Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 392

Thread: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

  1. #341
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,482

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, in fact it says nothing. You don't know and you should just admit it rather than pretending.
    Either you're about 12 years old or you have no concept or knowledge about McCarthy's character and beliefs.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Either you're about 12 years old or you have no concept or knowledge about McCarthy's character and beliefs.
    As a matter of fact I know a great deal about about McCarthy and the times. Want to back up any of your statements or are you just going to pretend you know something?

  3. #343
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,482

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    As a matter of fact I know a great deal about about McCarthy and the times. Want to back up any of your statements or are you just going to pretend you know something?
    Uh huh, sure you do...

    Your boring me with the claims you know, but offer nothing. If you disagree...groovy, and you're welcome to provide fact to back up your all knowing claims

  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Uh huh, sure you do...

    Your boring me with the claims you know, but offer nothing. If you disagree...groovy, and you're welcome to provide fact to back up your all knowing claims
    Actually it was you who made claims you can't support.

    Bu it doesn't matter. There are always pretenders on any debate board.

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Al Jazeera English has bought Al Gore's Current TV station in hope of creating an Al Jazeera America network. Article on AJE Here I see this a step in the right direction for AJE as they can have a foothold in American media.
    I heard from Uncle Rush that NO ONE pays $500,000,000 for an American TV network with as few viewers as Current TV boasts.


    They are actually buying Al Gore's entre into America's living rooms.

    They are expecting Al Gore to help them gain acceptance here.

    Why?

    Answer that question honestly and then you'll know what the uproar is about.
    Last edited by marsden; 01-09-13 at 12:40 AM.

  6. #346
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,482

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Actually it was you who made claims you can't support.

    Bu it doesn't matter. There are always pretenders on any debate board.
    You're absolutely right...and we agree on something...it's hard to debate somebody who is clueless about the topic of a so-called debate. Maybe you'll take a little time out to research the life of McCarthy. You'd most likely be a sympathizer to his cause...and his adamant need to control people through paranoia and false allegations...you know, like the one you claim about me.

    Nawh...you're right...it doesn't matter.

  7. #347
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post

    Now this is a stupid move IMO. Any reason for Gore Selling out to the Arabs and Al Jazeera? Just what we need today our kids in this country watching Pan Arab Television and their broadcasting. Anyone else think this a good idea?
    Whats bad about that?????


  8. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Whats bad about that?????
    Al Jazeera Buys Algore's Hoax Machine - The Rush Limbaugh Show

    RUSH: No, seriously, folks, stop and think of this. Here's Algore, who has become extremely wealthy perpetuating and personifying a hoax that is in large part based on the dangers of oil. Oil and fossil fuels are destroying the climate. Our use of these fuels is destroying the climate, is creating global warming, and there's nothing good about that in Algore's view. Yet who does he accept money from?

    He sells his network for $500 million to the grand pooh-bahs of Qatar, which only have that money to give or to buy it with because of oil. You could say, "Well, he's taken them to the cleaners, Rush! He sold them something that's not worth anything." No, no. That's not what's happened. That is not what happened. Algore has accepted money from an industry, a nation state and industry that he tells everybody else needs to be shut down. And what did he sell them?

    He sold them a propaganda arm!

    He sold them a cable network that does reach 70% or 80% of the eyeballs in this country. So he took oil money. Anybody think that that's not on the up and up? Why would Algore want to have anything to do with Big Oil? He hates 'em. They're the reason that we are threatened. They are the reason that we're endangered. They're the ones that have been lying to us. They've been the polluters! I think the reason they bought him is because he's obviously good at spreading propaganda.

    Al Jazeera obviously has a worldview. Al Jazeera, like any other news network, would love to be able to persuade everybody that watches it to agree with their worldview. Their worldview is not one friendly to us as a country rooted in Western Civilization. Al Jazeera doesn't have much to say about Western Civilization that's good. And yet they partner with Algore, who supposedly hates oil.

    So he gets even richer, gives them a propaganda arm, and remains involved perhaps as a consultant. And then Jennifer Granholm? What's funny about this staff meeting is Jennifer Granholm asked about severance packages for people like her who are quitting. And Joel Hyatt, Algore's partner, told her to shut up. "We're not talking about the at this meeting! Bring it up later." Total, total, disrespect.

    BREAK TRANSCRIPT



  9. #349
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    11-08-13 @ 07:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    43

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....

    Quoting Rush talking about propaganda. Irony at its best.

  10. #350
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Al-Jazeera buys Current TV from Al Gore.....[W:187,319]

    wrong post

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •