trick them into believing anything. I figure most are adults and can make up their own minds about what is said.
    Well, we certainly all saw you making one very specific false claim, then denying you'd said it a couple of posts later.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Yes, I was, and still am. You realise that all of this material you've posted shows that AJ has received complaints of bias from virtually every strand of political opinion there is? From Israel, Syria, Saudi Arabia, the US and the UK. Presumably you think that the only valid complaint of bias is that of anti-Westernism.

    Well, we certainly all saw you making one very specific false claim, then denying you'd said it a couple of posts later.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post

    What do you think the reason Al Jazeera hasn't tried to get into South America and Central America? Also We use to have UPI overseas. Several Mainstream media Sources accuse of Al Jazeera of being bias with their Reporting. Which included the Asian times and the BBC saying the Same. Now why would the Asian times Say so if they didn't think they were?

    Once again you are wrong. Which is why I put up the Material from the Arab Countries themselves. Course that problem comes in when you decide that you can do the thinking for me. Or attempt to pass off some assumption that you have.

    I don't think you can get around me saying that others Like the Asian times had said so from the beginning.....course I would look more at those Pan Arab countries and all their complaints of Bias with Al Jazeera moreso than Western Media. Which then knowing from the beginning they were not reporting the issues when it comes to certain conflicts accurately. Despite many governments themselves making the same complaint.

    With the Majority of them being Arab or Muslim. This of course leaves your.....uhm so called theory, Where Now?

  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post

    What do you think the reason Al Jazeera hasn't tried to get into South America and Central America? Also We use to have UPI overseas. Several Mainstream media Sources accuse of Al Jazeera of being bias with their Reporting. Which included the Asian times and the BBC saying the Same. Now why would the Asian times Say so if they didn't think they were?

    Once again you are wrong. Which is why I put up the Material from the Arab Countries themselves. Course that problem comes in when you decide that you can do the thinking for me. Or attempt to pass off some assumption that you have.

    I don't think you can get around me saying that others Like the Asian times had said so from the beginning.....course I would look more at those Pan Arab countries and all their complaints of Bias with Al Jazeera moreso than Western Media. Which then knowing from the beginning they were not reporting the issues when it comes to certain conflicts accurately. Despite many governments themselves making the same complaint.

    With the Majority of them being Arab or Muslim. This of course leaves your.....uhm so called theory, Where Now?
    I really cannot fathom what point you believe you are making. You are claiming that multiple competitor news organisations from around the world and across the political spectrum are claiming that AJ presents biased news coverage, Biased against the West, biased against Syria, against Israel, against Saudi Arabia. There's a maxim in TV that if everyone attacks you, from all sides, then you must be getting your balance about right.

    What's your problem? And what do you want to do about it?
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    I really cannot fathom what point you believe you are making. You are claiming that multiple competitor news organisations from around the world and across the political spectrum are claiming that AJ presents biased news coverage, Biased against the West, biased against Syria, against Israel, against Saudi Arabia. There's a maxim in TV that if everyone attacks you, from all sides, then you must be getting your balance about right.

    What's your problem? And what do you want to do about it?
    It's not just multiple news agencies around the World. It is Governments and Other Arab groups as well. The Qataris are Mostly Sunni Correct?

    I already stated my concern would be for lil kids in this Country and their parents letting the TV babysit them. Or for any type of Propaganda being passed along to them that is about being Anti-American. That was my only concern other than why Gore would go outside the US to go with another Buyer. Especially when it comes to Americans and Jobs.

  9. #49
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    I've got no problem with it, and at least now Current may get some ratings.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I've got no problem with it, and at least now Current may get some ratings.
    Weren't they getting that with Elliot Spitzer? He left CNN to go there. Wonder if Gore wouldn't have fired Olbermann if they would even be in this fix?

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •